Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Marvic Air Lost due to Battery Failure
1638 22 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10686 ft
Hong Kong

Lost my DJI Marvic Air yesterday, drone flew out about 250 meters and had 50% battery(dji go app estimater more than 5 minutes flight time). Then battery dropped to 0% in a sudden. I tried to flew it back but it tried to land itself and lost signal after flew no more than 90 meters. The place it landed is in some dense trees where my neighbour and I could not access and search for it. During the flight the wind is small to none and the temperature is about 15 degree celcius. Either the battery or the drone unit itself is faulty or I could easily fly the drone back to the takeoff point If the battery had more than 50% as dji drone/app estimated .  I submitted a support request to dji and waiting for their response on if my drone would be replaced under warranty.

I would be very grateful If anyone has encounter any similar problem about DJI batteries and their drones in general could leave your comments and share your insights on what may have caused me to lose my drone and why it behave so strangely under these circumstances. I need all of the help I can get at this point. Thank you all.
101580482424_.pic_hd.jpg
111580482425_.pic_hd.jpg
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear the loss of your drone, I understand that must be frustrating in this case. As you had contacted our support, they will reply to your ticket in working hours. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact me at any time, I am here to help.
2020-1-31
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

DJI Thor Posted at 1-31 20:46
I am sorry to hear the loss of your drone, I understand that must be frustrating in this case. As you had contacted our support, they will reply to your ticket in working hours. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact me at any time, I am here to help.

Hi Thor, thank you for your immediate response.
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CuteBlastSamo Posted at 1-31 22:41
Hi Thor, thank you for your immediate response.

You're welcome, CuteBlastSamo. Hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2020-2-1
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2-1 02:47
You're welcome, CuteBlastSamo. Hope your case will be sorted out soon.

Thank you again Thor. Really appreciate it. How long does dji support usually take to reponse?  It has been two days since I reach out dji for help via email( email option on this page: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). But no body responses yet.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CuteBlastSamo Posted at 2-1 17:46
Thank you again Thor. Really appreciate it. How long does dji support usually take to reponse?  It has been two days since I reach out dji for help via email( email option on this page: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). But no body responses yet.

I am very sorry for the waiting, I had sent you PM for the info. Please kindly check.
2020-2-1
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2-1 19:01
I am very sorry for the waiting, I had sent you PM for the info. Please kindly check.

No worries it is not you fault. I replied your PM.  Thank you for tracking down my ticket and transfer it to proper team.
2020-2-1
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please let us know what the outcome is
2020-2-1
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Taiwan

SupBro Posted at 2-1 21:37
Please let us know what the outcome is

Hi SupBro, thanks for your reply. I will keep this thread updated
2020-2-1
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

Update:
One tech support representative finally contacted me  and transfered my case to another deparment.
2020-2-2
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569570 ft
Hungary

Hi, I had very similar " battery dropped to 0 percent from 95 percent in an instant" issue with my DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo:

On 17th January 2020 i went to fly. I just took off the ground with battery level 95%. I did not do any special just started to ascent. At about 19 meters height, my battery level dropped from 95% to 0% !!! Controller said Critically Low Voltage Warning, Landing!  But this was not a gentle landing it was speeding up as approached the ground.  I managed to catch the drone with my feet just as if i were a freestyle football player! I managed to get protect the drone from crashing hard to asphalt ground!

I was shocked! How could this happened? After my pulse get back to normal level, i replaced my battery, wich had approx  60% started to ascend. now at 34 meters height my other batteries level dropped also to 0%!      Critically Low Voltage Warning  again ! This time as it started to fall back from almost twice height, i was not brave enough to risk my legs or hand, so i could not protect my Mavic Air that crashed to ground. Left front and rear legs damaged visibly. Wifi cover broke down, rear legs lower part broke down all my propellers damaged.

Now it seems that they will repair my crashed drone in warranty - but as my batteries warranty period is exired in 2019 August (DJI intelligent flight batteries has only one year warranty) they do not want to replace them.

And UNFORTUNATELY till this point (3rd february 2020) they did not say anything about what could cause the accidents. I am very curious abot whether my batteries gone wrong ( two at the same time) or it was my drones fault?

It is very important to know, becouse it determine my future flights...whether not to use thoose two batteries eny more or will my drone be safe anymore???

2020-2-3
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

manufak Posted at 2-3 10:38
Hi, I had very similar " battery dropped to 0 percent from 95 percent in an instant" issue with my DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo:

On 17th January 2020 i went to fly. I just took off the ground with battery level 95%. I did not do any special just started to ascent. At about 19 meters height, my battery level dropped from 95% to 0% !!! Controller said Critically Low Voltage Warning, Landing!  But this was not a gentle landing it was speeding up as approached the ground.  I managed to catch the drone with my feet just as if i were a freestyle football player! I managed to get protect the drone from crashing hard to asphalt ground!

Hi Manufak,
Thank you for your sharing.  Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I am also curious to know what is the root cause of the problem.
2020-2-3
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

Update:
DJI support gets back to me again. They want to do a data analysis for my drone and claim dji refresh can not cover drone lost. I provided all the information they requested. I will wait and see what is the final solution. Thanks again for all help from members in this forum.
2020-2-3
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

Update:
A flyaway case was created CAS-3972606-M8H9Q5. For some reason DJI could not sync my flight record and asked me to resync. Although my flight record was already synced and I also has submitted a problem report which attached the flight record. I re-synced the flight record as DJI requested and pull the txt flight record data from my phone and attached it the email.
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

manufak Posted at 2-3 10:38

We apologize for the crash accident, upon checking your case, the accident was caused by non-pilot error, for the replacement of the batteries, the team should have contacted you after double confirmation, please note your email and let us know if you still have any concerns.
2020-2-5
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569570 ft
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-5 07:20
We apologize for the crash accident, upon checking your case, the accident was caused by non-pilot error, for the replacement of the batteries, the team should have contacted you after double confirmation, please note your email and let us know if you still have any concerns.

Dear Mindy!

Thank you!

As this conversation shows, not only me would like to know, what is the technical reason that causes sudden battery level drop to 0%. Now after many many e.-mails it seems that my problem will be solved by DJI. But let me mention that if i were not so persistent, my case would ended totally different (not so favourable to me!).

So please inform me even in a private e-mail, what caused my crash damage? I was sure since the accident that it was a non-pilot error.

Thanks in advance!

2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_GuU8SRdYrozh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520561 ft
United States

Exact thing happened to me yesterday but I was able to get mine back. Sorry yours was lost...! I need to know the outcome too as I can't have this happen... BTW, were you on normal or 'sports' mode?
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

manufak Posted at 2-5 08:47
Dear Mindy!

Thank you!

I have sent you PM, please check, thanks.
2020-2-7
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
China

djiuser_GuU8SRdYrozh Posted at 2-6 11:09
Exact thing happened to me yesterday but I was able to get mine back. Sorry yours was lost...! I need to know the outcome too as I can't have this happen... BTW, were you on normal or 'sports' mode?

Thank you for your comment. DJI sent me a email yesterday saying the flight record data analysis was complete. Someone will send me a email in a day or two, maybe then I would know what is the root issue of this problem. And I will update the result here. When I flew my drone, it was on normal mode.

WX20200208-114547@2x.png
2020-2-7
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Support data analysis show that the aircraft had problem and they offered me replacement of aricraft  without the battery. Although the battery is out of warranty, it was lost due to the aircraft flyaway/crash. Not to mention I aslo lost 32GB SanDisk TF card(life time warranty) I bought from DJI Store in the crash. I was writing back an email and hopefully I could get a battery replacement. Thank all the community members here for their help/comments.
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CuteBlastSamo Posted at 2-11 07:08
DJI Support data analysis show that the aircraft had problem and they offered me replacement of aricraft  without the battery. Although the battery is out of warranty, it was lost due to the aircraft flyaway/crash. Not to mention I aslo lost 32GB SanDisk TF card(life time warranty) I bought from DJI Store in the crash. I was writing back an email and hopefully I could get a battery replacement. Thank all the community members here for their help/comments.
[view_image]

Good to know the replacement aircraft will be provided, if you need any further assistance, please keep us updated.
2020-2-13
Use props
CuteBlastSamo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-13 23:22
Good to know the replacement aircraft will be provided, if you need any further assistance, please keep us updated.

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for all the help and your comment. My email was sent to dji support 6 days ago with my shipping address but no one replied me yet. Could you help me have a look on my case status and see if there is any update?
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CuteBlastSamo Posted at 2-17 03:37
Hi Mindy,
Thank you for all the help and your comment. My email was sent to dji support 6 days ago with my shipping address but no one replied me yet. Could you help me have a look on my case status and see if there is any update?

Hi there, sorry to have kept you waiting. I've forwarded your request to the related team, our team will follow up on your case and reply to your email soon. We appreciate your good patience.
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules