12Next >
2801 64 2020-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 10 entry optional ), Total 87 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Christian U. Thanks for creating this poll. Hopefully, you could get the best information with regards to what feature would our valued DJI co pilots would  like to pay afterwards. Thank you for your continued support.
2020-2-1
Use props
BalmyLight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758 ft
United States

I voted, but I don't think I should have to pay for any of them.
2020-2-1
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 14:08
Hello and good day Christian U. Thanks for creating this poll. Hopefully, you could get the best information with regards to what feature would our valued DJI co pilots would  like to pay afterwards. Thank you for your continued support.

I hope DJI gets an idea from it that simple to implement features as in-app-payment are also an selling point, and not all has be added just with new drone models. The Mini is an great base with its small weight and size. It would be great if we could buy additional features.
2020-2-1
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-1 17:54
Choice # 11.  "Drone Unlock" - Completely eliminates all altitude, flight, NFZ restrictions, & squelches AeroScope ID broadcast.

Thats much more insecure than Active Track wothout OA Sensors ;)
2020-2-1
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

BalmyLight Posted at 2-1 14:21

Really ? The Mini has an absoulute chinese price for this hardware and you dont would pay for additional features you want to have ?
2020-2-1
Use props
BalmyLight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758 ft
United States

Christian U Posted at 2-1 21:52
Really ? The Mini has an absoulute chinese price for this hardware and you dont would pay for additional features you want to have ?

Yes really! duh
2020-2-1
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

BalmyLight Posted at 2-1 22:26
Yes really! duh

I fully agree with you. I hate the concept of a “DLC” based model.

If a feature exists give it to everyone, if it doesn’t then no one can have it. A DLC model would also make a resale difficult as you would need to prove what you had “unlocked” or “added on”
2020-2-2
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I don't think this is the way. Next time You will pay for battery level indicator or RTH button?
I understand to pay extra for Hasselblad camera or Smart Controller (and of course fly more combo) but no for camera settings option.
2020-2-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Cool pool, but I don´t like the idea of paying for features that are software based.
2020-2-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I hope some of these functions are made available for free
2020-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m pleased to see that camera controls are way ahead of AT and I believe will enhance your experience a lot more than spending all day looking over your shoulder or climbing trees to retrieve your drone .
2020-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MM has met all my pre-buy expectations.  However, since I'm fairly sure DJI will not implement all the listed features I'd like to see at least those features added that enhance shooting video and photos.  

Off topic but I love my new Skydio 2.  What a beast. Wasn't expecting it until late Feb but getting it late Jan was a nice surprise.  I bought the MM as a portable option to take on trips, etc so it will still get plenty of use.  My Skydio will get work outs at motorcycle races and RC boat races.  
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Christian U Posted at 2-1 21:50
I hope DJI gets an idea from it that simple to implement features as in-app-payment are also an selling point, and not all has be added just with new drone models. The Mini is an great base with its small weight and size. It would be great if we could buy additional features.

Thank you for the additional information you have provided Christian U. This idea is good. Rest assured that these additional information will be cascaded as well. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-2
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

BalmyLight Posted at 2-1 14:21

I mean no offense but software developers don't (and shouldn't) work for free.

Any of these great features would be worth an extra payment. Especially if they are developed and the overall price it kept low but I can buy the extra features *I* want without having to pay for features I don't want.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-3
Use props
Mavixx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 993100 ft
Germany

[X] don't want to pay for anything at all!
2020-2-3
Use props
dark13star
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16739 ft
United States

Cal Evans Posted at 2-3 05:15
I mean no offense but software developers don't (and shouldn't) work for free.

Any of these great features would be worth an extra payment. Especially if they are developed and the overall price it kept low but I can buy the extra features *I* want without having to pay for features I don't want.

Quite true. I've spent my career doing product management/marketing and the way I would approach this is to add the features in to open up more buyers for the entire product. The mini has quite a long sales life ahead of it. Now imagine that sales slow because the early adopters all hopped on and bought it. Add Raw and manual white balance and not only do existing customers get happier, but they can sell to the market that didn't buy for those lacking features. These features are only "free" to existing customers, but they can prolong the sales life of the product overall and fund their development.
2020-2-3
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I’d like , I think I can speak for everyone, because we already paid for the mini, that it doesn’t fall, doesn’t flyaway, doesn’t do anything that can make it lost...
2020-2-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I agree that software development is not free. But I also think that there's a limit to what can be called a "feature". ActiveTrack or ActiveFollow are clearly features and I would honestly pay for them. Allowing WB lock or manual video settings on the other hand I don't think can be considered "features", since it feels more like they were intentionally blocked to separate the Mini from the Air.
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 2-3 07:33
I agree that software development is not free. But I also think that there's a limit to what can be called a "feature". ActiveTrack or ActiveFollow are clearly features and I would honestly pay for them. Allowing WB lock or manual video settings on the other hand I don't think can be considered "features", since it feels more like they were intentionally blocked to separate the Mini from the Air.

But since the Mini costs a lot less than the Air, i think thats the exact case what we can pay for and i have no problem to pay for Features. And i find it also ok to make products with less features to seperate it from other Products.

BUT i have an problem with producting every year new electronic waste just to add an single feature that also could be added in Software...
2020-2-3
Use props
Lipscombe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 507854 ft

Canada

None.  I would not buy a drone in the first place if I had to pay for features.  
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_RkTeZbjHtsoQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

Active track and Panorama, wouldn't mind paying for them. It could probably do as much as PRO just that it would cannibalize their drone line.
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_RkTeZbjHtsoQ Posted at 2-3 09:24
Active track and Panorama, wouldn't mind paying for them. It could probably do as much as PRO just that it would cannibalize their drone line.

thats the reason becouse i dont think that its realistic to get new features without paying for them.
i just want to show dji an way how they can add features without the user must buy every year another hardware.

i even dont know why people here are so angry against software based features.
on pc and smartphone its totally normal to install features and pay for them without buying an new phone for every app.
2020-2-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 2-3 09:45
thats the reason becouse i dont think that its realistic to get new features without paying for them.
i just want to show dji an way how they can add features without the user must buy every year another hardware.

I don’t agree with paying for upgraded features, my understanding is that DJI add feature moving forward, I think it sends the wrong message to DJI trying to drum up support for pay as you go features, unless your on commission
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-3 11:00
I don’t agree with paying for upgraded features, my understanding is that DJI add feature moving forward, I think it sends the wrong message to DJI trying to drum up support for pay as you go features, unless your on commission

nobody forces you to buy something.
2020-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Christian U Posted at 2-3 11:53

If we look at Mavic 1 it was so full of features that this was blamed for many bugs, since that craft dji have put less features on their drones concentrating on good working drones not adding features almost nobody uses and finding down the road users complaining about to many features causing to many bugs, for me I’d prefer first to have a craft that can be as good as it can .
2020-2-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Christian U Posted at 2-3 09:45

I would say that’s not the best comparison. I pay once for an iPhone and then get new features every year for 5-6 years
2020-2-3
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I think the developers have to be paid, it is another thing to say that you have to pay to unlock existing functions that have been blocked for commercial or product overlapping reasons.
For now I learn to use the Mini as it is, even if the problem is evident on the white balance.
2020-2-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm not sure what do you mean by "pay afterwards"? Purchase additional features in form of a firmware version(s)? Bribe DJI for special MM "pimping"? Hire a hacker for firmware/software mod? Purchase next, advanced and more expensive version of MM?
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-3 12:48
I'm not sure what do you mean by "pay afterwards"? Purchase additional features in form of a firmware version(s)? Bribe DJI for special MM "pimping"? Hire a hacker for firmware/software mod? Purchase next, advanced and more expensive version of MM?

I think all Features ive notices could be implemented in the App without Firmware changes.
I think of in-app payments.
Or an Payment to unlock DJI GO for the Mini.
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 2-3 12:35
I would say that’s not the best comparison. I pay once for an iPhone and then get new features every year for 5-6 years

I think its non fair comparism to compare the most expensive phone to the most cheapest dji drone.
2020-2-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mavixx Posted at 2-3 05:20
[X] don't want to pay for anything at all!

That's my idea as well, but security guys keep chasing me all over the mall ...
2020-2-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 2-3 11:53

I’m not saying that, I just think it’s a ridiculous thread to suggest customers pay extra for a product they have already purchased.  If DJI are customer focused they will add additional features for free moving forward.
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-3 14:08
I’m not saying that, I just think it’s a ridiculous thread to suggest customers pay extra for a product they have already purchased.  If DJI are customer focused they will add additional features for free moving forward.

You can make studies yourself if DJI has added new functionality to any of there products before.
DJI is an selling focused company. Like most companys.
2020-2-3
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

Ideally I wouldn't want to pay extra for any features. I'm concerned that if this was the case we would basically give DJI a green light to start implementing pay for basic feature approach to all of their products...
I know that every company is looking for more revenue streams, however, there is a difference between asking customers to pay extra for high-end features and basic features such as manual video editing and ActiveTrack! Would you buy a basic, cheap DSLR camera and not expect it to have manual video / photo settings? Exactly.
As it was mentioned many times in this forum, there really isn't an acceptable excuse why DJI refuses to put some of those requested features on. They will lose the trust of many customers by ignoring their needs, especially that the drone industry is expanding massively and DJI is no longer a sole producer worth looking up to. It's not going to take long for someone else to produce under 250g quality-camera drone.
2020-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Christian U Posted at 2-3 14:12
You can make studies yourself if DJI has added new functionality to any of there products before.
DJI is an selling focused company. Like most companys.

Dji Always add new features to all their products, for instance over 8 different features with M1, in 14 FW updates, more than 6 new features with Osmo pocket in 12 FW updates, several with M2 and similar with P4 P4pro and inspire, they have never charged for any updates or upgrades and I believe they never will, incidentally they have made many improvements to all their cameras for both aircraft and handheld.
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

moniek1996 Posted at 2-3 15:00
Ideally I wouldn't want to pay extra for any features. I'm concerned that if this was the case we would basically give DJI a green light to start implementing pay for basic feature approach to all of their products...
I know that every company is looking for more revenue streams, however, there is a difference between asking customers to pay extra for high-end features and basic features such as manual video editing and ActiveTrack! Would you buy a basic, cheap DSLR camera and not expect it to have manual video / photo settings? Exactly.
As it was mentioned many times in this forum, there really isn't an acceptable excuse why DJI refuses to put some of those requested features on. They will lose the trust of many customers by ignoring their needs, especially that the drone industry is expanding massively and DJI is no longer a sole producer worth looking up to. It's not going to take long for someone else to produce under 250g quality-camera drone.

The Mini is an great Plattform, and iam pretty sure DJI is not loosing Customers becouse AT is not implemented in the Mini, even in this thread a lot of People exlain that they dont need AT. Stop complaining about "we want all for free". The Mini costs the half of the other Drones with AT and stuff.
I dont think that well see an 250g drone with 30mins Flight time in next month again.
If your happy with the Features you have, just enjoy them.
If you dont need AT, why spamming around in this Thread ?
2020-2-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Christian U Posted at 2-3 12:58
I think all Features ive notices could be implemented in the App without Firmware changes.
I think of in-app payments.
Or an Payment to unlock DJI GO for the Mini.

They will implement some requested, technically possible features without extra "penalty". They always do, read post #37. But the idea of purchasing these "on demand" features is just plain absurd, IMHO.
2020-2-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

moniek1996 Posted at 2-3 15:00
As it was mentioned many times in this forum, there really isn't an acceptable excuse why DJI refuses to put some of those requested features on. They will lose the trust of many customers by ignoring their needs, especially that the drone industry is expanding massively and DJI is no longer a sole producer worth looking up to. It's not going to take long for someone else to produce under 250g quality-camera drone.

"I'm concerned that if this was the case we would basically give DJI a green light to start implementing pay for basic feature approach to all of their products..."

And this is the one and only part of your comment attention worthy. The rest is just plain, typical rubbish, my friend ... Mavic Mini is NOT comparable to "a basic, cheap DSRL camera (...) with manual video/photo settings". It's basically just flying smartphone camera to make selfies at barbeque party, and you don't have these options in smartphones, right? DJI is not refusing "to put some of those requested features on". In contrary, most of the time they do whatever is technically possible and at no extra charge, see post #37... Also, the drone industry is NOT "expanding massively", although many have been trying (and still do) to milk the market with mediocre results by far. It takes a decade of experience and a billion dollars worth assets ...
2020-2-3
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-3 15:03
Dji Always add new features to all their products, for instance over 8 different features with M1, in 14 FW updates, more than 6 new features with Osmo pocket in 12 FW updates, several with M2 and similar with P4 P4pro and inspire, they have never charged for any updates or upgrades and I believe they never will, incidentally they have made many improvements to all their cameras for both aircraft and handheld.

Ive looked at Spark and Air wich are mostly compareable and there are only security features or fixes added.
2020-2-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules