1688 4 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rasper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62369 ft
Mexico

Hey guys,
Had a really bizarre and frankly scary experience with my drone.
It's been behaving quite strange for the past couple of months, mainly in the form of turning left ever so slightly, and losing altitude when I'm holding the up stick.
Previously it's never been an issue until this last flight.

I'm so lucky it didn't land in water - I managed to crash land it beside a flowing river which I then had to swim nearly 30 minutes upstream to retrieve it.
Honestly, I'm getting really annoyed with the Mavic Air, this is the 2nd drone I've had as the 1st destroyed itself and was covered under warranty.
And now yet again I'm facing issues that make me want to never fly it again.

Can anyone help me understand what happened?

Essentially launched as normal, everything was fine, all signals were fine - I was just about positioned for my first clip when I noticed yet again it was losing altitude very slowly.
Not a problem, it has done this a few times and has always corrected itself after a moment or two.
This time it didn't - it kept falling, and no matter what I pressed stick wise, it responded to nothing - I held up the entire time - at a point it had fallen below where I launched it from and it just kept saying maximum altitude reached despite continuing to fall.

My friend had just flown his Mavic Air from the exact same point with absolutely no issues - and after he'd powered everything down, I launched mine.

I'm at a loss - I'm not in a position to send it for another warranty repair like last time currently - but as said, I'm really disheartened that yet again I'm facing issues with what was a relatively expensive purchase.
It's annoying as I'd picked this drone to travel and I'm missing so many amazing opportunities to capture these memories.

Any help would be vastly appreciated
Thanks guys!

Log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZT7ZWMFKV50PVCZBG1O3/
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rasper. I am sorry to read and to know what is happening to your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for posting your experience here at DJI Forum. can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air and try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone and the remote controller as well and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-2-2
Use props
Rasper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 12:22
Hello and good day Rasper. I am sorry to read and to know what is happening to your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for posting your experience here at DJI Forum. can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air and try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone and the remote controller as well and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

Really appreciate the response Stephen.
Could I be a pain and ask you to post the best guides to follow on this - keep finding conflicting info upon googling it?
Appreciate your help bud - thank you!
2020-2-2
Use props
Rasper
lvl.1
Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 12:22

Still no idea how you do this lol.
2020-2-13
Use props
fans24f8cd66
New
Flight distance : 43878 ft
Netherlands

II have the same problem with my Mavic Air. Losing altitude while hovering.
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules