Linux Support
6325 2 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gabs247
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,
I got an Osmo Action recently, and just wondering if there was any way to automatically upload the content to a linux server? I do something similar with my DSLR, where I plug it into the USB port with the data cable attached to the camera, and then I run a script that uploads to my shared Photos/Videos locations. The tool I'm using is gphoto2, but is it correct that the USB cable on the Osmo Action is only a charging cable, as gphoto2 didn't recognise it when I tried?

My other option, is to Download using the Android app, and then write a script that will automatically sync that with my Photos/Videos locations when I'm on my home wifi. This has worked, but I'd prefer to go direct (plus my phone doesn't have that much space on it).

Thanks...
2020-2-2
Use props
vmalep
New
Flight distance : 564472 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I agree with Gabs. I am a GNU/Linux user (Ubuntu) with no MS Windows nor Mac computer at hand and I also wish DJI will develop support for the Linux platform.

Best regards,
Pierre
2020-5-2
Use props
gabs247
lvl.1
Australia

vmalep Posted at 5-2 06:12
Hi,

I agree with Gabs. I am a GNU/Linux user (Ubuntu) with no MS Windows nor Mac computer at hand and I also wish DJI will develop support for the Linux platform.

Good news. I realised that I was using a charging only cable, when I switched it to another cable, I was able to recognise the DJI Osmo as a Linux device. I was then able to mount it, and could read the files including separate sound files for slow motion video (haven't tried reconstructing that yet and playing then in real time).

Try that out Pierre, should work. I'm running on Debian.
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules