short range of 589 meters
1036 9 2020-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Racerman17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1690984 ft
United States

hi I got a problem here with my phantom3 standard an only seeing 589 meters an I have the distance limit disabled in the go app what could I do to increase distance if possible
2020-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Racerman17. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Phantom 3 Standard to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-2-3
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

In what area didi you fly your P3S ? Rural or urban?
2020-2-8
Use props
Racerman17
lvl.3
United States

urban area I don’t have a range extender so I’m just useing stock controller but thats about the distance I’m getting like to go further been flying above 400ft too
2020-2-8
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You may have many sources of disturbances in urban areas as WIFI and other wireless devices  uses 2.4 and 5.8 GHz too as your P3S uses. You may got many interferences to boarder the reach of the bird as well.
2020-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you want to test the limits of your drone vs. the max distance listed in the specs, you have to give your drone a fair chance which is to say you have to be in an ideal environment and you have to know how to aim your antennas.  If you insist on flying in the city, there are some things you could do which might help.  You could try attaching a windsurfer to your controller which might make things better or worse depending on direction (it would help block interference from behind you but would magnify interference from in front of you).  You could also install a circular polarity antenna on pilot and air side which might help with interference since most if not all wifi is linear polarity.  Good luck.
2020-2-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's about all you're gonna get with stock antenna on the P3S in an urban area.  Take a look at some range extenders.  Itelite is a good one.
2020-2-9
Use props
Racerman17
lvl.3
United States

Yea I may try to make a homemade extender that might work too like out of aluminum foil an a plastic can
2020-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yeah well, I think it's a little bit more complex than that, although I remember people used to have some luck with Pringles cans back in the day.

Here's a proven DIY (c) 2002-2020:  http://freeantennas.com/

Of course, this won't do anything to help your FPV.  

The ITELITE mentioned above would enhance both signals.  That's the way I would go.  I've actually got ITELITEs on all my controllers.

Good luck
2020-2-9
Use props
Racerman17
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-9 12:07
Yeah well, I think it's a little bit more complex than that, although I remember people used to have some luck with Pringles cans back in the day.

Here's a proven DIY (c) 2002-2020:  http://freeantennas.com/

Yea i might try that but i can try my remedy first i guess an see an then if that doesn't help ill go to your websit that you was suggesting
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules