o(^-^)o
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

Hi there
How are you? I hope everything great

I wanted to share my latest work
The place is called Shen'ao Elephant Trunk Rock 深澳岬角 象鼻岩景, the place is located in the northern coast of Taiwan, more exactly in Ruifang District of New Tiapei City.
I used the Mavic Mini to film it, i hope you like the video, and if want to keep following my work, you are welcome to subscribe to my chanel and ring the bell

Thanks for your support and wish you a wonderful day

2020-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done,  good to see you didn't have any issues with wind.
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 01:18
Nicely done,  good to see you didn't have any issues with wind.

Thanks

Lost signal couple of times, the advantage was that the drone was in open air and quite high, so i just pull the drone to me in sport mode knowing it wont hit anything on the way back, so i can get the signal again asap.
Also like 3-4 times the wind was very strong  and made the drone move quite strong, the recording on those movements looked very bad of course, and those scenes were delete it hehe. Not shown in the video. The software of the app is very usefull on letting you know if the drone is receiving strong wind and when it backs to normal, so in that case just need to move the drone around until you get out of the wave and continue filming without problem.

And i flew the drone with full battery and when it was 35% i just start returning it and change the battery, this way im sure i can have enough battery life to use sport mode to return the drone in case of a super strong wind.

I had the bad experience once using the drone and it has 20% and suddenly strong winds came by, and had a lot of difficult to return the drone, hit a tree while landing in middle of a mangrove forest, the landing was forced by the software as it was already below 3% and lost signal for long period of time, at least i recognized the area where it landed and found the drone (the battery die so couldn't track the location).
2020-2-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2020-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Taiwan Posted at 2-3 01:51
Thanks

Lost signal couple of times, the advantage was that the drone was in open air and quite high, so i just pull the drone to me in sport mode knowing it wont hit anything on the way back, so i can get the signal again asap.

I like to land with at least 20% battery left as its bad for the batteries to be run down beyond that to regularly.
2020-2-3
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Wow. I've never seen "The man in the moon," characters in the stars or even shapes in the clouds, but that indeed is an elephant!

2020-2-3
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

"so i just pull the drone to me in sport mode knowing it wont hit anything on the way back, so i can get the signal again asap."

You, Sir have bags of confidence , or b@lls of steel!!
2020-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that was some awesome flying of the little Mini, especially with those winds.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 07:36
I like to land with at least 20% battery left as its bad for the batteries to be run down beyond that to regularly.

Good tip, thanks
So is better when is 20% to start landing the drone so the battery don't get damaged
And probably when is 30% start returning the drone to your side so you still have enough battery for the landing, in case the drone is over 1 or 2 km away form you, still have enough battery and don't drain it out
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

Thanks a lot
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

Tentoes Posted at 2-3 09:14
Wow. I've never seen "The man in the moon," characters in the stars or even shapes in the clouds, but that indeed is an elephant!

Hehe, yes, indeed, i was amazed when find out about this rock

There is other place in taiwan where there are a lot of rocks with shapes, but im waiting for the government to give me the permit to fly the drone  there, might take one month, as it is very bureaucratic.
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2-3 11:47
"so i just pull the drone to me in sport mode knowing it wont hit anything on the way back, so i can get the signal again asap."

You, Sir have bags of confidence , or b@lls of steel!!

Hehe
Better to try that and get the drone above land, than lose the drone on high sea, hehe

And i think and i feel that by the time you fly and play more and more with the drone, you get to know it better and know its capabilities, By many tries and errors you might know if you still able to recover the drone from a strong wind, lose signal, etc.
I still have lots to learn. And is interesting when you feel you are improving your flying and piloting skills
2020-2-3
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 12:35
Now that was some awesome flying of the little Mini, especially with those winds.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
Yes, the drone for its size and weight i think defends it self a little bit with these kind of winds,
Of course if have bigger and better drone (more expensive) might perform better on super strong winds,
But at this price point, i think is more than enough, specially as a drone for starters and beginners
And by while you are getting more experience flying the drone, you might know what kind of winds it will be ok, or will be to strong that you will definitely know you have to land it   
2020-2-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Taiwan Posted at 2-3 17:32
Thanks
Yes, the drone for its size and weight i think defends it self a little bit with these kind of winds,
Of course if have bigger and better drone (more expensive) might perform better on super strong winds,

You're welcome.  Have fantastic day.
2020-2-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2020-2-5
Use props
Drone Taiwan