2487 17 2020-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

Greetings,
Now I know that this topic was featured here, but that was in 2017. I have picked up my first drone Mavic Mini (though I flew 2 Pro  a couple of times before). I purchased mine on Lazada (which is like Amazin in SEA) it is said that through them its DJI selling drones. Well here are the issues:
1. Tried to enter serial to buy CARE REFRESH, no chance upon checkout highlights US as country for address with no options. This feels so unfare that there is absolutely no alternative. I do no mind paying for shipping to closer country like JP or HK for an example. Heck I do not even know where to repair one if I had to. Plus with all issues I hear now of drones dropping in sport mode or loosing connection and landing (which happened to me today) feel like an expensive beta test with no way to get a replacement if anything goes wrong.

2. This is different, drone (EU) version with 2km range limit. I have just noticed the sticker on a box. In the listing not a single mention of the model (it does list this number SKU 548448344_TH-993850752 ). I don't even know what to do, return it or not, if I even can, not sure. Unless DJI can flash a firmware that will allow for full range use in non EU countries. So far I have heard there is a limit even when outside of the EU.

Thank you.
2020-2-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Not really sure but I think the radio control is actually a different hardware device, so no FW update will increase the range, the limitation is established by the region you are flying in.
Hope you can get your issue sorted asap.
2020-2-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

The hardware is different, the CE version can’t be “turned up” significantly by software.
2020-2-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we're sorry to have issues with your DJI Care Refresh. I will formally ask and seek the attention of the designated team to further assist us in clarifying your DJI Care Refresh issues. Rest assured that we will also keep an eye on this. We appreciate your taking the time and effort reaching through this platform to shed light and point of clarifications.
2020-2-3
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2-3 14:46
Hi, we're sorry to have issues with your DJI Care Refresh. I will formally ask and seek the attention of the designated team to further assist us in clarifying your DJI Care Refresh issues. Rest assured that we will also keep an eye on this. We appreciate your taking the time and effort reaching through this platform to shed light and point of clarifications.

Can someone please clarify a few things for me?
1. Is there any way to change that? For example can I buy a remote control separately from ASIAN version of the drone so I am not limited to 2KM range?  I will go to Japan in less than 2 weeks I assume for a fee I cannot exchange it there for ASIAN version of the drone?  Will be a deal breaker on holidays. I do not live in EU.
2. The post above said "the limitation is established by the region you are flying in." How? I mean I have heard that EU version cannot adapt based on location unlike the others.

Thank you.
2020-2-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-3 19:00
1. Is there any way to change that? For example can I buy a remote control separately from ASIAN version of the drone so I am not limited to 2KM range?  I will go to Japan in less than 2 weeks I assume for a fee I cannot exchange it there for ASIAN version of the drone?  Will be a deal breaker on holidays. I do not live in EU.
2. The post above said "the limitation is established by the region you are flying in." How? I mean I have heard that EU version cannot adapt based on location unlike the others.

I would exchange the drone for a CE model or get a refund

Also in Japan the drone must weigh less than 200g to fly without permission.
You will need to get a japanese mavic mini battery which is lighter but also has 50% less flight duration

On the smaller battery you probably won't be able to get 4km anyway.

https://livejapan.com/en/in-toky ... n/article-a0003529/

2020-2-3
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

lannes Posted at 2-3 19:38
I would exchange the drone for a CE model or get a refund

Sorry I am getting confused, which version do I have? is it CE that is limited to 2 km or FCC?  Also if I were to buy in Japan but not fly it there, I still wont be able to purchase the one with regular battery right?
2020-2-3
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

Eh, i'm from malaysia, never check until after i bought the MM only to find out it's an Europe version with CE...
Range wise, instructions manual said its rated to 4km, but so far flying experience with mobile in airplane mode, managed to flew it to 1km and that's pretty plenty for a small drone, i think...
2020-2-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jim_H Posted at 2-3 21:30
Eh, i'm from malaysia, never check until after i bought the MM only to find out it's an Europe version with CE...
Range wise, instructions manual said its rated to 4km, but so far flying experience with mobile in airplane mode, managed to flew it to 1km and that's pretty plenty for a small drone, i think...

Realistically, you are never going to get 4 km range from a mini. Don't believe all you read.
2020-2-3
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 2-3 21:39
Realistically, you are never going to get 4 km range from a mini. Don't believe all you read.

I would, my friend who came to visit me from HK 2 weeks ago had Mavic Mini FCC version we went out in the middle of nowhere and managed to get to 5.1 km, crossed the lake. Me on the other hand struggling to fly 700 meters to the nearby pond from my garden.  I have to regain connection by putting my hands fully extended in the air, even without any buildings or trees in sight.
2020-2-3
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-3 22:31
I would, my friend who came to visit me from HK 2 weeks ago had Mavic Mini FCC version we went out in the middle of nowhere and managed to get to 5.1 km, crossed the lake. Me on the other hand struggling to fly 700 meters to the nearby pond from my garden.  I have to regain connection by putting my hands fully extended in the air, even without any buildings or trees in sight.

wow.. FCC version can do that?
well that answered my inner question how far can the CE version fly...

then, if i put my handphone into airplane mode after a while, it can fly abit further...
But then i think, in my personal opinion, the point of having a drone is not really about the how far you can fly isnt it?
more like how long it can stay on the air and record what i need..
2020-2-4
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

CHeck out Mavic Mini Range test on YouTube the guy pushed it on Hawaii 5.5 km and back on a single charge.
While I agree with you, I live in a place with many beautiful places that are easily accessible by drone but hard on foot. I would love to be able to fly 1 or 2 km film near waterfall or a cliff and then back without having to sit nearby and extend my arms just to make sure I don’t lose the signal
2020-2-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-3 20:30
Sorry I am getting confused, which version do I have? is it CE that is limited to 2 km or FCC?  Also if I were to buy in Japan but not fly it there, I still wont be able to purchase the one with regular battery right? [view_image]

You have the CE Version

Theoretically  a maximum 2km range using a channel in the 2.4ghz spectrum

You'll need to select  a 2.4ghz channel in  manual mode, it is one of the channels from 1-13, pick the one with the least interference.

I would only fly a 2.4ghz channel away from the suburbs and in the country where there is less interference from home wireless networks which mostly run on 2.4ghz

From the DJI website specs: (they have changed it down from 4km)

Model MR1SD25
2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)
2020-2-4
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

lannes Posted at 2-4 05:06
You have the CE Version

Theoretically  a maximum 2km range using a channel in the 2.4ghz spectrum
Thank you I am about to return the drone tomorrow, I found FCC version at an Apple store model checks out. I hope I won’t end up with 2 drones and spending loads of money. I will check their website too now. In Thailand 90% of all WiFi’s are running in 2.4 I would fly out and 200m I am loosing signal competly and that is in a village
2020-2-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-4 07:37
Thank you I am about to return the drone tomorrow, I found FCC version at an Apple store model checks out. I hope I won’t end up with 2 drones and spending loads of money. I will check their website too now. In Thailand 90% of all WiFi’s are running in 2.4 I would fly out and 200m I am loosing signal competly and that is in a village

You will need to do the FCC hack to get it to work in a CE country, otherwise you will be limited to 500m (5.8ghz limit in a CE country), the FCC AC only has 5.8ghz
2020-2-4
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

lannes Posted at 2-4 07:58
You will need to do the FCC hack to get it to work in a CE country, otherwise you will be limited to 500m (5.8ghz limit in a CE country), the FCC AC only has 5.8ghz
Can you clarify a bit, so the Eu version can do both 2.4 and 5 whereas fcc only can do 5 and can’t adjust or the other way around? Love my drone now, don’t want to go through the hassle if FCC only can do one .
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-3 19:00

Hi, apologies but different versions of remote controllers and aircraft cannot link to each other. If your Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions,can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. Please do not fly FCC aircraft in Japan. CE aircraft of other areas can fly in Japan, but the weight limit will be exceeded. Users need to apply for a flight permit beforehand. In Hong Kong, Macao, Malaysia, and Thailand, FCC is allowed. The reason the CE version of the Fly More Combo is sold in these areas is that the specifications of the charger inside the combo are consistent with chargers in CE areas. When the FCC version of the aircraft is used in the above-mentioned areas, FCC standards will be applied. When using the Mavic Mini in these areas, the maximum theoretical signal transmission distance of FCC aircraft can reach 4 km, and for CE aircraft the maximum theoretical signal transmission distance can reach 2 km.

I hope this helps and informed you well about your concern.
2020-2-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SuP3R1oR Posted at 2-4 08:02
Can you clarify a bit, so the Eu version can do both 2.4 and 5 whereas fcc only can do 5 and can’t adjust or the other way around? Love my drone now, don’t want to go through the hassle if FCC only can do one .

If you fly a FCC AC in a  CE country, the software will  revert to CE .
As the FCC model only has 5.8 ghz frequency, the range will be limited to 500m

If you trick the FCC AC to think you are in a FCC country using the FCC hack you will potential get up to 4km range on 5.8 ghz but this may be illegal in a CE country.

If you have the CE AC in a CE country you will have access to both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz , with 2.4ghz you will get up to 2km range and you will be able to use 5.8 ghz for urban areas with a lot of interference.

If you are not going to do the FCC hack, then the CE model is a better option, as you won’t be technically illegal in a CE country.
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules