PGYTech Landing Gear & The Mini Flymore Combo Case
2104 13 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I like my PGYTech landing gear.  Installed, it looks factory, folds up with the Mini's "arms"... but, in the configurtion, the drone no longer fix in the case.
So, as any one taken a moto tool to the case's innards?  
It looks like the removal of a bit of material an I'd be golden.  

Even one do this mod?  I prefer to follow instead of lead here!

I know, not the flymore case, but it illustrates the point.

THX!

2020-2-4
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Akirasho, I have the same case type for my MP1, why pay the earth, I took a scalpel to the insides when I fitted rc stick cover with no problems at all, go for it.
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Akirasho. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the PGYTech Landing Gear on there DJI Mavic Mini and what they did for it to be able to fit on the said case. Thank you.
2020-2-4
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Surgery.
20200208_105846s.jpg

Tight fix but workable.  Small wipes with Moto and scalpel.

Will seal edges with viscous CA to prevent fraying.
2020-2-8
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Just remove the front extension and the rest fits perfect no need to mess up the bag.
2020-2-8
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 2-8 16:12
[view_image]

Just remove the front extension and the rest fits perfect no need to mess up the bag.

I am too  lazy to remove the gear!!!!  I had surgery a few moths ago!  I guess I am messed up in side!!
2020-2-8
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

[view_image]

I think i will also just remove the front extensions when storing the Mini in the combo case. Bought a set of these about a month ago, have not installed them yet.
2020-2-8
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Traxx119 Posted at 2-8 17:50
I think i will also just remove the front extensions when storing the Mini in the combo case. Bought a set of these about a month ago, have not installed them yet.

yes the back legs can stay on no problem lil tight but will expand in no time.
2020-2-9
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Akirasho Posted at 2-8 17:17
I am too  lazy to remove the gear!!!!  I had surgery a few moths ago!  I guess I am messed up in side!!

All you have to do is slip the front legs off very simple, the back leg's can stay on. Hope you feel better.
2020-2-9
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Savage3006 Posted at 2-9 12:15
yes the back legs can stay on no problem lil tight but will expand in no time.

I'm going to install these extensions this week and try them out. Thanks for sharing!
2020-2-9
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

The front gear use a "friction" fit and the "Junior" engineer in me says that "Murphy" (and his law) demands "wear and tear" be a factor (many in 10 years, many 10 days).  So just sayin' (Yes, I get that snuggling the Mini in and out of the modified case will beg a visit from Murphy  too)!  Oh the Humanity!
2020-2-9
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60364 ft
Malaysia

Akirasho Posted at 2-8 17:17

When read the description before purchasing the pgytech, it mentioned about not needing to take them off at all, when it comes to storage. Yeah they did not mention which case !

I’d like to ask you, after your minor surgery, is it still a tight fit for the rear legs ?  If it is, then the surgery may not be satisfying !
2020-8-13
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60364 ft
Malaysia

[view_image]

Any chance of the rear legs being harmed ? Since its a tight fit and holds tension all the time ?
2020-8-13
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

SKyHigh05 Posted at 8-13 05:54
When read the description before purchasing the pgytech, it mentioned about not needing to take them off at all, when it comes to storage. Yeah they did not mention which case !

I’d like to ask you, after your minor surgery, is it still a tight fit for the rear legs ?  If it is, then the surgery may not be satisfying !

Not a tight fix.

Any chance of the rear legs being harmed ? Since its a tight fit and holds tension all the time ?

I only use the case for transport.  I store the Mini out.   I did this mod before we learned about "stress " on the props.  Longterm?  I don't know.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules