Learning to hand launch and land indoors
474 4 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Just a couple of things I found out when learning to hand launch and land indoors.

In general, it's best to keep the drone pointing towards the non spare finger end of your hand, i.e., baby and ring finger towards front end.  I did it the other direction and clipped my ring finger with the left rear prop.  The front props are higher than the rear ones, so you have more room for your fingers if you are a bit clumsy.

It hurt quite a bit, but no blood.  LOL.  Also, I tore one of the blade tips.  Some of the videos I've watched show people launching with spare fingers at the back, and I'm not aware of anybody mentioning this as a consideration.

When hand landing in low light, the sensors don't see your hand so the drone fights you as you grip it.  If you expect it to happen, it's not a big deal.

I wanted to learn how to do this because I have yet to fly outside due to our never ending Canadian snow, and I feel that a hand launch and land are mandatory under these conditions.

Cheers
2020-2-4
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I find it much easier to grab the drone's body with 3 fingers (thumb, index, middle) rather than holding my palm flat and land on it.  
2020-2-4
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Ice_2k Posted at 2-4 08:14
I find it much easier to grab the drone's body with 3 fingers (thumb, index, middle) rather than holding my palm flat and land on it.

Yes, that's what I'm describing, two fingers and a thumb.  I'm just describing which direction is a bit safer.
2020-2-4
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

ah, ok then
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day simplesimon. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us regarding on learning how to hand launch and land indoors. In addition I will also post a DJI Forum thread posted by SCoutts entitled Mavic Mini Hand Launch And Land ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline ). Thank you for your support and please stays safe always.
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules