Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Robomaster S1 PC APP (avira AV problem)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkllante
lvl.1
Philippines

Hello!

I am a middle school and high school robotics teacher. This semester I dove into the robomaster S1 for the advanced class with full support of our administration. I have been developing a curicullum for the program and have designed a robot arena for it. We are probably the first school in my country (Philippines) to adapt Robomaster S1. But in the last two weeks, I encountered major problems with the W10 PC app and the school's AV. This is probably between AVIRA and the DJI Robomaster App. The last update quaratined and deleted all of the apps in 5 computers saying that it is a virus. I have the app installed on my personal laptop and it works properly. Our I.T. department has been trying to fix it with no luck (like excluding from quarantine etc), so right now, all of the classes for it and all purchases (I had prepared to buy 7 more) have been halted, I had my kids work on something else until they resolve it.

We cannot just disable the AV because it is the school's "protection" and will probably breach insurance policies if a virus really gets in our system. I am not sure if this concerns DJI or just Avira but I thought i'd like to share it and see if other educators or users are experiencing the same thing. My students are very very excited about this program and I hope that this gets resolved ASAP as we have our first robotics exhibition in March!

Thanks!
2020-2-5
Use props
BGA
Captain
United States

It is not uncommon for anti-virus programs to have a way to add exceptions/exclusions to what it scans. The problem with the Robomaster App is a false alarm (might simply be because it is not a signed app).
2020-2-6
Use props
dkllante
lvl.1
Philippines

It has been included on the list but still the same. I tried to restore the PC to 1 month before and it worked. But It does not work for all computers. Unless there's really a virus in it hehe
2020-2-6
Use props
BGA
Captain
United States

dkllante Posted at 2-6 13:55
It has been included on the list but still the same. I tried to restore the PC to 1 month before and it worked. But It does not work for all computers. Unless there's really a virus in it hehe

Not impossible, but unlikely. Other options would be to use the mobile app. Phones should have no such issue.
2020-2-6
Use props
dkllante
lvl.1
Philippines

Yah, thanks! But it is a school, we have an Ev3 program with 10 kits, Almost 30 arduino robotics parts and kits, a computer lab with 12 PCs, and 6 laptops, a fab lab to build robots, (we build more advance robots in high school) We were very excited with the dji robots, but the it would not run on any of our system. I can't just tell the kids bring your ipad or mobile devices or tell the admin let's buy ipads, it doesn't work that way. Right now I will hold all purchase requests for dji stuff until we have found a way to solve it.
'\
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules