1302 17 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 batteries from Fly more bundle. About 15 months old. Charged regularly, every other week (or after flights). Latest firmware. Were idle (not used, just rechanged) since May 2019 till recently. They work and still fit (although not perfectly), but I'm worried.
Any known cure? Or need to bite the bullet and get new ones?
2020-2-6
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Never store LiPos fully charged. Bite the bullet...
2020-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Check with dji support first many have got batteries replaced
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the problem with your batteries. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to conduct a damage assessment with your batteries also to find out the reason for the problem. A corresponding resolution will be provided via email once we receive your batteries. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 08:44
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the problem with your batteries. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to conduct a damage assessment with your batteries also to find out the reason for the problem. A corresponding resolution will be provided via email once we receive your batteries. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you. Sent them an email.
2020-2-7
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Don't forget to discharge the batteries to 30% before shipping. Also make sure there is a sticker on the shipment that shows that the box contains Lipo batteries. Never ship fully charged Lipos, they are dangerous.
2020-2-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, hopefully this is not an occurring problem.
2020-2-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Storing charged Lipos time and time again for 15 months.....?    I am surprised they didn't puff before now.

The auto discharge is there to HELP.....Not be the standard.  Fly your batteries....and leave them between 30 and 50% for storing for weeks at a time.  They will last longer.

DO NOT CHARGE following a flight, then leave them to auto discharge......

Randy
2020-2-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2-7 14:36
Storing charged Lipos time and time again for 15 months.....?    I am surprised they didn't puff before now.

The auto discharge is there to HELP.....Not be the standard.  Fly your batteries....and leave them between 30 and 50% for storing for weeks at a time.  They will last longer.

Well, here is my problem with that suggestion.
I almost never know when my next flight would be. Sometimes I do, but not often. And when I need to fly, I normally have minutes, maybe half an hour to prep.  Which, unfortunately, dictates that I have to have my batteries ready at all times, as I won't have time to change them on demand.
So, yeah...
2020-2-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update: got email for DJI support stating that warranty is for 6 months, so I'm SOL. They also asked for additional information which I might provide.
Now the question is is whether I shall wait next for next Mavic, or just replace these...
2020-2-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darth,  I completely Understand
My 4Pro V2/V1 has 7 batteries.....I always have 1 or 2 fully charged, and my M2Pro has 6 batts....2 are always charged.....I cycle them.....and always have 2 charged and ready to go AND have charge capability to charge 3 batteries on the fly.....

Planning, cycling, being ready.....it is our responsibility, and WE need to know how our batteries will respond!!
Randy
2020-2-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2-7 20:13
Darth,  I completely Understand
My 4Pro V2/V1 has 7 batteries.....I always have 1 or 2 fully charged, and my M2Pro has 6 batts....2 are always charged.....I cycle them.....and always have 2 charged and ready to go AND have charge capability to charge 3 batteries on the fly.....

Thanks! I have the same thing going with my 8 dslr batteries. I guess I do need to be more careful with the next set.
2020-2-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can leave them fully charged, just plan on replacing them every year.
2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DarthSLR Posted at 2-7 09:47
Thank you. Sent them an email.

You're welcome!
2020-2-10
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

The real question, what is DJI doing to solve their battery bloating issue? Users continue to have battery problems.
2021-7-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

MRomine Posted at 7-22 17:40
The real question, what is DJI doing to solve their battery bloating issue? Users continue to have battery problems.

Hi, What is the manufacturing date on your battery. Going back in time here in the forum, this was a problem with batteries manufactured around 2018 and 2019 and then later I think DJI may have done some improvement, as this problem seams to have stopped in the last year or so.
You can check your batteries manufacturing date here by putting in the serial number:  http://tools.retroroms.info/
2021-7-23
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

kyalami Posted at 7-23 00:46
Hi, What is the manufacturing date on your battery. Going back in time here in the forum, this was a problem with batteries manufactured around 2018 and 2019 and then later I think DJI may have done some improvement, as this problem seams to have stopped in the last year or so.
You can check your batteries manufacturing date here by putting in the serial number:  http://tools.retroroms.info/

The one that came with the drone is 12/2018 the other two that came with the fly more kit are 03/2019.
2021-7-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

MRomine Posted at 7-23 03:50
The one that came with the drone is 12/2018 the other two that came with the fly more kit are 03/2019.

Yes, looking back here in the forum, these older dates seams unfortunately to be the one that had swelling problems if my memory serves me right. I have not seen any recent batteries yet that have this problems. So I therefore thought that DJI may have improved the batteries.
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules