Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active Track Trick - Very Promising!
9062 33 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hello Community!
Nothing crazy or hack needed here, is all there just using dronie and some tinkering, very usable results.
Like we all know, limitations makes you creative!

Not sure if this video has been posted here before, but since I come here everyday and didn't see it, I thought to post it.
The video is not mine, if somebody knows if this has been posted let me know and I will delete the post.
Hope you like it!

2020-2-6
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

I have seen an similar video, how to "abuse" quickshots for active track (AT for the poor man ;-) ). It works pretty good, especially if the motion of the object is slow enough. Dronie is most suitable for that, rocket rather doesn't work, helix and circle are half decent. Do you have tried this in practice ?
2020-2-6
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Very useful tips...
2020-2-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

jonny007 Posted at 2-6 11:40
I have seen an similar video, how to "abuse" quickshots for active track (AT for the poor man ;-) ). It works pretty good, especially if the motion of the object is slow enough. Dronie is most suitable for that, rocket rather doesn't work, helix and circle are half decent. Do you have tried this in practice ?

Unfortunately I haven´t, just found it today and waiting for next FW update.

Yeah I saw a video of a guy with a quad bike, but it was more erratic, trying with circle mainly.

The fact that the dronie goes up does a cinematic extra touch by revealing more scenery and sky... it goes erratic by the end but you can see how this could be used to add some cool shots.

I specially liked the front and back facing shots, just walking could generate interesting results sine the bike goes faster and "AT" may struggle more.

As soon as I can I will test and report
2020-2-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

That´s what I liked, it got me inspired instantly!
2020-2-6
Use props
Highking
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, there’s no substitute for thinking.
2020-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicely done very creative
2020-2-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Highking Posted at 2-6 12:26
Great job, there’s no substitute for thinking.

Those were my thoughts, glad somebody did those tests and the trial and error.
I like to do stuff manually and not really bothered with AT but when you are the subject and nobody can help, this is useful stuff.
2020-2-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-6 12:33
Nicely done very creative

I think so!
And useful for recording a subject rather than selfie style so you can pause the QuickShot if it goes wild.
It got too close to water in some shots.
2020-2-6
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a helpful video. Once the weather clears here, I will experiment with these ideas. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your flying.
2020-2-6
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Greetings to all, especially my countryman, we have many moons without speaking. It is difficult to do what this man has done. If you saw my video of the car, https://youtu.be/DJg5Zxxqonw here posted especially for this forum, try to follow up with the car in motion and at a low speed, the result was not entirely satisfactory. From what I perfectly understand the merit of the bicycle man. It is complicated to perform these tricks. I trust that we can carry out active follow-up correctly with Litchi the day he leaves for our Minis, because he has plenty of capacity.
2020-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome tip, thanks for making this to share with everyone.
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

djicheaha Posted at 2-6 12:40
This is a helpful video. Once the weather clears here, I will experiment with these ideas. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your flying.

You are welcome, I can´t wait to do the same!
2020-2-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Good Find Bro !!
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 2-6 12:51
Greetings to all, especially my countryman, we have many moons without speaking. It is difficult to do what this man has done. If you saw my video of the car, https://youtu.be/DJg5Zxxqonw here posted especially for this forum, try to follow up with the car in motion and at a low speed, the result was not entirely satisfactory. From what I perfectly understand the merit of the bicycle man. It is complicated to perform these tricks. I trust that we can carry out active follow-up correctly with Litchi the day he leaves for our Minis, because he has plenty of capacity.

Yeah man, April is around the corner, cannot wait for SDK!
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I believe that Quickshot (for moving object) could be the way to add AT to MM while it would be limited (time, distance, speed...) for safer use.
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 01:13
Awesome tip, thanks for making this to share with everyone.

Definitely an useful tip, glad it was of interest over here.
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Glad you like it!
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-7 01:48
I believe that Quickshot (for moving object) could be the way to add AT to MM while it would be limited (time, distance, speed...) for safer use.

I agree, I would love a way to "mark" limits so the mini doesn´t go over a certain point or distance.
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-7 01:56
I agree, I would love a way to "mark" limits so the mini doesn´t go over a certain point or distance.

I like this idea too. I'm afraid that unlimited AT won't be added by DJI, but it would be nice to make short shots of moving objects (technology should be onboard). Shots like in the bicycle video, but as author mentioned, these are made "by accident", as Quickshot is for still object at the moment. Now we can hope or maybe request a new Quickshot option...
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-7 02:37
I like this idea too. I'm afraid that unlimited AT won't be added by DJI, but it would be nice to make short shots of moving objects (technology should be onboard). Shots like in the bicycle video, but as author mentioned, these are made "by accident", as Quickshot is for still object at the moment. Now we can hope or maybe request a new Quickshot option...

Really hope so too, what worries me is that when the drone freaks out and fails to complete quickshot it does weird stuff like going up, down or even sideways quite fast, easy to crash unless you notice this and pause the quickshot.
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-7 03:15
Really hope so too, what worries me is that when the drone freaks out and fails to complete quickshot it does weird stuff like going up, down or even sideways quite fast, easy to crash unless you notice this and pause the quickshot.

It is my nightmare - unexpected, uncontrollable movement of drone. Not happened to me, but maybe only because of lack of opportunities to fly this windy winter (I tried QS only a few times), I'm afraid...
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-7 03:46
It is my nightmare - unexpected, uncontrollable movement of drone. Not happened to me, but maybe only because of lack of opportunities to fly this windy winter (I tried QS only a few times), I'm afraid...

Yeah not a huge fan of QS neither, not really interested in a selfie camera but this fake AT with dronie could be useful to record another person.
2020-2-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Works ok with a little practice (still practicing), really hope some basic AT is released in the future or Litchi add it
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-7 03:55
Works ok with a little practice (still practicing), really hope some basic AT is released in the future or Litchi add itMavic Mini Wild Camping

That is awesome!
The last shot is epic and is what it came to mind when I saw the video, walking probably much better than on a bike or car...
Thanks for sharing!
2020-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing, good tips.  Gent in video was definitely thinking outside the box to come up with that.
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 04:38
Nice find and thanks for sharing, good tips.  Gent in video was definitely thinking outside the box to come up with that.

You are welcome!
Definitely clever thinking!
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-7 03:54
Yeah not a huge fun of QS neither, not really interested in a selfie camera but this fake AT with dronie could be useful to record another person.

IMPOV these shots of moving (and tracked) objects can add different dynamics to sequence of shots, so good to have it in Mini, as I'm not perfect in stick control at the moment.
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-7 03:55
Works ok with a little practice (still practicing), really hope some basic AT is released in the future or Litchi add itMavic Mini Wild Camping

Very nice!
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-7 05:14
IMPOV these shots of moving (and tracked) objects can add different dynamics to sequence of shots, so good to have it in Mini, as I'm not perfect in stick control at the moment.

Yes sure is good to have them.
Control takes time but you will get there!
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-7 05:16
Yes sure is good to have them.
Control takes time but you will get there!

I hope so I'm familiar with stick control but gimbal camera and phone display control is new to me (been flying RC airplanes for ages), but many nice drone moves and shots can be learned on YT.
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-7 05:41
I hope so  I'm familiar with stick control but gimbal camera and phone display control is new to me (been flying RC airplanes for ages), but many nice drone moves and shots can be learned on YT.

I agree, without a spotter is hard to control camera movements while doing VLOS.
The best shots are combining several moves + gimbal and takes some control.
2020-2-7
Use props
flcusat
lvl.2
United States

Very Nice. Thanks.
2020-5-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

flcusat Posted at 5-8 07:41
Very Nice. Thanks.

Im glad is helpful, this actually works quite great, I have done it myself a few times, but the only footage I have it actually was in a bird protected area, so I cannot post it, but it works.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules