Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prores Key
1274 12 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mactormod0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi
yes DJI strikes again,sent my inspire 2 for service in germany, got it back its far more stable with the new software.
but no Prores and i can not find any way of reinstalling, need this for big cinema job so ASAP please
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will be sending you a PM kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!
2020-2-6
Use props
mactormod0
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let this be a warning to all inspire owners, first when the inspire came back from service the software has been updated to a software that you can not find on any of dji sites,
before it went of for a service the inspire was drifting, you could not hold a steady shot at slow speed which a lot of you guys have the same problem.
when i got the inspire back, did a test flight wow what a difference this thing does not move in the air unless you ask it to, so plus point for dji except ,have dji been sitting on
this update ?. now the bad news, i have a prores licences ,when the inspire came back from germany my prores had gone, i have spent the last week trying to get it back.
i have sent all the information to at least 5 different people ,even the online chat ended with sorry can not help have a good day, SO BE WARNED .
also the question i ask is , is this theft the key was mine and they stole it..................
2020-2-8
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Can you share more information about this New firmware?   Can you post a screen shot and show the version?

Also, video of your inspire 2 hovering and not moving would be great!

Thank You!
2020-2-9
Use props
mactormod0
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi
on assistant 2 it says V01.02.0400
cheers
2020-2-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mactormod0 Posted at 2-10 01:00
hi
cheers

That's the factory version of distributable 01.02.0300, virtually identical in features but addressing minor hardware changes. Usually the issue of poor hovering/flight stability requires flight controller board replacement. Perhaps even the entire drone is replaced. As per licence issue ... be persistent, it must be solved, no doubt.
2020-2-10
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

mactormod0 Posted at 2-10 01:00
hi
cheers

Thank You for the reply.  Is your inspire now stable while hovering?

Stable as in, no movement left or right, or up and down.   If Yes, I would like to see a video of your inspire hovering -  The majority of the inspire 2 pilots here has the instability problem.

Your input and your reply is important so we can see the difference.

Again - Thank You in advance!
2020-2-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 2-11 07:28
Thank You for the reply.  Is your inspire now stable while hovering?

Stable as in, no movement left or right, or up and down.   If Yes, I would like to see a video of your inspire hovering -  The majority of the inspire 2 pilots here has the instability problem.

Although (for whatever reason) Inspire 2 by default will never be as stable in hover as - say - Mavic 2, the issue is not really notorious. It's just that some pilots received a specimen persistently refusing to hold hovering position rock steady, and they complain here. Unfortunately the problem is not fixable by firmware upgrade, as it is related to hardware limitations or plain fault. The only way to avoid this annoyance is to test Inspire 2 for hovering stability and return misbehaving unit ASAP or send for fix. Many pilots are happy with reasonable stable Inspire 2, many others are reporting improvement after replacement of faulty component(s) ...
2020-2-11
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-11 13:53
Although (for whatever reason) Inspire 2 by default will never be as stable in hover as - say - Mavic 2, the issue is not really notorious. It's just that some pilots received a specimen persistently refusing to hold hovering position rock steady, and they complain here. Unfortunately the problem is not fixable by firmware upgrade, as it is related to hardware limitations or plain fault. The only way to avoid this annoyance is to test Inspire 2 for hovering stability and return misbehaving unit ASAP or send for fix. Many pilots are happy with reasonable stable Inspire 2, many others are reporting improvement after replacement of faulty component(s) ...

Thank You for the informative response.  I'm hoping that DJI is still working on and further developing the Inspire 2 platform for improvement and getting to the bottom of this hover instability.

My question is, how hard is it for DJI to go back to the initial firmware (when it was stable) and combine that code (algorithm) with the latest .300 firmware to have the best of both worlds.   

Im optimistic that they will have one more firmware before they move on to Inspire 3.

2020-2-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 2-12 06:41
Thank You for the informative response.  I'm hoping that DJI is still working on and further developing the Inspire 2 platform for improvement and getting to the bottom of this hover instability.

My question is, how hard is it for DJI to go back to the initial firmware (when it was stable) and combine that code (algorithm) with the latest .300 firmware to have the best of both worlds.   

Once again, I firmly believe it is NOT firmware related issue since not all Inspire 2 specimens are affected by unstable hovering. I have two units (both on .0300 FW) holding position acceptably well, firmware version regardless. It is the luck of a draw to get really "drunken" Inspire 2. Don't ask me why, because I don't know what design or manufacturing fault is responsible for that, but it's relatively rare Inspire's birth defect.
They would address this annoyance long ago, if they could. Apparently only FC board replacement may - or may not - solve it.
2020-2-12
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-12 11:30
Once again, I firmly believe it is NOT firmware related issue since not all Inspire 2 specimens are affected by unstable hovering. I have two units (both on .0300 FW) holding position acceptably well, firmware version regardless. It is the luck of a draw to get really "drunken" Inspire 2. Don't ask me why, because I don't know what design or manufacturing fault is responsible for that, but it's relatively rare Inspire's birth defect.
They would address this annoyance long ago, if they could. Apparently only FC board replacement may - or may not - solve it.

Thanks!  
2020-2-12
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hey did DJI help you with the proress problem i have the same after a DJI care refresh, my new unit came without the license.
2020-3-17
Use props
mactormod0
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi mafia16
i emailed every email i could find for dji, i got a response and answer from the service centre in germany after a week.
2020-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules