2100 10 2020-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Bit of an odd one this. Has anyone ever experienced an issue with both Photo's and Videos taken on the Mavic Air being 'grainy'? Mine was a refurbed unit so i didnt know if its an issue with the image sensor which wasnt rectified or if it is a standard issue when shooting in low/artificial light?

I dont have any examples unfortunately as i have just noticed whilst flying around, i took a short video and the capture seemed to have the same issue - but in my fit of annoyance i deleted the videos and photos which i had.

Thans for any replies

2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know are you flying the drone in a well lit location? Please try to reset the camera settings. Please try flying the drone in a different well lit location and please provide a short sample video and photo from the SD card to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2020-2-7
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-7 08:36
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know are you flying the drone in a well lit location? Please try to reset the camera settings. Please try flying the drone in a different well lit location and please provide a short sample video and photo from the SD card to isolate the issue. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. I will try and get a video next time i get a chance to fly (high wind here at the moment).

The video i took before was at dusk, so maybe the drone doesnt like to be flown early morning with low light - but i have seen many other Mavic Air videos in low light conditions and they are still good quality 4K recordings.
2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

oxid8ter Posted at 2-7 08:44
Thanks for your reply. I will try and get a video next time i get a chance to fly (high wind here at the moment).

The video i took before was at dusk, so maybe the drone doesnt like to be flown early morning with low light - but i have seen many other Mavic Air videos in low light conditions and they are still good quality 4K recordings.

You are more than welcome. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-7
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So this is an image I took this morning. In a smaller image (like a large thumbnail) it seems fine - but then when you open the image or view it on a larger screen it seems really grainy.

2020-2-8
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, these look ok but are taken in low/poor light conditions where it will emphasize the grainyness -
Also dont use in AUTO image mode especially in low light as it will only crank up the ISO and make it even worse - try to stay in MANUAL mode and 100 ISO for the best quality

Simon
www.aerial-image.co.uk

2020-2-8
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image.co.uk Posted at 2-8 01:21
Hi, these look ok but are taken in low/poor light conditions where it will emphasize the grainyness -
Also dont use in AUTO image mode especially in low light as it will only crank up the ISO and make it even worse - try to stay in MANUAL mode and 100 ISO for the best quality

Thanks Simon, I did think that was the likely cause. I guess being so small the image sensor in the camera has limited capability.

It was more just a case of wanting to make sure that was definitely the case as it was a refurbed unit. I generally go out fairly early as people can be a bit funny about drones - hopefully as the sun rises earlier this issue will go away.
2020-2-8
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the Mavic Air quite a lot commercially its a great camera for its size - used with the right conditions settings and post-processing. Enjoy!
2020-2-8
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image.co.uk Posted at 2-8 01:56
I use the Mavic Air quite a lot commercially its a great camera for its size - used with the right conditions settings and post-processing. Enjoy!

I’m just a hobbyist really and I was a bit thrown when the imagery was a bit pants... but in reality the iPhones and Galaxy have always had the same issue!

I think the word “refurbished” just made me paranoid!

I look forward to some better use
2020-2-8
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi, I'm also a victim of grainy photos and videos, There are ways to make your grainy photos look better such as photo editing software, plugins or third-party photo repair tools.

Read the source for One of the most preferred, time saving and better procedure to fix grainy photos.

Source: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-grainy-photo/
2020-2-14
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for this information Jason, I will definitely have a look. As stated previously in the thread, a lot of my flights are early morning to avoid too much pedestrian traffic preventing my flight - so this might be a good resolution to look into.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules