Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
55mph wind gust, Spark is a Beast! Spark > Mini
1006 7 2020-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Spark was full-sketch the first few seconds of take-off but it learns, I lowered the throttle in the beginning so it was my fault not the drone.  I wonder why the drones get more stable but it's true.  The drone has AI.  When I had the Inspire 1 Pro, the longer it hovered for the more stable it was.

It was so damn steady w/ remove to move.  I hear about people having problems with 25mph winds but there was 55mph gust and it didn't matter once it learned to tighten up the PIDs.

I was switching between normal OA-off, and sport, and normal OA-on/off, mostly sport.  I was going to do one flight but it was too much fun.  Flying into 29mph winds (it said 29mph in my area when I took off on weather.com) like it doesn't even exist!! So proud of this drone

4K30 video

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/MK9ZIDHLHV2PH21C2SQ4/
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Z9O7W2WTUKHXVRGKGH5B/
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9NWD6G4Z4YP345OPQVDH/

If you want a fun drone find a Spark that is new or just custom make a betaflight quad.  I was flying in 3rd person this whole flight.

I can't believe people are having problems w/ their Mini in high-winds.  When you use the Spark in high-winds you don't even know the winds are even high enough to matter.

Like in this video:

If only they put the Mini components into the Spark design, I don't think people would even bother getting an M2.

2020-2-7
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

That was epic!  Had me glued to the video the whole time!  Were you in fear of loosing it?  
2020-2-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 2-7 21:17
That was epic!  Had me glued to the video the whole time!  Were you in fear of loosing it?

My video or the windmill one?  The windmill one isn't mine.

I wasn't in fear because I had nearly the same amount of winds at the beach when I first got it.

Opticalflow and other things ruined it.  I was a super novice at this stuff as it was my first time.  Went M2Z after.
2020-2-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the thrill ride
2020-2-10
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

I advise you not to use it in the wind if you think it can hold the wind well! Known bug with Spark, compass bug and it could happen that it automatically goes into ATTI mode and the wind blows out so far out of range that you'll never see it again ...
2020-2-11
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2-11 00:13
I advise you not to use it in the wind if you think it can hold the wind well! Known bug with Spark, compass bug and it could happen that it automatically goes into ATTI mode and the wind blows out so far out of range that you'll never see it again ...

The Spark has high-performance motors.
2020-2-11
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great and exciting video, thanks for sharing it.
2020-2-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool video
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now