Pixel 3 not caching videos
1161 10 2020-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartyMcFlying
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi. I have a Google Pixel 3 and a Mavic Air.
Everything is up to date, both controller and drone.
I've configured the camera settings properly to use up to 7GB for cache storage that auto-renews (deleting older videos). I currently have 60GB free on my phone.

In spite of all that, after shooting videos they just don't show up in my phone, it seems as if live-view cache storage is not working at all for this phone.

If I switch from 4K video to 1080p it's exactly the same behavior BUT I can import those videos from the dron after shooting (which can't be done in 4K and that's OK).

Does anybody else have this problem? Is this a known issue?

Thanks.
2020-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MartyMcFlying. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, upon checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you.
2020-2-10
Use props
MartyMcFlying
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 09:01
Hello and good day MartyMcFlying. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, upon checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you.

Hi Stephen.

Yes, I have tried it using a Huawei tablet and it works 100%.

The problem is that I won't be carrying the tablet arround to use the drone, and also the tablet does not have Whatsapp access (which is the platform I would use to share the cached videos)... so, I really need the Mavic Air to work properly on the Google Pixel 3.

I know it would be very difficult to give me an estimate on when the devs are going to support that phone, but can you at least tell me if it's on their plan for the future?

Thanks.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MartyMcFlying Posted at 2-10 09:37
Hi Stephen.

Yes, I have tried it using a Huawei tablet and it works 100%.

You are very much welcome MartyMcFlying. As of the moment I do not have the exact list of devices that are currently being tested right now. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are testing multiple mobile devices to be added in the near future on the said recommended mobile device list. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2020-2-11
Use props
MartyMcFlying
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-11 08:40
You are very much welcome MartyMcFlying. As of the moment I do not have the exact list of devices that are currently being tested right now. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are testing multiple mobile devices to be added in the near future on the said recommended mobile device list. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

There should be such a list... so that we actually know what to do. Google Pixel 4 is already being sold, so let's just say that Google Pixel 3 is not that new...
2020-2-11
Use props
fansadb00b6c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3366 ft
Germany

Hallo,

Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem. Ich habe ein Pixel 4 und eine mavic Zoom und es wird kein Video zwischengespeichert auf dem Telefon, egal was ich mache. Das nervt extrem...
2020-3-8
Use props
MartyMcFlying
lvl.1

Argentina

Yes, extremely annoying... And a Google Pixel is definitely an important phone... It's Google!
2020-3-12
Use props
pankajmt
New

Australia

Indeed. Not being able to record audio alongside video cache. On Google device, which is stock Android. Please help with a fix ASAP.
2020-3-13
Use props
djiuser_E72HWoGERsMH
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem - videos are not getting cached on my Pixel 3. Are there plans to fix it? Is there a timeframe when the fix?
2020-5-20
Use props
Dorsoduro123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4800 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with my pixel 3 and also my pixel 4
2020-6-16
Use props
Prime Time8
New

United States

I have the same issue. Won't cache to my pixel 3. Infuriating that a flagship phone isn't compatible.
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules