Osmo mobile 3 unable to activate
3472 14 2020-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonte2907
lvl.1

Finland

Hi!
I recently bought an Osmo mobile 3 for my daughter, but I'm having a problem connecting it to her phone. When I try to connect it with bluetooth, it connects for a few seconds and then a message saying 'Unable to activate device. Contact DJI Support for assistance.'
I've tried the thing where you're supposed to press the record button, trigger and the M button, and that works but it has the same problem with connecting again.

Specs:
Iphone Xs running 13.3.1
Mimo version 1.2.17

Could someone help me, please?
IMG-20200209-WA0000 (1).jpg
2020-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi jonte2907, sorry to know that you are experiencing trouble activating the unit. Please also help to check if the Osmo Mobile 3 is updated to the latest firmware, make sure that the app has internet access. If the issue persists, please provide us with the firmware info and the serial number for me to check further about it.
2020-2-9
Use props
jonte2907
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 2-9 18:41
Hi jonte2907, sorry to know that you are experiencing trouble activating the unit. Please also help to check if the Osmo Mobile 3 is updated to the latest firmware, make sure that the app has internet access. If the issue persists, please provide us with the firmware info and the serial number for me to check further about it.

Thank you for your quick response!

I'll have her check for the serial number.
Firmware should be up to date. But, to be sure, where can I see which firmware I'm using?
I'll get back to you soon with the info!

Best regards
Jonte
2020-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jonte2907 Posted at 2-9 23:19
Thank you for your quick response!

I'll have her check for the serial number.

Please tap the three dots in the lower left as you can see it in the screenshot to check the version info. And if the new firmware available, when the internet is connected, there will also be a message popped up on the app.
2020-2-10
Use props
jonte2907
lvl.1

Finland

Serial number:
354DGCH000D2KJ
OM3-00D2KJ

Firmware: can´t get to the screen with the three dots

2020-2-10
Use props
jonte2907
lvl.1

Finland

Have you still found any solution?
2020-2-12
Use props
jonte2907
lvl.1

Finland

Very sad to inform you that I will now return the device to the store. This because lack of support from you. Can't be that hard to answer. I also tried to call your support number, but it was obviously down.
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jonte2907 Posted at 2-13 07:38
Very sad to inform you that I will now return the device to the store. This because lack of support from you. Can't be that hard to answer. I also tried to call your support number, but it was obviously down.

We are so sorry for the late response, your issue has been reported to our engineers for further analysis, but if you have already returned the device, hope you will get a replacement or the refund. If there is anything else we can help you, please feel free to let us know.
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_XuY9MP8CYuIR
New

India

Hi Team,

I have osmo mob 3 device not working " unable to activate device, contact to DJI support for assistance" this is worst device ubale to connect waste of money
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_XuY9MP8CYuIR Posted at 8-31 12:57
Hi Team,

I have osmo mob 3 device not working " unable to activate device, contact to DJI support for assistance" this is worst device ubale to connect waste of money

Sorry to read about the issue. Could you please provide the screenshot of the error message and the serial number of the device for us to check it further? We look forward to your reply.
2022-8-31
Use props
seven_0804
New

Philippines

having the same problem i tried every tutorial in video in yt and resetting network in my iphone xr and just saying " unable to activate device, contact to DJI support for assistance" please reply asap
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

seven_0804 Posted at 9-4 23:40
having the same problem i tried every tutorial in video in yt and resetting network in my iphone xr and just saying " unable to activate device, contact to DJI support for assistance" please reply asap

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask is there any error code? Please provide us with the serial number for further check.
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_fpXv5xMiZi6a
New
Flight distance : 94665 ft
Malaysia

Hi ihave problem to activate too om3 pls assisst
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_fpXv5xMiZi6a
New
Flight distance : 94665 ft
Malaysia

2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_fpXv5xMiZi6a Posted at 7-8 20:17

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? Is there any error code? Please make sure the DJI Mimo is the latest version. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules