Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
⚠️ Disable DJI Fly App "Autosync" NOW.
12Next >
8799 51 2020-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

If you want to protect your MM's warranty please disable the autosync setting in the DJI Fly App.

I have read a lot of posts in here about crashes and because the people involved have the autosync setting set to auto the .DAT flight log file is deleted from their device once it has synced with DJI's servers.

Once this has happened there is no way the customer has of accesing the data this very important file holds.

If you have disabled this setting then you can upload it to an online storage and then share the link in this forum so other forum users can find out what really was going on.

Without the file you have not got a leg to stand on because you have no evidence yourself, and you have to take DJI's word for what happened.

2020-2-9
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interesting, I turned mine off.
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting indeed.
2020-2-9
Use props
JeremyFr79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141637 ft
United States

Funny I have autosync on and I was definitely able to pull logs after it synced with no issues on my android phone......
2020-2-9
Use props
emjhay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50036 ft
Philippines

I have mine auto and upon looking into the FlightRecord folder it is complete including sync from other mobile phone that has the DJI Fly app. I have no problems with mine.
2020-2-9
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
Flight distance : 4622992 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In which path should I find the .DAT file?

EDIT: Do you mean this?
\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords\*.DAT

2020-2-10
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It is good to save DAT flight logs, I already disabled autosync. When I synced my first flights only txt logs left in my Android phone.
Debugger: Yes
2020-2-10
Use props
Durlano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90453 ft
North Macedonia

Debugger Posted at 2-10 00:56
In which path should I find the .DAT file?

EDIT: Do you mean this?

is your phone rooted?
2020-2-10
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Durlano Posted at 2-10 01:58
is your phone rooted?

No, it's not rooted. Should it be?
2020-2-10
Use props
Durlano
Second Officer
North Macedonia

Debugger Posted at 2-10 02:02
No, it's not rooted. Should it be?

i ment for this path (MCDatFlightRecords folder)
i can't see it on my phone because it is not rooted
2020-2-10
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Durlano Posted at 2-10 02:09

i ment for this path (MCDatFlightRecords folder)

I can see it normally when I connect it to my PC. (HUAWEI P20 Lite)
2020-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should still have log on your phone, are you saying that dji are likely to forge or throw away your log for the manufacturing price of a mini ?

I think if they were up to those tricks and a disgruntled employee got wind of this, the company would be ruined, for the sake of a couple of hundreds bucks, not sure causing hysteria is the right thing here. And why would dji not apply same action to go4 or do they.

Yes if log is important to you then ask the question, but “You haven’t a leg to stand on” that’s a bit on the hysterical side.

Your implying there is something dodgy going on here, so maybe let us know what dirt you really have .
2020-2-10
Use props
Durlano
Second Officer
North Macedonia

Debugger Posted at 2-10 02:17
I can see it normally when I connect it to my PC. (HUAWEI P20 Lite)

well cant see on the pc either...nevermind
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JeremyFr79 Posted at 2-9 19:21
Funny I have autosync on and I was definitely able to pull logs after it synced with no issues on my android phone......

I'm talking about the .DAT files found in MCDatFlightRecords folder, not the .txt flight records.
2020-2-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have read a lot of posts in here about crashes and because the people  involved have the autosync setting set to auto the .DAT flight log file  is deleted from their device once it has synced with DJI's servers
I've read lots of bogus posts on this forum.
Have you tested to confirm this is accurate or are you just spreading a rumour?

Once this has happened there is no way the customer has of accesing the data this very important file holds.
Excuse my skepticism, but your alarmist tale just doesn't hold water.

If you have disabled this setting then you can upload it to an online storage and then share the link in this forum so other forum users can find out what really was going on.
Uh-huh ... can you point out any examples of someone unencrypting the .dat file fro a Mini and reading the flight data?

Without the file you have not got a leg to stand on because you have no evidence yourself, and you have to take DJI's word for what happened.
But even if the .dat file is lost, you still have the .txt file which you can share to investigate a flight incident.
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

emjhay Posted at 2-9 19:28
I have mine auto and upon looking into the FlightRecord folder it is complete including sync from other mobile phone that has the DJI Fly app. I have no problems with mine.

I'm talking about the .DAT files in the MCDatFlightRecords folder not the .txt logs.
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 03:16
You should still have log on your phone, are you saying that dji are likely to forge or throw away your log for the manufacturing price of a mini ?

I think if they were up to those tricks and a disgruntled employee got wind of this, the company would be ruined, for the sake of a couple of hundreds bucks, not sure causing hysteria is the right thing here. And why would dji not apply same action to go4 or do they.

I'm not saying there is anything underhand going on more that there is a potential problem.

DJI have lately been hit by employee fraud https://www.engadget.com/2019/01 ... XXyaZ8sd12p9phgMfKk

It's also odd that the .DAT log in the drone is encrypted so only DJI can read it.   
2020-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s over a year ago, and as long as I’ve been here I’ve not seen any funny business going on, just thought, “you haven’t a leg to stand on” was a bit over the top.
I expect they don't want it falling into the hands of other companies or being tampered with. But I'm certain that no company would risk their good name over the price of a tiny drone .
2020-2-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-10 03:48
I'm talking about the .DAT files in the MCDatFlightRecords folder not the .txt logs.

That was quite clear and makes no difference to my comments.
Read them again to save me from typing them again.
2020-2-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have lately been hit by employee fraud
Why did you throw that in?
How is it relevant?

You haven't made any attempt to link it to your tale.

It's also odd that the .DAT log in the drone is encrypted so only DJI can read it.
If you know it's encrypted, why did you suggest you could get someone to analyse it?
What use would it be to the user at all?
That sort of torpedoes your conspiracy theory, doesn't it?

The .dat file for the Mavic 2 is also encrypted ... is that odd too?

It could be suggested that since it can be used to authenticate warranty claims, DJI want to ensure it isn't manipulated, perhaps?
When you want to spread a conspiracy theory, it's always a good idea to make sure it stands up to intelligent inquiry.
2020-2-10
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-10 03:55
I'm not saying there is anything underhand going on more that there is a potential problem.

Please excuse! Did I miss something?

The "DatCon" software converts exactly these DAT files into a readable data format, doesn't it?
I already used it for my flight data and was amazed that it contained more information ...

Now I'm a bit confused...

Frank
2020-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 2-10 08:36

The "DatCon" software converts exactly these DAT files into a readable data format, doesn't it?

You should be, because in your own thread you specifically mention uploading your log information to dji, then and it was after this that you produced log for others, what op is saying here is, that’s not possible, so yes very strange indeed or maybe all your information was garnered through txt file .
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What I have noticed is once the DJI Fly app has synced the flight logs to DJI the .DAT files in the MCDatFlightRecords folder are deleted.

These .DAT files hold a lot of information that is not available in the .txt flight logs.  
In another thread it looks like the OP had autosync enabled and therefore had no .DAT file which would of given a lot more info into his problem.

I wanted to see what the barometer and GPS where saying about the height, aswell as other things.

We won't be able to find out this reported problem of uncomanded ascent / decent without the .DAT.

2020-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Franky,

DAT file for a MM located on a mobile device is de-cryptable.
Never tried to decrypt a  MM DAT file stored in the MM itself.

cheers
JJB
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-10 09:24
Hi Franky,

DAT file for a MM located on a mobile device is de-cryptable.

I have googled about the MM located .DAT and it doesn't look like anyone has managed to decrypt it.
2020-2-10
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Franky,

DAT file for a MM located on a mobile device is de-cryptable.

Thank you for clarifying this to me newbee!

Frank
2020-2-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Franky,

DAT file for a MM located on a mobile device is de-cryptable.

Is there a dat file on the drone itself? I certainly cant find one. Is it hidden?
2020-2-10
Use props
Neoner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21896 ft
United Kingdom

Durlano Posted at 2-10 03:17
well cant see on the pc either...nevermind

That's because Huawei can see everything you do by design so the Chinese Government can control you.
2020-2-11
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 2-10 20:41
Is there a dat file on the drone itself? I certainly cant find one. Is it hidden?

No it's not hidden, you have to hook up the MM via USB to your computer and download it using the assistant2 software.

There is no point doing so because you can't read it, only DJI can read it.
2020-2-11
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Neoner Posted at 2-11 09:50
That's because Huawei can see everything you do by design so the Chinese Government can control you.

I know this is a little off topic but no one has found a direct link in the code directing information to the chinese government.

The problem is the code is very badly written and susceptible to hackers to exploit.

2020-2-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-11 18:19
No it's not hidden, you have to hook up the MM via USB to your computer and download it using the assistant2 software.

There is no point doing so because you can't read it, only DJI can read it.

What I meant by hidden is that it may be hidden to a Windows machine using windows explorer. I have two minis with two controllers and have flown both lately and do not have any autosync set. But I see no .dat files on the drones, only on the phone. As for the DJI Assistant, I have never gotten it to work for transferring files.

I have done a little work with decyphering closed data files before. I might give this a try if I can get the files. Do we know if there is more data there than in the .dat files on the phone/tablet?

2020-2-11
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 648133 ft
Malaysia

so?
should i autosync or dont autosync?
I'm using an iphone...
2020-2-11
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Yesterday, when I read this topic I tried to find and backup these .DAT files. I noticed that that there were files only from 2020-01-19 until yesterday. No the older files (from 2020-01-03 when I got the mini).
As far as now I used to sync my flights record always after my flights. I try to remember what I change that day (2010-01-19), and the only change I made was to turn on the subtitles in the fly app.

I check all my original video files from 2020-01-03 to 2020-01-18 in VLC player and no one has subtitles (and .DAT files). All my files from 2020-01-19 until now, they DO have subtitles AND the .DAT file.

I'll turn off the subtitles to my next flight to see if it will be crate a .DAT file or not.

Can anybody else do this check?
2020-2-12
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe the existance of the .DAT files has to do with if the subtitles in the fly app is ON or OFF and not with the auto sync
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Neoner Posted at 2-11 09:50

That’s the kind of hysteria these threads cause, I would say the Chinese government have nothing better to do all day than watch your Mavic mini videos, sounds about right .
2020-2-12
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jim_H Posted at 2-11 22:20
so?
should i autosync or dont autosync?
I'm using an iphone...

Disable autosync.
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-11 18:23
I know this is a little off topic but no one has found a direct link in the code directing information to the chinese government.

The problem is the code is very badly written and susceptible to hackers to exploit.

What hackers have exploited it ? We know that almost 3 years ago dji was hacked but they then put in place some system to avoid further hacking.

So easy to say, do you know this for certain or did you just make it up ?
2020-2-12
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Debugger Posted at 2-12 00:04
Maybe the existance of the .DAT files has to do with if the subtitles in the fly app is ON or OFF and not with the auto sync

Can not confirm yet, but I believe I had subs on and only txt log left on android phone...
2020-2-12
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I turned auto sync off and I started seeing dat files stored in the folder. But then I turn on auto sync, the files are still here... Maybe if I wait another day.
2020-2-12
Use props
grahamjohnson10
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 2-11 19:03
What I meant by hidden is that it may be hidden to a Windows machine using windows explorer. I have two minis with two controllers and have flown both lately and do not have any autosync set. But I see no .dat files on the drones, only on the phone. As for the DJI Assistant, I have never gotten it to work for transferring files.

I have done a little work with decyphering closed data files before. I might give this a try if I can get the files. Do we know if there is more data there than in the .dat files on the phone/tablet?

Hi Gary here is a link to the DAT file from the MM, good luck I would love to hear you can open it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... NH/view?usp=sharing
2020-2-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules