Lightbridge and DJI 2.4G Transmitter
5325 19 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djbgolf
New

United States

I currently have a Phantom 2 with DJI 3-axis gimbal and GoPro 3.  I want to buy the DJI Lightbridge and use it for FPV and to see what I'm filming.  My question is since Lightbridge runs 2.4G and my DJI Transmitter is 2.4G, can I run the both together?  I want to use the DJI transmitter just to control the Quad and not run it though the Lightbridge interface.  I like the simplicity of the DJI controller and to continue to use it.  Thank for your help.
2014-11-17
Use props
DJI-祥天空
lvl.1

China

Hi djbgolf
You can use our newest version DJI controller to control the phantom, but also need to connect with our Lightbridge ground end through the training port. So that means the old remote controller 2.4Ghz without training port won’t be recommended.
Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
2014-11-18
Use props
djbgolf
New

United States

DJI-祥天空 Posted at 2014-11-18 20:16
Hi djbgolf
You can use our newest version DJI controller to control the phantom, but also need to co ...

Thant's what I thought.   Do I need to install a 5.8G receiver in the Phantom to link with the new transmitter, our just operate the remote through Lightbridge without adding the 5,8G receiver?
2014-11-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just operate the Lightbridge via the trainer port, no need to replace internal rx.
2014-11-18
Use props
djbgolf
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-19 07:55
Just operate the Lightbridge via the trainer port, no need to replace internal rx.

I had to buy a new transmitter because my version did not have a training port.  New version is 5.8G with lipo batt.  Didn't want to spend then money, but the newer transmitter is nicer with the gambal control dial.  Lightbridge just came today and looking forward to putting it on my Phantom 2
2014-11-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You will really like the new TX!!
2014-11-20
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

hmmm missing point i guess..
for sure you can use ur 2.4 ghz old tx WITHOUT passing through lb, in my opinion even better as lb promised a lot of distance but generally with 8/900 meter you start having tx and video problems.
i fly with futaba and futaba rx and use lb only as video downlink..
2014-11-21
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is incorrect and will cause major issues. You should not use ANY radio operating on 2.4 when using the lightbridge unless you disable rf.

Please do not tell users to risk their craft, this is very important!
2014-11-22
Use props
mellogrfx
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-22 22:47
This is incorrect and will cause major issues. You should not use ANY radio operating on 2.4 when us ...

Blade_Strike...question?  We are attempting to use a LightBridge for the pilot (fpv and RC control) and a 2.4 radio for the camera operator (zenmuse gimbal control) with a 5.8 for fpv.  We have a tablet attached to the LB via usb and the video is so badly scrambled it's useless.  Could the camera operators radio transmitter be causing  this?
We did use the hdmi port from LB and had no problems and super clear video. But now the hdmi port has since broke so this is why we are attempting to use the usb port.
Any Ideas?
thnx
2014-11-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes this could be causing your problem. It strongly discouraged to use a radio's 2.4 RF while operating a Lightbridge.
2014-11-28
Use props
mellogrfx
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-29 03:41
Yes this could be causing your problem. It strongly discouraged to use a radio's 2.4 RF while operat ...

I agree but my partner wonders why the other 2.4 radio did not interfere with the LB when we used the hdmi port?  Why now with the usb port and the tablet?
thnx for the quick reply too.
2014-11-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have no answer for that.. What tablet are you using? Maybe the tablet is too slow and or incompatible with LB.
2014-11-28
Use props
mellogrfx
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-29 05:53
I have no answer for that.. What tablet are you using? Maybe the tablet is too slow and or incompati ...

We have tried the iPad and a samsung android...both I think are  compatible.  Sorry for asking this question again but I really want to be clear...are you saying that if there is another radio using the 2.4 frequency running right next to the LB while it's running, the 2.4 radio could jam the LB signal?
thnx again
2014-11-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That has been my experience .. This is why DJI strongly advises against it.
2014-11-29
Use props
sandberg1976
New

Sweden

Blade_Strike... Could you give some helping words on the Lb installation and use? Im new on this and been using S900 with A2 and Futaba 14 for a while now... But it's like flying blind some time's. So plan was to get Lb and get a better view on what the craft "see".. So, to beging with i need to connect my Futaba with tha cable on the backside right? And on A2 i connect it by Can 1 right?
2014-11-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The lightbridge comes with everything you need to connect to the futaba. On the air end you will connect to canbus 1 and dbus out to a2 X2 port.

Make sure you calibrate first in the LB assistant. Then change rx type in the A2 Assistant and continue to map channels like you would normally do.
2014-11-29
Use props
christer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-29 21:38
That has been my experience .. This is why DJI strongly advises against it.

You should give Dji a call right away, cause they are about to ship out thousands of nee P3 with LB and 2.4 controllers...
2015-4-10
Use props
deesypoo
New

United Kingdom

christer@christ Posted at 2015-4-10 19:09
You should give Dji a call right away, cause they are about to ship out thousands of nee P3 with L ...

What connections do i need to make if i have a Phantom 2, Lightbridge, GoPro hero 3 (WITHOUT a Gimbal) and the 2.4ghz V2 controller?

At the moment I have it connected up as if i did have a Gimbal, and the 2.4ghz controller does not work with the phantom and i just get flashing yellow lights on the copter
2015-6-18
Use props
fansaecac832
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

deesypoo@hotmai Posted at 2015-6-18 10:27
What connections do i need to make if i have a Phantom 2, Lightbridge, GoPro hero 3 (WITHOUT a Gimbal) and the 2.4ghz V2 controller?

At the moment I have it connected up as if i did have a Gimbal, and the 2.4ghz controller does not work with the phantom and i just get flashing yellow lights on the copter

I'm setting up a 1/8 scale RC truck (an Arrma Nero) as a mobile camera for shooting mobile video. I have a Ronin-M mounted in upright mode carrying a Nikon D7200 DSLR. I want to connect the HDMI output from the Nikon to a Lightbridge 2 as well as an FPV camera to the video-in on the Lightbridge 2 so I can get a driver view and a DSLR camera view for shooting.

I have a couple of questions:

1) In other threads I've read that attempting to use the standard RC controller for the Arrma truck will interfere with the Lighebridge 2 video transmission. Ideally I'd like to control the throttle and steering on the truck via the Lightbridge 2 controller. The truck uses a Tactic326 SLT receiver, which I believe drives PWM throttle and steering controls. I think I just need an SBUS (DBUS?) to PWM converter that I ought to be able to use to to connect to the Lightbridge 2 vehicle-side ("air-side") DBUS output and then directly to the controls that I simply unplug from the existing Tactic receiver. Thee is some sort of channel mapping that I need to do in the DJI Go app that hopefully I can find instructions for on the DJI support site. I have found a FrSky 4-Channel S.BUS to PWM Decoder that seems like it ought to work and have also seen DJI recommend a RMILEC high-precision PWM/PPM/SBus Signal Converter V2, which seems to accommodate a lot more channels than I need. Do I have this basically right? Can I use either of the SBUS converters?

2) Since I plan to use the Lightbridge 2 controller for throttle and steering, it would be good to know what might happen if I lose control connectivity, or whether this can be configured on the Lightbridge 2 vehicle-side. In particular, do controls return to neutral under LOS? I'd hate to see a full-throttle runaway. I'm not under any illusion that I'd get anything fancy - like the return-to-home function you'd get in a helicopter drone with a flight controller like the A2.

3) Because I need to use the Ronin-M in upright mode the DSLR will be inverted. Is there a way to invert the video that displays on the DJI Go app so that it is right side up? Otherwise I will need to modify the Ronin-M camera mounting plate to physically flip the camera right side up. This seems like it ought to be a setting in the app, but I will go through the trouble to flip the camera if I need to (making a home-brew Ronin-MX of sorts). Also, if the DJI Go App can flip the HDMI video, does it flip the FPV video as well or is that controlled separately. It's easy enough to turn the FPV camera upside down if video is merged on the transmit side.

Thanks,

Andy
2017-3-3
Use props
MarcoSJ900
New

Colombia

Many thanks for your support,
I Am very newbie and I have a S900+ Z15GH4 with A2, and I want to buy a LightBridge2, but I have a question and I will appreciate your answer: with LB2 Would I control both, camera gimbal and the S900 flight with just one LB2 remote control? If yes how could be ? If not do I need a second pilot with another remote control to control the flight ?
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules