Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is my 360 degree obstacle avoidance??
2511 7 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dementia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86545 ft

United Kingdom

I love my Mavic but I have to say I feel a little cheated. It claims to have 360 degree obstacle avoidance but in reality it doesn't outside of Active Track and Tripod mode it seems. Normal flight is only front and back (in P mode).
Come on DJI, enable all the obstacle avoidance sensors all the time (even in sport mode) and then make it easy to disable them as needed (I can see sport mode being useful only having the front ones on for instance).

2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your valued insights. With regards to this matter. The obstacle avoidance is available on P mode as a safety feature during flight however depending on the user or the pilot. You can use the S mode on the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom which optimizes the aircraft's agility and speed making it to move more responsive on the remote controller stick inputs. In addition, I will forward this information/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for a great idea.
2020-2-11
Use props
Dementia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86545 ft

United Kingdom

I'd go further and request full control of all the obstacle sensors - top, bottom, front, back and lateral so us pilots can decide which of those (or none) sensors we want enabled at any time and be able to change them at any time even mid flight.

Further more, we should be able to set the warning and minimum distances for all the sensors (subject to the resolution of those sensors of course).
2020-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You don’t think dji are holding out on you, the thing is sensors won’t be able to cope with craft going in sport mode, and if they could they would need to start slowing up 50ft from obstacles in order to cope with Braking , sometime you need to look at something with common sense.

What your looking for might not be possible within the budget your paying for your drone, just take something like skydio best OA out there still has problems, but here’s the deal when you have so much OA, can’t fly at sunset sunrise or at night.
2020-2-11
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still have not brought myself to really trust obstacle avoidance.  Sometimes it does not see things, like chain link fences.   I have to agree with Hallmark007, OA in sport mode would be a stretch and the sunrise/sunset issue with OA alone is enough that  I don't even fly with any of it enabled.  
2020-2-11
Use props
Dioden
Second Officer
Sweden

maihem.rc Posted at 2-11 05:45
I still have not brought myself to really trust obstacle avoidance.  Sometimes it does not see things, like chain link fences.   I have to agree with Hallmark007, OA in sport mode would be a stretch and the sunrise/sunset issue with OA alone is enough that  I don't even fly with any of it enabled.

Good for you, you should NOT trust the obstacle avoidance. They can’t see everything; they are not built for that. The one with the controller, he / she is the one that should see.  Sensors for this purpose can’t see small stuff, not yet.
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_9e62yMsERqrI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5709 ft
United States

Dementia Posted at 2-11 02:33
I'd go further and request full control of all the obstacle sensors - top, bottom, front, back and lateral so us pilots can decide which of those (or none) sensors we want enabled at any time and be able to change them at any time even mid flight.

Further more, we should be able to set the warning and minimum distances for all the sensors (subject to the resolution of those sensors of course).

totally agree this would be sweet to have these options on sensors.
2020-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules