DJI GO 4 and Galaxy S9 Android 10 update
2776 12 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicheleCaminati
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240266 ft
Italy

Hi everybody, how is it the actual compatibility with DJI Go 4 App and Android 10?
I've heard of many people running the App on Android 10 having troubles, and today my Galaxy S9 asks me if I want to update to Android 10 as well.

Now I fear of troubles after updating. I've got the latest version of DJI Go 4 App installed, and it has been working perfectly on my S9 (since I started connecting through the back USB port of the controller). Has anybody tried the update to Android 10 on the S9 or has any experience with DJI GO 4 on a device running Android 10?

Thanks for your help.

Michele.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We don't receive any incompatibility issues with regards to the Android 10 and DJI Go 4 application. We highly recommend only to update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest version to avoid any issues with your Android 10. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2020-2-10
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-10 09:10
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We don't receive any incompatibility issues with regards to the Android 10 and DJI Go 4 application. We highly recommend only to update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest version to avoid any issues with your Android 10. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!

Good to know, thank you very much!
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MicheleCaminati Posted at 2-11 01:11
Good to know, thank you very much!

You are always welcome!
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_5RG1gr3lGqA8
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 16:03
You are always welcome!

Hi Dji Gamora!

just had an update with phone last week...it previously run with Android 9 and my Dji go 4 app run smoothly in that version.. after the update i can't run my DJI GO 4, right after open it it immediately crashes. I've heard that there's an issue (after i update my phone) of running this app in android version 10.

Hope to hear from your end soon..

RealMe 5 Pro
Android Version 10
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_5RG1gr3lGqA8
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-10 09:10
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We don't receive any incompatibility issues with regards to the Android 10 and DJI Go 4 application. We highly recommend only to update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest version to avoid any issues with your Android 10. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!

please answer...
2020-3-18
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.2
Italy

I'm sorry to hear that, I made myself the update to Android 10 on galaxy s9 and dji go 4  App is still running smoothly. Have you tried to uninstall and install the latest version of the App?
2020-6-5
Use props
Skylge40
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello, my name is Jan and I/m living in the Netherlands.
I also have problems to connect my Samsung Galaxy S9 ( with android version 10) to the RC.
In the app I choose : Connect to the aircraft.
I choose for the Wired connection.
But at step 3 it stops.
I have used three different RC cables,  but still no connection.
Before the S9 I used a S7, without problems.
At this moment I am using a Samsung TAB 8.0, also without troubles.
But I cann't get my S9 connected with the RC,  although I removed the DJI Go 4 app and installed a new one.

Please tell me what to do?
2020-8-11
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.2
Sweden

Skylge40 Posted at 8-11 05:21
Hello, my name is Jan and I/m living in the Netherlands.
I also have problems to connect my Samsung Galaxy S9 ( with android version 10) to the RC.
In the app I choose : Connect to the aircraft.
Have you tried using an USB type C cable through the bottom of the controller?

I had problems with small cables from the side, but when I switched to the bottom USB I never had a problem since. Not even after updating to version 10 of Android.

(I also enabled USB developer options in both application and phone)
2020-8-11
Use props
Skylge40
lvl.1

Netherlands

MicheleCaminati,
You asked me if I had tried using an USB type C cable through the bottom of the CT?
No, I did not, until now.
I used the cable that came with my Drone.
I was surprised. Now my S9 made contact with the CT and the DJI GO 4 app is working.
The cable that came to my Drone is about 60 cm long. So I ordered a shorter cable.

I'm happy that it is working now, but I still wondering why it wont't  work with that other connection to the CT on the side.

When I'm using my samsung tab a 8.0 ( also with android version 10 ) with the CT, there is no problem at all.
2020-8-12
Use props
MicheleCaminati
lvl.2
Italy

Don't really know, but I've read of a lot of people having problems with the side USB and I had problems as well the first time, so I went straight for the bottom USB and kept using that one.
2020-8-12
Use props
Grumbleduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1824862 ft
United States

Hi all.  New user - first post.  I am flying a MM and have been using an iPhone 6 with DJI Fly software.  The screen is not quite big enough so I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, which comes with Android 9 but is wanting to upgrade to Android 10.  I have installed the DJI Fly app and made a couple of short test flights and all seems fine.  Should I prevent the tablet from updating to Android 10 or will it be ok now?
2020-9-21
Use props
Grumbleduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1824862 ft
United States

Grumbleduke Posted at 9-21 19:07
Hi all.  New user - first post.  I am flying a MM and have been using an iPhone 6 with DJI Fly software.  The screen is not quite big enough so I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, which comes with Android 9 but is wanting to upgrade to Android 10.  I have installed the DJI Fly app and made a couple of short test flights and all seems fine.  Should I prevent the tablet from updating to Android 10 or will it be ok now?

Update:  I let the OS update.  Have been flying the drone for a couple of months now.  No issues.  The Galaxy Tab A 8.0 just fits in the remote arms (looked like it wouldn't initially so I purchased an extra attachment - nice having the screen above the remote and a neck strap but a pain to install/remove every time.)
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules