FPV goggles av/hdmi out
17226 31 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kidier
lvl.1

Poland

Hi
I own DJI HD system, both googles and air unit. Great thing is av input is working, so anyone can play in simulator on this goggles.

But is there AV OUT?

Is there any option to get footage from goggles to pc, or any av/hdmi device?

Is there any additionall device, that recives signal from goggles as audience and transmitt it to PC?

Many people would love to have live streaming on pc, or other devices.
Includeing me ;)

2020-2-10
Use props
djiuser_3jqBd9WElhM5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932 ft

Canada

How is the video quality for av input?
2020-2-10
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

See question 21 in the FAQ. Also next update is gonna allow HDMI out via [DJI Smart Controller](https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller).
2020-2-10
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

FAQ link wasn't added for some reason: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=196425
2020-2-10
Use props
kidier
lvl.1

Poland

"The DJI FPV Goggles cannot output real-time images without an external livestream box. Currently, livestream boxes are only used for live streaming competition events."

it that menans that they gonna add that feature? Moreover what they mean by lifestream box?
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the moment, the DJI Air Unit has not capable of transmitting a signal going to PC or using an HDMI output and also we don't have available accessories to perform the said feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designate department for attention. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-13
Use props
kidier
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 11:51
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the moment, the DJI Air Unit has not capable of transmitting a signal going to PC or using an HDMI output and also we don't have available accessories to perform the said feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designate department for attention. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any concerns. Thank you for your continued support!

I'm sorry, but You get me wrong. I didn't mean to plug DJI Air unit into Pc by HDMI.
What i mean was to enable AV output in same pleace as AV input in DJI FPV Goggles HD. Or HDMI of course through type-c.
Most googles have dublication of image from displays inside googles outputing through av jack and it can also work as av inmput when you flip the switch.
Is there any posibility to acomplish such feature in future?
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kidier Posted at 2-13 12:26
I'm sorry, but You get me wrong. I didn't mean to plug DJI Air unit into Pc by HDMI.
What i mean was to enable AV output in same pleace as AV input in DJI FPV Goggles HD. Or HDMI of course through type-c.
Most googles have dublication of image from displays inside googles outputing through av jack and it can also work as av inmput when you flip the switch.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I totally understood this request of yours and was already been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for attention. We don't have the exact information on when it would be implemented since we will first do some analysis on this request if we can add this to the DJI FPV unit. Hoping for your patience and understanding. Cheers!
2020-2-13
Use props
kidier
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 12:32
I'm sorry for the confusion. I totally understood this request of yours and was already been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for attention. We don't have the exact information on when it would be implemented since we will first do some analysis on this request if we can add this to the DJI FPV unit. Hoping for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

We will be waiting for it. Thank you so much!
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kidier Posted at 2-13 12:34
We will be waiting for it. Thank you so much!

Thank you for your patience.
2020-2-15
Use props
DrewDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17303 ft
China

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 14:57
Thank you for your patience.

Although I know you have already sent it forward to the R&D.

I must second this. This is a MUST.

I own multiple DJI fpv systems (Cinewhoops, 5", 6") and the one most annoying thing when going to film on set, is not being able to give the Director, DP, or anyone else a monitor to view. Sure, I could buy an extra pair of goggles for a hefty price. But then only 1 other person can watch the feed, instead of a whole crew of people giving you feedback on the shot.

If I want to continue on this FPV path, we really need to have an option to display out. Please take this into consideration!

As you said, you already have a module for live events, people saw it being used in the FAI in Ningbo, please just release it to the public!

Thanks,
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DrewDrones Posted at 2-15 17:34
Although I know you have already sent it forward to the R&D.

I must second this. This is a MUST.

We deeply understand this suggestion of yours. No worries, as long as we have an update to the said suggestion I will surely keep you posted. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-16
Use props
rubiksman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9357 ft
United States

I wanted to check in on the status of this update Gamora. Any word from R&D?
2020-3-10
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

rubiksman Posted at 3-10 11:28
I wanted to check in on the status of this update Gamora. Any word from R&D?

Yes, indeed there has to be an external monitor display option in future updates.

Compatibility (HDMI) with the Crystal Sky monitor would be ideal.

I even heard rumors of smart controller but that would mean mean making the controller flight compatible as well.
2020-3-10
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 11:51

Good morning, with the new dji announcement, in which the smart controller can transmit hdmi signal from the fpv Goggles. Why cannot do the same with Cristalsky, for example add the  fpv live app. It's this possible?. Thanks in advance. Regards!
2020-4-28
Use props
Flip FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113648 ft
Belgium

Being able to connect the Smart Controller, does that mean that I can connect a Crystalsky monitor? That would be nice...
2020-7-20
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

Well DJI took too long and the competition has finally released their product with the ability to record to an external device or couple to a standard set of goggles, it's called the FatShark Shark Byte 2 and they listened to the requests for video out and delivered.
I feel that this may be the turning point for DJI and sadly people will switch back to FatShark again. It is sad really because we have all requested this and seen no response from DJI to give us this simple solution even at 1 second latency we wouldnt care it is to provide our friends a way to watch what we see without spending an absolute fortune on another set of goggles or the smart controller which is even more expensive and we cant use them for the FPV gear anyway.
Oh DJI why would you allow the competitors to get ahead of you like this, I know it's a simple software change, but sales and pre-orders for the FatShark Shark Byte system are through the roof because of the features they have provided.
Such a simple solution but nothing, not even a promise that this would ever happen.
I did like my DJI gear and was in the process of changing over my fleet but I have stopped now because the videos I have seen are comparable. There is another player coming online soon with the same options of video out HDMI out.
Oh well we tried, we asked, we were ignored and I would say simply for additional sales and that has proven to be a massive mistake.
2020-11-5
Use props
ST8
lvl.1

Germany

I really wonder why everyone asks for Hdmi out. You do not want this. You cannot attach your smartphone in the field. You cannot stream it easily. The cables are stiff. It is not practical at all ends.
DJI has implemented the right thing: send out the mp4 stream over USB-c.
We need to ask for opening this up, so you do not need a smart controller. But we should not ask for Hdmi out.
2020-11-7
Use props
MartyFufkin
lvl.1

Canada

ST8 Posted at 11-7 10:28
I really wonder why everyone asks for Hdmi out. You do not want this. You cannot attach your smartphone in the field. You cannot stream it easily. The cables are stiff. It is not practical at all ends.
DJI has implemented the right thing: send out the mp4 stream over USB-c.
We need to ask for opening this up, so you do not need a smart controller. But we should not ask for Hdmi out.

The reason people want it is because in some situations (like professional filming) you might want to have others (Director/DP/Producers a.k.a Video Village) see the live feed from a stunt or other feed being flown and filmed.  Another reason might be to live stream a video on YouTube...  many reasons more.  And nobody wants to have to rely on limiting proprietary crap.
2020-11-7
Use props
ST8
lvl.1

Germany

These professionals are very few. They do have their Hdmi out with the smart controller or with the usb-c solution. it is a mp4 stream - they know what to do with it. Everybody can do this conversion with a simple laptop.
Quality does not become better with Hdmi. The data comes in as mp4 stream. So handing it over as-is results in the optimal quality.
Just having the USB-c stream opened up does the trick for anyone.
2020-11-7
Use props
Alf_Skaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159567 ft
Norway

HDMI out is also need for the very slim possibility to use it for racing.

In the mean time I will be rocking Shark Byte with my HDMI out.

The Atomos Ninja2 ProResHQ file is 2.81GB, the SB DVR file is 230MB
https://alfskaar.hostilezone.net/SB_001.TS
https://alfskaar.hostilezone.net/061120_S001_S001_T001_01.MOV

If I only fly for fun and free style then I think they are great. I don't in any way hate DJI.
I just got my DJI Ronin RSC 2 :-) I have way to many googles but no gimbals until now.
I also have the Vista, DJI camera, Caddex Micro & Nano Camera, if DJI googles get HDMI out one day maybe.
2020-11-8
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

MartyFufkin Posted at 11-7 19:05
The reason people want it is because in some situations (like professional filming) you might want to have others (Director/DP/Producers a.k.a Video Village) see the live feed from a stunt or other feed being flown and filmed.  Another reason might be to live stream a video on YouTube...  many reasons more.  And nobody wants to have to rely on limiting proprietary crap.

I'd be happy if DJI and/or they licensed to a 3rd Party...came out with an affordable 'stand alone' monitor.  Similar to the Crystal Sky but less expensive.  I already have a controller for Mavic series and Inspire series so no point in investing money in a Smart Controller just to simply have a monitor out option.
2020-11-8
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

It doesn't have to be a monitor, most people who do this kind of work already have portable HDMI monitors, or they can get them from like $30 (all the way to thousands of dollars) so all we need is a USB-C to HDMI dongle that works with the goggles.
But for people who own CrystalSky, I can see why they're mad that it's not supported, that should be a priority if it's technically possible and it seems like it should be.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

hello dji!

yes have wants a solution to have a video output on the Goggles fpv, by the type c or the av. i think it's all about firmware, and if you want to do it you can, i know it. so if you don't want to end up with an engineer creating a system for you, think about it, it's customers and money wasted, people will end up going to sharkbyte because it's more open like system, the fpv caumunautée is a community of hackers, and frankly, if everyone wants that, it's not only that normally you have to fly 2 to be legal, (in europe anyway), and force us to buy the Smartcontroler which is very very too expensive (except for the pros) to simply show the friends present their flight live and thus share the experience .. in safety. (and security you have something to do ??? with your reputation, I would not play too much for you .. hmm ..) know that if you do not, the competition will end up either finding a solution that you will not control, and that does not cost 600 €! so I think and I hope that you are going to resign yourself, and finally give that possibility, otherwise somebody will do it, and you wouldn't get anything out of it. damage right? so please make this update so that others can show the flight live, it's frankly a big blow for those who don't have the money to buy the smartcontroler, nor a second pair of goggles. then GO!
Thank you Best regards,
AureL
2020-12-17
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

using a thing like this are the way to go: https://www.amazon.fr/Adaptateur-Thunderbolt-compatible-MacBook-Samsung/dp/B07TD515P2/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=adaptateur+usb+c+vers+hdmi&qid=1608234151&sr=8-7
2020-12-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I dont want an HDMI out, I was something even better:  a small cheap handheld display that can pick up the signal wirelessly, just like I had when I was flying analog.  Having a cord running out of my goggles to a display would be awkward and uncomfortable.
2020-12-17
Use props
rrhenning
lvl.1

United States

DJI,

any movement on this request?  Seems like many many individuals are in need of a way to share a live stream from their goggles without buying a second pair, or a smart controller...... which we don't need or want.  Seems like a simple feature to accomplish that would secure a lot of brand loyalty instead of pushing your customers to go somewhere else, like fatshark.

There's nothing more isolating than going out to fly with friends or family and none of them can participate.  Think of all the brand exposure and future customers you could attract if everyone present could view a live stream.

An easy / affordable video output feature is essentially free advertising for DJI!  Everyone standing around the pilot would basically see how fun FPV is and THEY WILL WANT TO BUY ONE FOR THEMSELVES.  
2021-3-1
Use props
lhk34591
lvl.1

South Korea

If you don't want to carry a heavy smart controller, you can put your smartphone camera on the goggles.  If you don't put the camera close to the goggles screen, the screen won't fit, but you can use a lens tube to make the goggles appear on the smartphone screen exactly.  The method of making tubes is to combine magnified and reduced lenses into a 1:1 ratio.  The camera performance of smartphones these days is amazing, so it's not much different from what you see on the screen of a smart controller.  The fact that the screen appears on the smartphone means that you can connect it to a monitor or TV.  The way to connect smartphones and goggles is possible with rubber bands, but it can also be made with 3D printers.
2021-3-2
Use props
lhk34591
lvl.1

South Korea

EliasAU Posted at 2020-11-5 23:59
Well DJI took too long and the competition has finally released their product with the ability to record to an external device or couple to a standard set of goggles, it's called the FatShark Shark Byte 2 and they listened to the requests for video out and delivered.
I feel that this may be the turning point for DJI and sadly people will switch back to FatShark again. It is sad really because we have all requested this and seen no response from DJI to give us this simple solution even at 1 second latency we wouldnt care it is to provide our friends a way to watch what we see without spending an absolute fortune on another set of goggles or the smart controller which is even more expensive and we cant use them for the FPV gear anyway.
Oh DJI why would you allow the competitors to get ahead of you like this, I know it's a simple software change, but sales and pre-orders for the FatShark Shark Byte system are through the roof because of the features they have provided.

If you don't want to carry a heavy smart controller, you can put your smartphone camera on the goggles.

If you don't put the camera close to the goggles screen, the screen won't fit, but you can use a lens tube to make the goggles appear on the smartphone screen exactly.

The method of making tubes is to combine magnified and reduced lenses into a 1:1 ratio.

The camera performance of smartphones these days is amazing, so it's not much different from what you see on the screen of a smart controller.

The fact that the screen appears on the smartphone means that you can connect it to a monitor or TV.

The way to connect smartphones and goggles is possible with rubber bands, but it can also be made with 3D printers.
2021-3-2
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

Hello,

good and well here I am back on the subject. because after the "smartcontroler" and downright the dji fpv v2 with not much more, and finally !!! a usb output for smarphone.
first of all, a possibility of doing the same thing with a "cristalsky" screen would be really good and would be a light version of the "Smartcontroller" which is at 650 € to show others theft, it's a lot, and I'm not going to change from googles, my V1 is brand new .. why no updates for v1 ?? (ha thank you the business plan ..)
Do you know that in rc model making (not flying cameras like the mavic or there I must say that you excel)
but for the fpv, ok it's a small revolution and we will never thank you enough but have not really liked the proprietary products etc .. and have tinkering, it is not just a question of money .. I think that 'it had to be said ..
so one day when technology will become more democratic, there will be less expensive and less proprietary systems and more tuned, (because let's be serious, the video out for you is an update ..) no listen from you.
in short, for the moment you lead. but hey who knows, there may be better elsewhere tomorrow ..
it is however not much what you have asked, now I am obliged (and yes obliged to be ds the law ... in EU ...) to find a smart controller to simply respect the law. the video output allows the "accompanying pilot" to see the video feedback and take control if there is a problem. and that you do not offer it in your kit. could say that it is outlaw .. unless you have to take out 650 € (whether for a 2nd mask or the smartcontroller) .. and have is stuck.
it's really not what people expect from a listening company .. I find it a pity.
create a lack in order to get more money when the leaders are already and the customers have not listened to them at all, these are things that do not last .. (it will be the same for mac one day .. not worry about that.) I understand that a business makes money that's the goal, but it's also good to listen to these customers a little, isn't it?
So, solutions:
-a compatibility with cristalsky (in French there are German, Spanish, English Chinese, but not French .. an answer on that ??) it would be a cheaper solution (but that at the same ..)
-the possibility of outputting the video via usb like the v2 but for the first version of the dji fpv.
this is not possible, you have everything you need to do it, are you going to expect someone to do an open source hack ?? (because that will happen i guess .. so why not provide a solution?
-a small box (proprietor, dji no worries), which plugs into usb and gives an hdmi at the end, you sell it for less than $ 50 and that's all that is requested by all of those who have it 'have !! and you could do it. why not?
in short, I find it a pity that updates and requests are not listened to.
Regards,
AureL
2021-4-13
Use props
rrhenning
lvl.1

United States

DJI......... you there?

Your customers need your help.  
A firmware update that lets us share our FPV experience is important.  Nobody likes to stand around in silence as the pilot using goggles flys a drone they can't see or hear.
2021-5-7
Use props
Segasailing
New

Russia

Hello!
During the flight, two vertical stripes appeared on the screen.
Please tell me what it can be and how to remove it?
Thank you!
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules