Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD CARD SLOW error
12Next >
35246 51 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Precision Focus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767096 ft
Australia

Hey all,
Getting an SD card slow error when recording to the air unit SD card. Ive tried San Disk Extreme (multiple cards) Also Samsung EVO Plus. All supposedly fast U3 cards but they all do it. Also have the problem on multiple air units. What an I doing wrong??

Cheers.

2020-2-11
Use props
mc54
First Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Try a different SD card. Flying with a bad SD card in the air unit is dangerous and can lead to a lock up.  Suggest flying only recording in goggles unless necessary.
2020-2-11
Use props
mc54
First Officer

United States

Oh, also format the SD card IN THE AIR UNIT.
2020-2-11
Use props
Precision Focus
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks mc54, I will try format the card in the air unit. I have already tried a few different cards.
2020-2-11
Use props
a.nasr
Flight distance : 153317 ft

Kuwait

Do not delete the files from the air unit SD card, formate it using the goggle
2020-2-13
Use props
Precision Focus
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks guys, have started formatting the card from the goggle menu and works a treat now
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes, the advice of your fellow DJI members above about formatting the SD card is good. There is a possibility that the issue might be fixed on this troubleshooting step. You may also refer to the image below for the recommended SD card for the DJI AirUnit for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!

2020-2-13
Use props
Precision Focus
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 11:27
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes, the advice of your fellow DJI members above about formatting the SD card is good. There is a possibility that the issue might be fixed on this troubleshooting step. You may also refer to the image below for the recommended SD card for the DJI AirUnit for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!

Thank you, yes its working good now.
2020-2-13
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the last upgrade, I have begun getting these errors. They didn't start occurring until the last upgrade and they seem to happen most frequently on the first flight of the day. All the cards I use are the Sandisk cards that are recommended. These cards are fast enough for the Mavic 2 (Sandisk Extreme).
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Precision Focus Posted at 2-13 16:55

You're welcome and we're glad to know that it is now working!
2020-2-15
Use props
Precision Focus
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 15:13
You're welcome and we're glad to know that it is now working!

Actually still getting this error sometimes even with the listed SD card Sandisk Extreme. Seems it only happens if I do some fast maneuvers through trees, i'm guessing this causes the bit rate to increase.
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Precision Focus Posted at 2-13 16:55

Can you please send us sample video showing the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2020-3-12
Use props
kevin.bonnet2gmail.com
New

France

I have the same issue even After formatting in air unit micro sd work on GoPro 8 so...
Already done the last update still bugging !
2020-4-16
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.1
Malaysia

I'm having the Airunit SD card slow issue. I'm using Extreme Pro V30 64gb. It will stop recording and show slow SD every single time I fly. I tried to format the SD inside the Airunit using goggle menu. Please help! Should I downgrade and purchase a Sandisk Extreme instead since it is recommended by DJI?

Please help!
IMG_0724 copy.jpg
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_6fZeahjPliQV
lvl.1

Poland

after the last update I also have this problem with two units and various ad cards that previously worked in version 02 without problems ... I think there is a software error
2020-4-28
Use props
fans0609bac5
New
Flight distance : 9242 ft

Japan

djiuser_6fZeahjPliQV Posted at 4-28 21:49
after the last update I also have this problem with two units and various ad cards that previously worked in version 02 without problems ... I think there is a software error

Same, exact issue.

Waiting for firmware update.
2020-5-2
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.4

Lithuania

Got two new air units, last firmware, same issue with both. Tried 4 cards, all recommended. In my case it seems to happen when in air, after high-G maneuvers...
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_FIauPvu8vzLR
lvl.1

South Africa

I have the same issue with the SD card being to slow, what I also picked up, is a brief message saying the frame rate is set at 120 fps, which dissapears. As soon in the air for about 1 min it stops recording. I downgraded the firmware to. 4 version, issue is gone. Please help, thanks
2020-5-3
Use props
fans7901d730
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191601 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The same hier ..3 Airunits , all Updates to Firmware 0.500...Fly 1 Minute , SD Card to Slow !!! That was ... !
DJI PLEASE FUX IT !!

I Must downgrade to 0.400.... to Fly !
2020-5-3
Use props
downset
lvl.4

Germany

yesterday I flow 3 packs without any slow sd and no stuttering osd
disabling the on arm recording seams to fix it. I started recording manual before arming.
also i changed from 16:9 to 4:3 but i don`t think this was the fix but maybe - just wanted more horizontal view. (would be nice to have googles on 4:3 and airunit record on 16:9)

My working settings
aspect ratio 4:3
high quality
focus auto
disable auto record
manual recording on both airunit and glasses before arming
Recommended sandisk v30 U3 SD
power 700mW
temp protection off
betaflight 4.2 rc1

T-motor F7 HD FC on 6S 5" with gps and magnetometer

greets downset
2020-5-4
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans7901d730 Posted at 5-3 15:19
The same hier ..3 Airunits , all Updates to Firmware 0.500...Fly 1 Minute , SD Card to Slow !!! That was ... !
DJI PLEASE FUX IT !!

Hey fans7901d730, So did downgrading to .0400 firmware get rid of the sd slow issue? are you able to record on that firmware without it stopping?
2020-5-4
Use props
fans7901d730
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

AWDturboScott Posted at 5-4 11:24
Hey fans7901d730, So did downgrading to .0400 firmware get rid of the sd slow issue? are you able to record on that firmware without it stopping?

yes , on 0400 is all ok !
2020-5-7
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.4

Lithuania

last version (5) it just fails to record properly, multiple air units, multiple cards, differently formatted, via pc via air unit... Nothing works... Downgraded to (4) and it works almost perfectly, so far with many flights got only 1 slow card error on 4 version.
Option to somehow choose air unit sensitivity to this, or disable slow card checks altogether would be nice !
2020-5-8
Use props
fans7901d730
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

I also had the problem in V 0.500 that my SD card was too slow, AND in the middle of the flight the connection was gone for what felt like half a second, and then "Disarm" appeared in the display, but could I continue to fly normally?!
I then downgraded to V0.400 (airunit, glasses and remote control) and still have BOTH errors!  This can not be !!  Recordings stop after about 1 minute, and the short radio break (I see the live video image, but WITHOUT OSD fade-ins for about 1-2 seconds, then the OSD comes back as if it had restarted with the "Disarm" message, and  EVERYTHING DURING the flight !!?

PLEASE FIX IT !!!
2020-5-10
Use props
Stevo11
lvl.1
United States

i had the same issue instantly after i upgraded.  Def a problem with this latest firmware.  My card is on approved list.
Funny how the moderators are really active when they think the problem isn't theirs but once we prove it isn't "formatting the sd card" nonesense or an "approved sd card" they disappear.
2020-5-14
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I've been having this issue from day one of flying the DJI Air unit in a Rocket Plus . I asked here on the forum and tried everything but video still stops during flight . Tried latest FW and turning auto record off and flew 3 packs but lost the drone on the 3rd pack so don't know if the video still froze during flight since I didn't get the drone back this time .  Yesterday was the first time I had noticed the SLOW SD warning though .

700 feet away and lost all video . I've flown the route several times with no problem . Crossfire Nano rx so never worry about radio link . I never expected the video to just go to the DJI logo all of a sudden . It's probably stuck in the low hanging limb but dang if we could spot it . Carried goggles down there but video never tried to come back . $450 lying somewhere , thanks DJI

2020-5-15
Use props
DoktorDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4130689 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Same Issue here:

Newest FW, DJI Air Unit stops video recording to internal SD card, with card slow error,
It mostly happens while flying in high detailed areas like a forest or with a lot of grass moving over the full screen.

Tried different SanDisk V30 cards…
Think it is a problem with the internal video compression.

DJI pls fix it !

Best regards,

Lukas
2020-5-19
Use props
GTRsavas
lvl.1

Turkey

I've had this problem since day one. My recordings stop randomly during flight.
I use Samsung Evo Plus 32/64GB U3 sd cards, on 2 different air units. My friend uses Sandisk Extreme Pro and his recordings stop almost within a minute.
So this is not only a card problem. A better card won't fix the problem.
I formatted the card on Goggles, on Air Unit. The problem seems to go away for a few flights. But the next time I fly it is still there.
Strangely this happens on Goggle recordings too but very rarely.  I'd say 1-2 times out of 100 flights. I lost a drone because of this.
I think this can be fixed with a firmware update, only if enough people complain about it.
DJI Please fix this.

2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_c5SuTHHG99S1
lvl.1

Germany

I have bad news.  I had a failure of the DJI FPV system yesterday.  The picture is frozen and the glasses have rebooted.  Unfortunately, my race drone is now on the bottom of a small rainwater retention basin.  I firmly believe that the new firmware v01.00.05.00, which occasionally causes errors when recording, that the SD card is too slow and the recording occasionally stops, was the problem.  The drone was only about 20m away from me and the last video recording shows a full reception.  Before that, I had pressed this message a few times and pressed the record button again.  In retrospect, I only read in the DJI Forum that this can lead to problems.  Has anyone had this experience?  Does anyone have any mountain tips?
2020-5-23
Use props
Freestyle-FPV
New

Germany

I also have the slow sd card error. In my local fpv group there are also many dji user, which have the same problem. One user does not have the problem. He is using a bec of his fc (9v step down). I don't know if the voltage fluctuations causes the problem, but I think I will give it a try with an external bec.
2020-5-25
Use props
murphy333

Germany

Freestyle-FPV Posted at 5-25 00:27
I also have the slow sd card error. In my local fpv group there are also many dji user, which have the same problem. One user does not have the problem. He is using a bec of his fc (9v step down). I don't know if the voltage fluctuations causes the problem, but I think I will give it a try with an external bec.

I have a pretty good 12v BEC. Still the problem
2020-5-25
Use props
McDaniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
Switzerland

same here...I stopped using the airunitrecording  until this problem is fixed.
2020-5-25
Use props
McDaniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
Switzerland

sorry double post
2020-5-25
Use props
fans147b0783
lvl.1

United States

According to the 11 second file info an Air Unit on a Titan DC2 with new firmware is recording to in flight SD at 164.90 Mbit/s then a few seconds of audio before writing to disk. Focus Mode Off, Hi Quality Mode, Auto Record On. That seems like a lot for a Class 3 V30 card. In contrary the FPV goggles SD file info states 20.0 Mbit/s.
2020-5-26
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Something worth trying, I found with a brand new card the Slow SD problem did not occur, once the card had been formatted in the air unit I started getting this problem along with suddenly not recording.

I have installed the SD card formatter from sdcard.org and format the cards with this. So far I have had no Slow SD Card errors. It seems to be an issue with the inbuilt formatter.

What I haven't tried is formatting the cards in the goggles then switching the cards from the Goggles to the Air Unit.
2020-5-26
Use props
mc54
First Officer

United States

This SD card Slow/air unit recording failure topic is blowing up on RCGroups. I guess I was unaware as I never use my air unit to record.  But the opinion over there is that it relates to the latest firmware update. The fix might be released in the next update, the timing of which DJI would announce on this thread (probably once it is actually up, so who knows when...)

2020-5-26
Use props
DJI FPV 5quot
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 11:27
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes, the advice of your fellow DJI members above about formatting the SD card is good. There is a possibility that the issue might be fixed on this troubleshooting step. You may also refer to the image below for the recommended SD card for the DJI AirUnit for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!

I have 64 and 32 GB recommended SD cards the EXPENSIVE ones  and it still does that. Come on DJI you could do better. Its only 1080p and you didnt figure it out..   disappointing
2020-5-27
Use props
fans147b0783
lvl.1

United States

Titan DC2 Update. Next day recharged battery, Settings changed Power to 200MW.  Remain at Auto Record On Both, High Quality, Focus Mode Off. Display 16:9. Location indoor hover and pirouette. Ran the entire battery 650mah 75C.  The Air Unit recorded 3 videos each 1min 30 sec long. All videos were successfully encoded at approx 40Mbit/s 1920x1080 60p. The Air unit was manually disconnected from power after each flight video. Everything seemed to work as expected. SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 U3 A2. No reformat was performed. Last time there was an issue it was run outdoor.
2020-5-27
Use props
fans147b0783
lvl.1

United States

Titan DC2 Update. Second successful run. Outdoor test. Angle Mode. Cinematic trial. Same setting as above. Auto Record Enabled. Air Unit written to disk 4:45s length and encoded at 40.07MBit/s 1920x1080 16:9 60p 1.43Gb with Audio. Very good results with foliage. Smooth motion. Only a few small patches of grass artifacted. Nice Lens. Thank you!

Power On Order.  Goggles, Quad, DJI OEM Tx. Launch was 7 seconds after motor arm. Full battery.
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_RbjjMpXmCanL
lvl.1

United States

Having the same issue - Air Unit stops recording after roughly 1 min of flight. I can usually tell when that has happened as the FPV feed glitches for a second. I'm running the latest firmware and the recommended card by DJI. For what it's worth, I've tried powering the Air Unit directly from the lipo as well as from the VBAT regulator on my FC without any change in behavior.

This is a horrible experience that I did not anticipate from DJI. I guess the people who said this is a 1st gen product and discouraged me from buying this then were actually right! Thankfully, I haven't lost a quad due to this as some others in this thread have.

DJI, expecting an update on this thread! Extremely sad how the mods disappeared after the first few messages here. Please help the tens of people commenting here.
2020-6-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules