Enhancement Request - Minimum Height
651 3 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dementia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86545 ft

United Kingdom

We can set a maximum height through the DJI Go 4 app which is great but it would also be useful to be able to set a minimum height to avoid accidental crashes into the ground (not something I've ever done myself but it would be one less thing to worry about).

To stop it interfering with genuine landing attempts then you could have a rule that when this minimum is enabled, you can only initiate a landing from a hover state (or the usual RTH function).

Mad idea?
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dementia. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2020-2-11
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see a benefit but can think of a couple oops issues.  If it were like other settings, it would remember the same elevation for every flight, which I see as a hindrance.  Let's say you want to fly under a bridge.  Or, you're flying high and need to get lower to get out of an excessive wind but you have to go change your settings first.  Not something I would use but I also disable auto land because it doesn't let me make adjustments over that last two feet or so from the ground.
2020-2-11
Use props
Dementia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86545 ft

United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 2-11 07:54
I don't see a benefit but can think of a couple oops issues.  If it were like other settings, it would remember the same elevation for every flight, which I see as a hindrance.  Let's say you want to fly under a bridge.  Or, you're flying high and need to get lower to get out of an excessive wind but you have to go change your settings first.  Not something I would use but I also disable auto land because it doesn't let me make adjustments over that last two feet or so from the ground.

Firstly, the setting would be set by the operator who should know the environment they fly in anyway. Secondly I don’t know any bridges that are lower than 1 metre that you’d then want to fly under and lastly, it is a configurable property so you could set it (or not) to whatever height you wanted. The idea behind it is another safety measure for the less experienced pilots or whomever. Like the max height, pilots would use it at their own discretion.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules