Camera Sensor Error
829 4 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6iaJawnpfRjs
lvl.1

United States

Hey all,

I had crashed my drone into branches and it proceeded to flip over/land in the sand. The drone worked perfectly for about 24 hours after this crash and then I received the Camera Sensor Error/no image transmission. Currently, I'm unable to record/take photos/see what the drone sees and have the Camera Sensor Error, though all other functionality of the drone works.

I've attempted to restart the drone/update/troubleshooting with no success. The next step would be to send it in for repair or find a way to repair it on my own. For anyone who has had success repairing this on their own, how did you do that/please send me references on how to do the repair/estimated costs for the repair/what you purchased to repair this issue?

For DJI support, please advise me on the total cost I should expect to pay for this repair as you guys have definitely dealt with this issue before.

Thank you,

J
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for providing informative details on what happened on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It is advisable to contact our DJI Support Team to further diagnose the damages on the said drone and after the DJI repair team completes their diagnostic and assessment they will send an email for estimated quotation for the repair. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend doing any DIY repair to our DJI co pilots since this may cause additional damage on the said drone. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_6iaJawnpfRjs
lvl.1

United States

@ DJI Paladin. Okay. Look, I understand that I can send this in for repair that’s an obvious repair route that costs $65+ just for an assessment fee. That’s not the support I’m requesting or posting about. Please answer my request for information about the estimated cost of repair based on prior repairs for this issue.
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for the additional inquiry and I understand how you feel. Before our repair team can give out an estimate on how much the cost of the repair will be. You need to send the drone in for us to perform a diagnosis on it for us to know which parts need to be fixed and replaced. Since you are located in the United States, after the assessment was done a quotation will be sent to you through your email address. If you agree with the repair quotation then the repair will push through but if not, you can always contact our DJI support team at ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav ) and ask them to send back the unit unrepaired if you do not want to push through with the said repair. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_6iaJawnpfRjs
lvl.1

United States

Look I understand what you're explaining already as it's available in the support part of the website. I appreciate you reaching out though you're essentially providing repetitive information. I came here to get answers to stuff that isn't provided in the regular support part. Such as the question I'm trying to get you to answer. Which is from past experiences with Camera Sensor error repairs, what's the usual range for the costs of repair?
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules