Extension rod hack help pleas.
974 8 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I am trying to do something a bit different to get a longer reach on my extension rod.... so my question is:
Has someone out there been able to find a cable that will fit into the Pocket at one end but here is the tricky bit... need the other end to fit onto the connector at the end of the extension rod?
Needs to be female configuration to fit onto the rod adapter
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum since we don't have the available cable that you had mentioned on our store website. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-12
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not sure if I fully understand your needs but can I suggest the following, connect op to extension rod as normal. Use a long usb-c cable to lightning for connection to iPhone. Use a monopod screwed into bottom of extension rod for reach. Use one of the GoPro type clamps on monopod to attach iPhone to monopod. You then have reach  you need and you can use Mimo app to control the op.
Hope this helps
2020-2-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long of an extension are you thinking?
2020-2-12
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

I keep my Pocket in a Scotty Makes Stuff wireless full case.... best thing ever .... and use the control wheel.
At times I use the Extension rod but didn’t want to have to take the Pocket out of this case every time I need to attach it to the rod.
I have a couple of options on how to physically attach the Pocket, in its case to the rod, as the clamp on the rod will not accomodate it.
But my dilemma is how to electrically connect it, as I can’t find a short cable that can connect to the Pocket and then to the connection at the end of the extension rod.

2020-2-13
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

2020-2-13
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

The problem is that there is no one who makes cables with the DJI fittings. Your only real option is to use your phone to control the Pocket.
2020-2-13
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

To connect the OP on a selfiestick with my mobile phone I use a 1 meter long third party cable that works perfectly.
I bought it here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.27424c4db1WrRr https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32986685602.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4db1WrRr
Probably other firms sell similar cables.
2020-2-13
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks, but I believe that I will loose the use of the buttons on the extension rod if I bypass them with a cable.
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules