Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Back to 1.04 from 1.03 for better video and surprises
2459 38 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hamiltom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82927 ft
Canada

I back dated my firmware to 1.03 after experiencing strange flight characteristics, but the bad video was not worth it. The video has improved after reinstalling the 1.04, but the surprise is very few warning messages and no more unstable drops after stopping from full acceleration. It's as if the first time I upgraded to 1.04 it didn't fully upgrade. I have no real idea what's going on, but the Mini seems to be performing well. Why reflashing had any effect is beyond me.

2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved by refreshing the firmware. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have been explaining to others that sometimes with dji FW although it might tell you it’s updated it can cut out at 98/99% and your left with bad update, and I’m sure you’ve noticed on this forum , moderators first question/answer is please refresh FW, it’s the first thing I do if something looks a bit odd, I have found no problems with .04 but it seems many have .
2020-2-12
Use props
amferreira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 10:00
I have been explaining to others that sometimes with dji FW although it might tell you it’s updated it can cut out at 98/99% and your left with bad update, and I’m sure you’ve noticed on this forum , moderators first question/answer is please refresh FW, it’s the first thing I do if something looks a bit odd, I have found no problems with .04 but it seems many have .

I had a lot of ESC errors after the FW update. Like I have posted before, I refreshed the FW with all batteries ( one at a time) and the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 and after more than 50 minutes of flying with the three batteries no more errors showed up until now. I will continue to test until I am more confident with the MM.

I believe that the errors were caused by improper FW update of the batteries using the FLY app.

2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

amferreira Posted at 2-12 10:09
I had a lot of ESC errors after the FW update. Like I have posted before, I refreshed the FW with all batteries ( one at a time) and the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 and after more than 50 minutes of flying with the three batteries no more errors showed up until now. I will continue to test until I am more confident with the MM.

I believe that the errors were caused by improper FW update of the batteries using the FLY app.

It’s a bit of a hallmark “pardon the pun” with djis FW, I also think this might help with rise and drops in altitude, but it’s never easy for some to accept they might have updated wrong, when really it’s more down to djis system than anything else .
2020-2-12
Use props
Newton_UK
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 10:15
It’s a bit of a hallmark “pardon the pun” with djis FW, I also think this might help with rise and drops in altitude, but it’s never easy for some to accept they might have updated wrong, when really it’s more down to djis system than anything else .

It's not that they have updated wrongly is it, it's a software error in applying the update?
2020-2-12
Use props
amferreira
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 10:15

I agree with you. I know that I didn't anything wrong while updating, so the error must be on the Fly App updater. When I got the error, I read about it in the net and the forum. My conclusions led to me doing what I did. It seems that it solved the issue.
2020-2-12
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

And now you are on 1.04 or 1.03 ? What's the thing with "bad video" ?
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Newton_UK Posted at 2-12 10:21
It's not that they have updated wrongly is it, it's a software error in applying the update?

That’s what I said more down to djis system, but no matter how you explain this, same people will continue to say they couldn’t have preformed update correctly, I’m saying this because of experience of many dji updates .
2020-2-12
Use props
JM.REYES
First Officer
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi everyone. The truth that I have always defended in previous comments, that the drone falls could be due to wind changes or by the user. My drone is version 0.4 and it works great, but now I have doubts that it can be a unique installation of the Firmware that is causing these serious failures. And my question is for DJI, how is it possible that the software and equipment ADMITS AND FINISHES AND CONCLUDED a bad update? No measures to avoid this? It is not admissible.
2020-2-12
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

so as we develop other theories, have we shifted the focus away from new flyers being stupid and irresponsible and unable to control their own drones, probably didn't read the manual, flew away your own drone or into the ground as the primary reason (meaning nothing is wrong with your drone because others don't have the same problem)....now that a lot of crash victims have decided not the hold their nose and seek help in this forum?

...and that was a partial /s
2020-2-12
Use props
JM.REYES
First Officer
Spain

The Saint Posted at 2-12 11:17
so as we develop other theories, have we shifted the focus away from new flyers being stupid and irresponsible and unable to control their own drones, probably didn't read the manual, flew away your own drone or into the ground as the primary reason (meaning nothing is wrong with your drone because others don't have the same problem)....now that a lot of crash victims have decided not the hold their nose and seek help in this forum?

Allow me Neither partial nor complete. EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING. Rectifying and realizing a bad opinion is not changing or focusing differently. I also DO NOT INSULATE ANYONE as you are pretending to make me see. I have always contributed very positively to this great forum, good ideas, help and comments, and I have also received help and clarified my doubts. Participating assumes the risk of being wrong. Not for that reason, I have neither we have to be in the crosshairs of ANYONE nor enduring a person who seems to dislike being aware of correcting others and being a champion of all users. Greetings to all, especially you THE HOLY.
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No but because you refuse to think that drones are flown by those who accept responsibility and don’t run to Mummy whining that it’s always some other people’s fault.

What had FW to do with user flying at 110m in 40mph wind, now don’t cop out give an answer, you seem to spend all your time blaming others without realizing what actually happened.

I believe that those who realized what was happening to those loosing their drones to the wind were educated by those who gave their time to analyze their flights, and we have seen a much reduced reporting of such incidents,  while people like you stood around firing stones helping no one, and it looks like you will continue in that mode.

“Blame doesn't empower you. It keeps you stuck in a place you don't want to be because you don't want to make the temporary, but painful decision, to be responsible for the outcome of your own inadequacy.
2020-2-12
Use props
JM.REYES
First Officer
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 11:34
No but because you refuse to think that drones are flown by those who accept responsibility and don’t run to Mummy whining that it’s always some other people’s fault.

What had FW to do with user flying at 110m in 40mph wind, now don’t cop out give an answer, you seem to spend all your time blaming others without realizing what actually happened.

Luckily someone thinks the same as me. Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the problem ...
2020-2-12
Use props
amferreira
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 11:34

What had FW to do with user flying at 110m in 40m wind, now don’t cop out give an answer, you seem to spend all your time blaming others without realizing what actually happened.

Exactly. I almost lost my MM when it was auto-landing on a pond. It was my fault the bad place I took off (I knew but I did it any way) and because I had the antennas wrongly positioned.

If the MM would have sink on the pond would have been completely pilot error. Nothing to do with DJI, FW or poor connectivity. I was only a pilot mistake with the antennas. No excuse.
2020-2-12
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 2-12 11:30
Allow me Neither partial nor complete. EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING. Rectifying and realizing a bad opinion is not changing or focusing differently. I also DO NOT INSULATE ANYONE as you are pretending to make me see. I have always contributed very positively to this great forum, good ideas, help and comments, and I have also received help and clarified my doubts. Participating assumes the risk of being wrong. Not for that reason, I have neither we have to be in the crosshairs of ANYONE nor enduring a person who seems to dislike being aware of correcting others and being a champion of all users. Greetings to all, especially you THE HOLY.

my post was not directed towards you even though it came right after yours.  timing, I guess.  in any case, the /s switch indicates a bit of sarcasm.  to be fair, I think the forum has been very helpful to most and the tone and attitude has much improved over the months as well.  after some folks were called out, some left, and people in general just quit participating.  I believe the majority now believe otherwise, which is a good thing.  I agree it's better this way.

ok let run with this.  refresh your software over again and do it correctly.  that might be the problem now.
2020-2-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must understand that being stupid and being ignorant are not the same thing. Calling people stupid is an insult while saying they are ignorant just means they do not understand something. I suggest you choose different wording, especially since we are multi-national here.
2020-2-12
Use props
Steven So
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10010 ft
Hong Kong

In my case, my drone hit the ground while auto landing with a  high speed, after a few minutes flight. The ground is a solid football field and I had push the left stick up fully when I noted that the drone decent so quick. But the drone didn't response to my command and the bottom sensors were not functioning neither. As a result the camera was broken and finally I exchanged another with DJI Care refresh.

Yes, I am a new user or may be I am stupid. But the data will not lie nor stupid. The wind speed is low, the GPS signals are good and over 12, the home point is set correctly, no compass error. The data stated that I had push the up stick to full before the drone hit the ground. The data also stated that my drone decent while flied forward. The data also state the the drone decent speed is much higher than normal before crash and the drone was at auto landing mode.

The version of the broken drone is 1.04 and now my exchanged Mini is 1.03. And everything is fine.

So in my case the cause should be due to:
1. FW problem
2. FW installation problem
3. Hardware (eq. Propeller and sensor) problem
4. I am stupid

I am not aware of the possibility of "FW installation problem" or "I am stupid" until this thread. So thank both of you, Hamiltom and The Siant.

Maybe I should try to upgrade my drone to prove that I am stupid?
2020-2-12
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
First Officer
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Just in case, I made a refresh of 400 firmware through the Assistant for all batteries and RC. I have not bugs, but it will not be worse...
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Well this is somehow encouraging, I don´t think i´ve seen the 100% ever, but yes the "update complete"...
If updates are getting stuck at 99 or 98%, how is the APP not telling you and allowing you to fly?
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 01:46
Well this is somehow encouraging, I don´t think i´ve seen the 100% ever, but yes the "update complete"...
If updates are getting stuck at 99 or 98%, how is the APP not telling you and allowing you to fly?

You asked the million dollar question .
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 2-12 21:12
You must understand that being stupid and being ignorant are not the same thing. Calling people stupid is an insult while saying they are ignorant just means they do not understand something. I suggest you choose different wording, especially since we are multi-national here.

Maybe before writing you should check to see if anyone called anyone stupid, but only a stupid person would say if it wasn’t the truth, wouldn’t they ?
I think you will find your friend came to this thread to completely try to throw it off topic, as he is continually doing on many threads, but there are none so blind as those who cannot see.
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-13 01:56
You asked the million dollar question .

Would be good to see this 98 or 99% at  least in DJI Assistant 2.
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Steven So Posted at 2-12 22:26
In my case, my drone hit the ground while auto landing with a  high speed, after a few minutes flight. The ground is a solid football field and I had push the left stick up fully when I noted that the drone decent so quick. But the drone didn't response to my command and the bottom sensors were not functioning neither. As a result the camera was broken and finally I exchanged another with DJI Care refresh.

Yes, I am a new user or may be I am stupid. But the data will not lie nor stupid. The wind speed is low, the GPS signals are good and over 12, the home point is set correctly, no compass error. The data stated that I had push the up stick to full before the drone hit the ground. The data also stated that my drone decent while flied forward. The data also state the the drone decent speed is much higher than normal before crash and the drone was at auto landing mode.

As you said logs don’t lie, I’m certain furnishing your log to dji will insure you receive a warranty for your drone.
This thread was regarding refreshing FW, but your friend decided to take off topic which is against forum rules to talk about his other gripes . But both you and him see no problem in that .
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 02:06
Would be good to see this 98 or 99% at  least in DJI Assistant 2.

I’ve often seen it jump from 98% to finished, so always refresh, but yes it’s not recorded in Assistant .
2020-2-13
Use props
JM.REYES
First Officer
Spain

The Saint Posted at 2-12 15:27
my post was not directed towards you even though it came right after yours.  timing, I guess.  in any case, the /s switch indicates a bit of sarcasm.  to be fair, I think the forum has been very helpful to most and the tone and attitude has much improved over the months as well.  after some folks were called out, some left, and people in general just quit participating.  I believe the majority now believe otherwise, which is a good thing.  I agree it's better this way.

ok let run with this.  refresh your software over again and do it correctly.  that might be the problem now.

For my part I leave it forgotten, no problem. Accept advice to avoid confusion, when you answer someone, include the initial comment in your response, as you just did with me. I invite you to continue participating positively and of course, to make as many CONSTRUCTIVE and respectful criticisms as you deem appropriate, there would be more we can not express ourselves freely. A greeting from Spain.
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-13 02:10
I’ve often seen it jump from 98% to finished, so always refresh, but yes it’s not recorded in Assistant .

Yeah I for sure have seen mine jump from 98% to finished, without ever seeing a 100%.
A bit puzzled about this one, since there is actually no way for us to check how much was correctly uploaded.
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 02:43
Yeah I for sure have seen mine jump from 98% to finished, without ever seeing a 100%.
A bit puzzled about this one, since there is actually no way for us to check how much was correctly uploaded.

Look I’m certain that major problems are not the issue with this, however optimization may not be fully implemented if FW doesn’t complete, it’s not a big deal to refresh, it’s always the first thing dji moderators here will request you do, “and that’s not a coincidence “ I also believe many try updating and whether it’s impatience or slow speed internet get sloppy and quit.

You will always 100% notice when new FW is released that you get threads complaining that users couldn’t complete, it was taking to long, couldn’t complete using app, dji assistant is not working and the list goes on, so common sense tells that it’s likely there is some truth in this on both sides.

There is no need to create hysteria as some do, particularly those with no interest in helping, and it seems merely advising through experience gets you shot down by those only interested in themselves .
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-13 03:03
Look I’m certain that major problems are not the issue with this, however optimization may not be fully implemented if FW doesn’t complete, it’s not a big deal to refresh, it’s always the first thing dji moderators here will request you do, “and that’s not a coincidence “ I also believe many try updating and whether it’s impatience or slow speed internet get sloppy and quit.

You will always 100% notice when new FW is released that you get threads complaining that users couldn’t complete, it was taking to long, couldn’t complete using app, dji assistant is not working and the list goes on, so common sense tells that it’s likely there is some truth in this on both sides.

Absolutely no need to create confusion and histeria.
I will try to re-install FW next time only using DJI Assistant 2 and a couple of tries.
I wonder if rolling back one version and then re flashing the new one helps, or only reflashing the last one will get the 100% completed...
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 03:09
Absolutely no need to create confusion and histeria.
I will try to re-install FW next time only using DJI Assistant 2 and a couple of tries.
I wonder if rolling back one version and then re flashing the new one helps, or only reflashing the last one will get the 100% completed...

I would concentrate updating FW .400
2020-2-13
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 02:43
A bit puzzled about this one, since there is actually no way for us to check how much was correctly uploaded.

But if it says Complete, it usually means 100% and without breaking off (for dowloading and installing too). Anyway at this poin it seems a good advice "try refresh fw.". It remainds me "have you tried turning it off and on again?" from IT Crowd series.
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-13 03:44
But if it says Complete, it usually means 100% and without breaking off (for dowloading and installing too). Anyway at this poin it seems a good advice "try refresh fw.". It remainds me "have you tried turning it off and on again?" from IT Crowd series.

That´s my question too, if it "completes" then it should mean 100% not 98 or 99%.
Like you say, we will have to "turn off, turn on, refresh upgrade" until it suddently just works... lol
2020-2-13
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
First Officer
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 03:47
That´s my question too, if it "completes" then it should mean 100% not 98 or 99%.
Like you say, we will have to "turn off, turn on, refresh upgrade" until it suddently just works... lol

But if as a result, everything starts to work better, maybe this is not a bad idea?
2020-2-13
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 03:47
Like you say, we will have to "turn off, turn on, refresh upgrade" until it suddently just works... lol

At least thank to the DJI forum and members like Hamiltom we know that it makes sense to try refresh fw when this sort of issue occurs...
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 2-13 04:33
But if as a result, everything starts to work better, maybe this is not a bad idea?

Not at all, I will love just to be able to see somewhere 100% completed
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-13 04:44
At least thank to the DJI forum and members like Hamiltom we know that it makes sense to try refresh fw when this sort of issue occurs...

Absolutely, this forum is Gold.
I would say 75% of what I know regarding drones, comes from here
2020-2-13
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

It would be nice if the system automatically performed some sort of checksum test on the installed firmware before announcing that an update is complete.

It would also be nice if the DJI Assistant 2 could perform a test on firmware currently installed in batteries, RC, and the Mini itself to verify the integrity of already-installed firmware.  That would be handy to reassure us any time we have doubts and as a routine verification after every update.

2020-2-13
Use props
Hamiltom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82927 ft
Canada

jonny007 Posted at 2-12 10:39
And now you are on 1.04 or 1.03 ? What's the thing with "bad video" ?

The original FW up to 1.03 had an incorrect format that showed up as blurry lines at the bottom of the video on Android phones. It was fixed as part of the 1.04 update. I found the video under the 1.03 to be unacceptable to live with. So I took the chance and reapplied 1.04. It seems to have worked.
2020-2-13
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-12 21:12

sorry...and i'm gong to delete this.  simply doesn't need to be said at this point.

fwiw, back on topic, any good software upgrade system HAS a checksum and if that is failing or is flawed....
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules