My first full production using Osmo Action - a big test!
917 7 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is my first full production shot almost entirely on Osmo Action (there are a couple of Mavic Pro 2 shots and some B-roll using Google Earth Studio).

It was a huge test for the little camera with some bright sunshine bits before going into near-total darkness... Then there are a few timelapse shots thrown in too.

Mostly the video was shot in automatic settings at 4K, Rocksteady on, Dewarp on. This was just before the Audio adaptor came out so sound is entirely external using a Rode Smartlav+ plugged into my phone (and firmware was previous to current for most of the filming). There's just a slight bit of colour grading in post (except the titles, which are really manipulated and effects added).

Any thoughts appreciated!

2020-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For me the transition you've used it too much. Makers it unpleasant to watch.  It is fascinating what hidden things exist right under our feet though.
2020-2-13
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-13 01:45
For me the transition you've used it too much. Makers it unpleasant to watch.  It is fascinating what hidden things exist right under our feet though.

Thanks for watching! I don't disagree with the overuse comment. I do tend to disagree that it makes it unpleasant though (in fact so far, it is an overriding positive comment everywhere else!).

There's a weird quirk of YouTube videos in that videos with transitions like that tend to keep the attention and you get greater watch time from it - had the video not been for YouTube I'd have used it less (and you'll notice it gets used a lot less later on when viewers are bedded into the content - at that point it is only used to denote movement - i.e. from below ground to above ground, etc). Still, I take the feedback on board.

The history beneath our feet is incredible... who would have thought all this existed below a city centre train station of all places!
2020-2-13
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Nice.

My Birth town ( Aarhus ) also have a river that was covered up all thru downtown, but this have been uncovered in later years, and are quite nice.
And the 1Km or so that have been uncovered have changed downtown to the better.

Before.

Now.

Sure it is still just a channel with water in, but at least it is not underground anymore.

This is where the river use to go underground, you can follow it to the harbour on google if you want to.

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.1558373,10.2032315,3a,75y,41.42h,73.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seBRCr5q2HfKfogPmn7ufrg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da&authuser=0

2020-2-13
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wow! That is beautiful! Much greener and more natural-looking (despite the abundance of glass buildings).

I really hope the Sheaf Field park gets built in Sheffield, like the pans shown in the video. Would be lovely to see a space opened up like this.
2020-2-13
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Opening this one up was easy as the river was right there under the road and not buildings and so on, so traffic just had to be rearranged or in our case pretty much blocked for going downtown.
And that's a good idea major towns ( Aarhus are the #2 biggest town in Denmark ) need less motor traffic and more green spaces,,, even fortunate people like us that have more green spaces than many other towns.

Yes the glass are unfortunate, but a few 100 M to the right in those pictures you will find some of the oldest parts of Aarhus, with roads so narrow they have to be 1 way as there are just room for 1 car.

2020-2-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks ok
2020-2-14
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nice to see how Osmo Action performed! Thanks for sharing!
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules