DJI Osmo Pocket - Activation on Samsung Galaxy S8
2520 4 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacques1397
New

South Africa

Good Day

I need help with activation of my brand new Osmo Pocket.

Apparanlty the Samsung Galaxy S8 with USB C connector is not a compatible device, and I only use Samsung phones / tablets. There is no way for me to activate the deivce / use it.

When i plu it in on my phone, the app doesnt automatically open, and doesnt connet to my phone, only charges my phone. I suspected my port to be faulty, and tested it with my Mavic Pro controller, but it works 100% - I can connect to the Drone and stream live feed ? So must be either the App or the new Osmo device ?

Is there anyone else with the same issue and managed to get help with this ? Device is brand new, bought it last nigh 12 Feb 2020 - But currenlty with support received in online chat not very pleased. I cannot just go out and buy a new phone now to work the Osmo or get a device somewhere.

I also reinstalled the App a few times to no avail - There is no option popping up for me to select the USB C option in anyhow to ensure its on MTP.

Help please!!!
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application using the link below to see if the problem persists? Please check if the USB debugging option was already enabled to ensure that the mobile device will communicate with the unit. Please go to developer mode, enable the USB debugging and put default USB mode to tethering. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2020-2-13
Use props
Jacques1397
New

South Africa

Good Day

Managed to get it connected and loaded via the USB C Charging port with a converter on my phone. So annoying to pay for something that does not work as it should, but will have to make do with the setup.

Thanks
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jacques1397 Posted at 2-13 22:35
Good Day

Managed to get it connected and loaded via the USB C Charging port with a converter on my phone. So annoying to pay for something that does not work as it should, but will have to make do with the setup.

Hello and good day Jacques1397. Thank you for giving us an update and it is good to know that the you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-2-17
Use props
fans5f169648
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 10:34
Hello and good day Jacques1397. Thank you for giving us an update and it is good to know that the you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.

I've exactly the same issue on my Osmo Pocket -tried many configs, many phones, many versions, many procedures and nothing i can't use my Osmo pocket because DJI wants to control the use.

I 've paid for something that i don't have the right to use.... because of stupid procedures from DJI

The customer support chat service is useless, they are just asking you to send an email

How is this possible for a company to despise customers so much ?

I'm just furious and let it know on social media and youtube demo
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules