1267 9 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

So my P4P was landing in RTH mode and it wasn't very close to the home point. I pushed the RTH button to stop the landing and when I did the bird shot to the right and hit a tree. I tried to raise it up and left but it wasn't helping. I was using Litchi at the time everything was normal till I hit the  RTH button to stop it and was going to move it closer to the home point. I uploaded the flight data .

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/81QS5UYD3CKH4JJ4P97W/

You can see it stared moving the second I pushed the RTH and then you see me trying to recover. Sadly it broke the camera again. That will probably be another $800 and a 2-3month wait again. Every time I've crashed I've been using Litchi maybe I should take the HINT.

2020-2-13
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Looks to me like it possibly be the GPS went bad. At 17:29 you have 8 satellites, then all of a sudden you had 0 satellites and it went into atti mode. Drift of the wind probably blew it into the tree.
2020-2-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2-13 21:38
Looks to me like it possibly be the GPS went bad. At 17:29 you have 8 satellites, then all of a sudden you had 0 satellites and it went into atti mode. Drift of the wind probably blew it into the tree.

It looks to me like it went to 0 satellites after it had already crashed into the tree.
2020-2-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Litchi flight logs are horrible to try to make sense of.
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Edward J Smith. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for what happened and thank you for your understanding.
2020-2-14
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-13 21:46
It looks to me like it went to 0 satellites after it had already crashed into the tree.

It went into Att mode and lost satellites as it was bouncing down the tree limbs.
2020-2-15
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 09:16
Hello and good day Edward J Smith. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for what happened and thank you for your understanding.

I don't know if I want to dump another $800 into this bird again. It has already cost me more than I paid for it in the last 10-12 months.
2020-2-15
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is the flight record from DJI I'm not sure it shows anything different.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/EBMWA4UI9NFM9UE8UK30/
2020-2-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'll guess you had a compass problem from starting up too close to a car.  It happened to me once.  Sorry for your loss.
2020-2-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

sorry for you lose , I know people who drive the drone from inside their vehicle, I assure you that the results are disastrous, I agree with Mark
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules