Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini software for 4K blu-ray burn?
2331 3 2020-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mraroid
lvl.1

United States

Hello....

I have a Pioneer 4K ultra blu-ray burner in my desktop computer.  I have a OLED 4K TV.  I would like to import 2.7K video from the
Mavic Mini and burn a 4K Blu-ray Ultra DVD.  Most (all?) modern 4K Ultra blu-ray players that you hook up to your TV will do something called "Up Convert".
So if you put a standard blu-ray DVD in a modern 4K Ultra player, it will mathematically up convert the 1920 X 1080 video to fake 4K resolution.
This is why I would like to buy some video editing software for my PC that supports the file format from the Mavic Mini.  

Can someone suggest some video editing & burning software for me? I curentelly use Vegas Movie Studio, but it seems that Vegas (ast least my version)

does not support the file format that the Mavic Mini creates.

Any suggestions?

I am very, very, new to drones and do not yet know my way around them yet.

Thanks so much.

mraroid in Salem Oregon, US

2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mraroid. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what video editing software for your PC is best for editing and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2020-2-15
Use props
mraroid
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-15 08:52
Hello and good day mraroid. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what video editing software for your PC is best for editing and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please fly safe always.

Thank you for the kind greetings.

I shoot movie film, and own 35mm and 16mm movie film cameras.  I also shoot some digital and have  experience with editing and burning 1080p blu-ray disks as well as 4K Ultra blu-rays.   However, I have absolutely no experience with drones.

I hope to read and learn on this forum.  I did look at, and play with the utility that comes with  DJI Fly.  It can do some amazing things.  But for my 4K burning application I need to move to desktop video editing software that can support the file format that the Mavic Mini produces.

I do wish that future firmware updates will support saving in RAW.  This will allow the Mavic Mini digital film files to be supported in a more wide range of desktop video editing and burning packages.

Can anyone direct me to a forum which deals with cinematography and the files created by the  Mavic Mini?

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Mraroid in Salem Oregon US.

2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome mraroid. You are very much welcome. In addition I will be posting a DJI Forum link where in you on how to post-process and create cinematic drone film ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2087185 ). I hope this link can help you as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules