How many hours will the motors
4138 14 2020-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

On a M2p and all run4 b4 they are worn out? I persume dji have run them to death in testing and must have stats especially since you do not need to lubricate.
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for clarification. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!
2020-2-15
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

Brushless motors can last for years if not damaged by a crash and kept relatively clean. Only wearing part is the ball bearing on such a motor. And since we are flying and not driving through dirt, you shouldn't worry that much about lifetime I think.
2020-2-15
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 08:43
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for clarification. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!

Thanks it will be interesting to know.
2020-2-15
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Denny-R Posted at 2-15 10:05
Brushless motors can last for years if not damaged by a crash and kept relatively clean. Only wearing part is the ball bearing on such a motor. And since we are flying and not driving through dirt, you shouldn't worry that much about lifetime I think.

Yes i have heard that brushless motors are good for years but i would like to know how long they actually last and im sure dji must know this.
2020-2-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 2-15 11:02
Yes i have heard that brushless motors are good for years but i would like to know how long they actually last and im sure dji must know this.

I don't think there is a definitve time scale - I've known people on here reach millions of feet with an original Mavic Pro and still experience zero motor issues after a few years of regular use. I think it is safe to say that other major parts of the drone will wear and fail well before the motors do.
2020-2-15
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

My original Mavic had 107 flight hours or 2000 miles on it when I sold it.
My Mavic 2 has 62 flight hours with 1200 mile flown and is still going strong.

It would be interesting to know what kind of hours DJI tested to motors to.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RK7dronzy Posted at 2-15 11:00
Thanks it will be interesting to know.

Thank you for your patience.
2020-2-16
Use props
Cryptic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

did not know they lasted for years.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your patience. I was able to verify this concern to our related department and the brushless motor which used on our drones normally can work at least tens of thousands of hours. No need to worry about it. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-19
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-19 08:47
Hi, thank you for your patience. I was able to verify this concern to our related department and the brushless motor which used on our drones normally can work at least tens of thousands of hours. No need to worry about it. Thank you for your continued support!

Thank for your reply and effort and its good to know but i assume that dji have not run the motors to destruction unlike the arms that in a previous post do have a limited life. Anyway i am quite happy with my m2pro and i am sure it will last for years barring an accident or the powers to be.
2020-2-20
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I am amazed DJI actually came back with an actual answer for once.  
2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RK7dronzy Posted at 2-20 08:30
Thank for your reply and effort and its good to know but i assume that dji have not run the motors to destruction unlike the arms that in a previous post do have a limited life. Anyway i am quite happy with my m2pro and i am sure it will last for years barring an accident or the powers to be.

Thank you for your response. This information is based on the testing that our engineers conduct on the motors of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-20
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Really good question that many don't think about that much.  The info is good to know.
2020-2-21
Use props
djiuser_mkvV5rLRHG8P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90630 ft
United States

I would like to purchase a used DJI Air 2 and it is an excellent condition as far as looks but it has 61 hours of flight time on it... Does anybody know how that rates and is it just me or does that sound like a lot of hours for a drone?
1-18 07:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules