DJI Fly app issue with FC buttons
829 9 2020-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

I finally got to do my first flights with the mini today... all went perfect except for several issues with the DJI Fly app and FC. The first flight started in beginner mode, however, not sure how the beginner mode ended really fast - couple of minutes, didn't even ask me to pitch, yaw or throttle, i didn't pay attention to it hence not sure what and how it ended. the first thing i tried to change in settings was the stick control mode to 3, impossible, i figured out the beginner mode, as the notification suggested, however i was not able to change the flight mode, probably again because of the tutorial. But also the buttons on the FC did not work, i could not take picture nor shoot video, but could do so with the buttons on the screen - is this normal? Even after i continued flying normally out of the tutorial none of these settings worked, until i closed the DJI Fly app and restarted it. All was fine afterwards. On the second flight the tutorial triggered again, i did all the prompts and steps and landed as part of the tutorial.. All good, i thought this time i finished it correctly, shouldn't bother me anymore, i can go freely and change settings, but no. I started the next flight normaly but again was not able to change stick control mode, nor flight mode nor take pictures and video using FC buttons, only the screen ones. Again shut down DJI Fly and restart it and all worked fine till the end of the this flight and on the last one. So is this a bug in the DJI Fly app or it is because of the beginner mode, though after continuing without tutorial i still had the issues until restart of app? anybody else experiencing similar behaiviour?
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sbonev. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please from us to be able to isolate the said issue? Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for us to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-2-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-15 12:08
Hello and good day sbonev. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please from us to be able to isolate the said issue? Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for us to assist you further. Thank you.

i am using it on Samsung Note 8, haven't tried reinstalling the DJI Fly app yet, as those were the first flights i got to use it, i will try these days again to see if it happens again and in case it does i will try to reinstall the app and see if it fixes it.
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sbonev Posted at 2-15 12:19
i am using it on Samsung Note 8, haven't tried reinstalling the DJI Fly app yet, as those were the first flights i got to use it, i will try these days again to see if it happens again and in case it does i will try to reinstall the app and see if it fixes it.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Please keep us updated on the said matter for us to be able to further assist you. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-15 12:24
Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Please keep us updated on the said matter for us to be able to further assist you. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

today i made another test, unfortunately could do only one flight....this time no issue with the FC buttons and configurations. However there is a really big issue with DJI Fly app...after the 6th min in the flight my Note 8 got restarted, obviously the DJI Fly app caused a crash, however when phone booted and the DJI Fly app started it got reset to default - like a clear data was performed on the app... as a result i had to agree to all terms and conditions and enter my username and pass again...all this while total loss of visibility of the drone. Good thing was i was quite high above obstacles and the RTH got triggered and once i had visibility i canceled it and left the drone hovering while fixing the DJI Fly app. In any other scenario it could have ended badly. Apart from that i lost signal in 300 m, i was on top of a hill direct LOS,  no obstacles between the drone and me, and as much wifi interferences there would be, I doubt it can be so polluted, being a place with less buildings, more rural area with farms around.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sbonev Posted at 2-16 09:36
today i made another test, unfortunately could do only one flight....this time no issue with the FC buttons and configurations. However there is a really big issue with DJI Fly app...after the 6th min in the flight my Note 8 got restarted, obviously the DJI Fly app caused a crash, however when phone booted and the DJI Fly app started it got reset to default - like a clear data was performed on the app... as a result i had to agree to all terms and conditions and enter my username and pass again...all this while total loss of visibility of the drone. Good thing was i was quite high above obstacles and the RTH got triggered and once i had visibility i canceled it and left the drone hovering while fixing the DJI Fly app. In any other scenario it could have ended badly. Apart from that i lost signal in 300 m, i was on top of a hill direct LOS,  no obstacles between the drone and me, and as much wifi interferences there would be, I doubt it can be so polluted, being a place with less buildings, more rural area with farms around.

Thank you for giving us an update sbonev with regards to this issue. Let me please forward these thread/information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation and attention. Again thank you for your understanding and please fly safe always.
2020-2-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 09:44
Thank you for giving us an update sbonev with regards to this issue. Let me please forward these thread/information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation and attention. Again thank you for your understanding and please fly safe always.

actually i just realized that the app crashed and rebooted phone when the signal was lost.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sbonev Posted at 2-16 09:55
actually i just realized that the app crashed and rebooted phone when the signal was lost.

Thank you for this information you added and have given us. This information will also be cascaded to the designated DJI department. Thank you.
2020-2-16
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Is it not your mobile device's screen time out? Possibly set for 5minutes?
2020-2-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-17 03:33
Is it not your mobile device's screen time out? Possibly set for 5minutes?

my screen timeout is 1 min. definitely not that, also on the previous day i flew without any issues for an hour...and never got screen timed out...definitely upon losing connection DJI Fly app crashed, restarting phone, and reverting back to default settings, as i had to enter my username and pass again.
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules