Cannot export quickshot
2934 13 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

I found that if you try to export a quickshot from a cache video (not imported from Drone/SD) you simply can't.

You can preview it but when you hit export button you see all export options (eg whatsapp, facebook, instagram icon) and when you click on any of these .. nothing happens
If I export the NON quickshot version (no speed change and no audio) the export works fine!

Android 10 and DJI Fly 1.0.6

Can someone confirm?

Hope that DJI will fix that with next DJI Fly version
2020-2-16
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

IMO, quickshots not cached to you device. So, for export (share) quickshots from you device, you must import they first
2020-2-16
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 2-16 04:45
IMO, quickshots not cached to you device. So, for export (share) quickshots from you device, you must import they first

not true .. they are cached..  and anyway the interface/application permits you to see it (preview with audio).. and it permits to export.. then it doesn't work..
If you click on its info you see it's 1280x720 (it's ok for WA export)..
If it's supposed to don't do that.. it should advise or not permit to do that operation..
Don't you agree?
2020-2-16
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

spanzetta Posted at 2-16 05:03
not true .. they are cached..  and anyway the interface/application permits you to see it (preview with audio).. and it permits to export.. then it doesn't work..
If you click on its info you see it's 1280x720 (it's ok for WA export)..
If it's supposed to don't do that.. it should advise or not permit to do that operation..

Update: I imported the clip from the Drone ... and still CANNOT export the QuickShot (it's Helix)... when I click on any of the export button (eg Whatsapp) nothing happens..
I suspect there is a problem.. maybe because of Android 10?
With my previous phone with Android 9 I remember I did export a QuickShot with no problems..
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to sync your flight records on the DJI Fly application and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could try a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue that would be great. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-16
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-16 08:52
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to sync your flight records on the DJI Fly application and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could try a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue that would be great. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I found the quickshot file under  DJI -> dji.go.v5 -> Cache -> editor_cache... that means that while files are saved on the phone.. the export function doesn't work.. so it's definitively an application issue..

curious to know why are you asking to sync flight log? anyway they are already synced.. but I really don't see any correlation between sync flight log and this issue..
try a different mobile? well.. don't have a second one.. ;-)
2020-2-17
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

spanzetta Posted at 2-16 07:52
Update: I imported the clip from the Drone ... and still CANNOT export the QuickShot (it's Helix)... when I click on any of the export button (eg Whatsapp) nothing happens..
I suspect there is a problem.. maybe because of Android 10?
With my previous phone with Android 9 I remember I did export a QuickShot with no problems..

but the downloaded video should be in you pictures folder? From there,
you should be able to send it
2020-2-17
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

UweE Posted at 2-17 09:23
but the downloaded video should be in you pictures folder? From there,
you should be able to send it

they are not visible in gallery.. had to manually search for them..
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

spanzetta Posted at 2-17 07:53
I found the quickshot file under  DJI -> dji.go.v5 -> Cache -> editor_cache... that means that while files are saved on the phone.. the export function doesn't work.. so it's definitively an application issue..

curious to know why are you asking to sync flight log? anyway they are already synced.. but I really don't see any correlation between sync flight log and this issue..

The reason why I am asking to sync your flight records its because I ask  you to uninstall and reinstall the application. Therefore, if you uninstall the application without syncing your flight records the files might be gone or it will not save on your account. That's the main purpose why I ask you to sync the flight logs. Thank you
2020-2-18
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

I had the same problem. It occurs when you do the following:

1) Do a quickshot.
2) Shutdown the drone without downloading the full file.
3) Generated the default quickshot video using cached video.

I'm not sure how I got it done but I think I deleted the auto generated quickshot from cached video. Redownloaded the file directly from the mini and then regenerate the quickshot. Can someone verify if this is can be replicated?

My guess is that where the fly app should not have generated the video when it is in cached mode or simpler, just allow the quickshot from cached video to be shared.
2020-2-19
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

Tried again without using cache and had same problem.. the quickshot file is there but cannot export
2020-2-23
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

With latest 1.0.8 version this problem is solved!!
That confirm it was definitively a bug .. even if nobody at DJI wanted to admit...
2020-4-5
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Thanks for the update. Helpful to know a bug have been successfully removed.
2020-4-5
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yes... maybe several ones.. It was good if with any new SW Release (like any SW company should do) there is a "release notes" which contains all "NEW Features" and "BUG Solved" sections..
2020-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules