Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stolen Phantom 4. Auto Landing isn't very smooth.
621 3 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hansoto
New
Flight distance : 114199 ft

United States

I picked up a Phantom 4 last week for dirt cheap ($200 with 4 batteries and a club case rolling carry-on).  The deal was too good to be true so I did some digging around and found some memory cards in the case.  I went through the videos, got a screengrab of one of the only faces without sunglasses and found the owner of the drone through some reverse lookup catfish sites.  Reached out to him to see if it was stolen from him.  He responded 3 days later thanking me for making the effort and said I can keep the drone - he is backpacking across Europe and doesn't want the extra baggage. He has since dealt with the Perp (who was sadly a family member of his).

I just tested it out and it flies beautifully.  Tried to update the firmware from 01.02.0602 and it kept failing -- then I read a FW Update thread and am grateful that it did not work!!!  Going to stick with the current firmware and airplane mode my phone that I use strictly for DJI products.

Question about the landing.  I noticed it was a little rough on the landing (bounces up and down before hitting the ground harder than I am accustomed to).  Think there may be something wrong with the bottom sensors?
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hansoto. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for the information you have shared with us. You may try to calibrate the sensors of the DJI Phantom 4 and see if the issue will still persist. I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to Calibrate the Vision Positioning System on DJI Phantom 4. Thank you.

2020-2-16
Use props
hansoto
New
Flight distance : 114199 ft

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 08:12
Hello and good day hansoto. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for the information you have shared with us. You may try to calibrate the sensors of the DJI Phantom 4 and see if the issue will still persist. I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to Calibrate the Vision Positioning System on DJI Phantom 4. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSqz7R5zwI

It worked!!! Thanks brother!!!
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hansoto Posted at 2-16 08:47
It worked!!! Thanks brother!!!

You are very much welcome hansoto. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you.
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules