Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
VERY limited altitude and distance in France
568 8 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philgib
lvl.4

France

Hello,

I have the latest firmwares installed in both MM and RC

Despite my settings allowing for 2000m max distance and 300m max altitude,  DJI Fly says at loud that MM is at maximum distance when I reach about 150 meters, and maximum height at about 100 meters...

Does anyone have the same problem in France, i.e. would it be something forced by the GPS position ?

Thx

2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day philgib. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini's maximum flight distance will depend on the location where you are flying your drone, whether you are in a CE or FCC transmission. Also, there are chances that the magnetic interference in the area where you are flying the said drone might affect the maximum flight distance wherein the drone will tell you a message in the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2020-2-16
Use props
philgib
lvl.4

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 09:23
Hello and good day philgib. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini's maximum flight distance will depend on the location where you are flying your drone, whether you are in a CE or FCC transmission. Also, there are chances that the magnetic interference in the area where you are flying the said drone might affect the maximum flight distance wherein the drone will tell you a message in the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Thank you.

So if I understand you well, in case of interferences, the app Fly would issue a message saying the maximum distance is reached ?

Or could you please inform that being in France, range and altitude would be enforced within the DJI app ? I hope not because any 50 dollars toy could reach the altitude and range my MM is limited to at the moment...  
2020-2-16
Use props
Francoisd
Captain
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Hi,

I think, it depends of where you are flying. I am in France too and don't have limit in the zone I fly.
But if you go in fly app and touche the localization in the top left corner, you will see on the map where you are and if you have fly limit.
For example, if I go on the map near an airport in the direction of the landing runway, the fly altitude limit can be from 60 to 150m.
2020-2-16
Use props
Maxwooze
New
France

Same problem. Range test 300 meters maximum in countryside in middle of fields (no interference messages). Altitude test 265 meters... Disappointing.
2020-2-16
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

sorry, double posts.
2020-2-16
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

300mt is quite high and honestly not very useful height. The first time you climb over 100 meters I do remember you have to accept a disclaimer. Not that I need often to climb above 100 m but at one time I did because I needed to climb near the top of a mountain, in any case the highest point you can reach from the home point is 500 m.
Try resetting the app limits and warnings.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

philgib Posted at 2-16 09:27
Thank you.

So if I understand you well, in case of interferences, the app Fly would issue a message saying the maximum distance is reached ?

You are very much welcome philgib. can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location and see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2020-2-16
Use props
philgib
lvl.4

France

All right then, I will try another location.

As a realtor, believe me sometimes you need to fly high in order to frame the full plot.

Main issue in France is that most of the coastal area is a no-fly zone... Boring !

I wish I could waive the limitation somehow in the DJI Fly app, through a waiver or else. Any hint pls ?Or how do you reset all waivers in the app ?

Thank you
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules