Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick flight today over a frozen snow covered lake with a couple ...
721 11 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcailjr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60489 ft
United States

Took a quick flight today. Had some drops with No inputs from the controller had to use full up to keep mini from landing in the snow. Just thought I'd jump on here and post the logs so anybody that wants can pick then apart. Temps were around 32 F. very light steady breeze definately not more than the mini should handle. P mode for the whole flight and drops occured with a steady forward speed. I will be trying to reinstall all Firmware before next flight unfortunately will probably be awhile before that happens with the weather here. Thanks for any input anyone wants to give.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UP3HRJB3P1X7Q8WTBYKL/
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mcailjr. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. may I know if you have received any error messages during the flight and may we know also know if it was foggy that time when you flew the said drone that might have affected the drone itself or its sensors? The flight condition might have affected sensors of the said drone or the drone itself that is why this issue happened. Thank you.
2020-2-16
Use props
mcailjr
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 14:26
Hello and good day mcailjr. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. may I know if you have received any error messages during the flight and may we know also know if it was foggy that time when you flew the said drone that might have affected the drone itself or its sensors? The flight condition might have affected sensors of the said drone or the drone itself that is why this issue happened. Thank you.

It was cloudy but clear visibilty was over 10 miles. Check the flight log that I posted. This is NOT the first drop problems that I have had. I am beginning to think it is either a problem with the latest firmware or the installation of the latest firmware. Batteries are all updated. I am going to try reinstalling ALL firmware again and test when the weather is good again.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing this additional information with us mcailjr. I will forward this concern of yours to our designated DJI department for clarification. I will keep you posted once we have there feedback and update. Thank you.
2020-2-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi mcailjr,

Loosing height approx. 9 meters, did you saw this as your MM was not that far from the takeoff position?

What i also do not understand is the fluctuation in pitch (+speed), see lower chart ID 4780 ; why pitch up while steady 100% fwd stick?

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just checking, did you fit or change props recently for any reason, or did you fit orignal props ?
2020-2-18
Use props
mcailjr
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-18 11:45
Hi mcailjr,

Loosing height approx. 9 meters, did you saw this as your MM was not that far from the takeoff position?

Thank you for looking at this JJB. I did notice the drop in alt. I did left off the forward stick for a second when I noticed it dropping maybe the logs picked up the pitch from that but not the stick movement I'm not sure. I know since I updated the firmware it has been doing this. When I get a chance I'm going to try updating again and see what happens. I've heard that it has helped some people.
2020-2-18
Use props
mcailjr
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 12:37
Just checking, did you fit or change props recently for any reason, or did you fit orignal props ?

original props no damage to them at all only have a few flights on them. The problem started after I updated firmware and batteries. I've seen a few posts of people reinstalling the update and having that fix it gonna try that when I get a chance and test when I get some good weather again.
2020-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mcailjr Posted at 2-18 12:46
original props no damage to them at all only have a few flights on them. The problem started after I updated firmware and batteries. I've seen a few posts of people reinstalling the update and having that fix it gonna try that when I get a chance and test when I get some good weather again.

Ok we’re props on drone when it came? Refresh is good option and can help in some instances .
2020-2-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

mcailjr Posted at 2-18 12:46
original props no damage to them at all only have a few flights on them. The problem started after I updated firmware and batteries. I've seen a few posts of people reinstalling the update and having that fix it gonna try that when I get a chance and test when I get some good weather again.

If you still see problems after reinstalling (re-freshing) current firmware.  If you can try loading/installing previous version of firmware.

If that does not help.  Try replacing Prop blades with a brand new set of replacement blades.  Make sure to keep blades paired.  A warning recently brought to light by "Labroides " from DJI MM manual.  (see screen snap below)

Should you replace Prop's blades.  Label them as pairs as blades are removed.  It will allow you to put original blades back on, should problem stop and you want to verify it was original blades.

No mixing of blades

No mixing of blades

2020-2-18
Use props
mcailjr
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 13:05
Ok we’re props on drone when it came? Refresh is good option and can help in some instances .

yes original props on the mini when it came with the flymore combo.
2020-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mcailjr Posted at 2-18 13:48
yes original props on the mini when it came with the flymore combo.

Ok thank you, so refresh see how that goes, I have seen a couple of videos on YT with your exact symptoms but no real answers.

Don’t know if you’ll get any answers of dji but highly unlikely, however there is a very good moderator here dji Mindy , might be worth reaching out to her, maybe she can throw some light on this for you .
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules