Pro 2 Drifts in Tripod Mode
486 5 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyawayhome
lvl.1

United States

Hi I'm just getting used to using my drone (which I bought last week). I've familiarized myself with lifting off, changing a few features, flying slowly around, and landing back in place.

In this process, I'm learning about the different modes: Sport, Positioning, and Tripod. In both Sport and Positioning modes, my drone hovers in one place with great stability. However, the second I put it on tripod mode, the drone begins to float up and to the left. The first time this scared me and I only just was able to land it without disaster. Now, I've confirmed with a couple flights that when I switch to Tripod, the drone begins drifting. What gives?
2020-2-16
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I have never experienced that.
2020-2-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you calibrated compass and IMU?
2020-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

First .. don't bother recalibrating any thing.
2nd .. How much drift are you seeing?

BTW Tripod Mode doesn't do anything to hold the drone steadier than other flight modes.
It just slows down the drone's speed and response to joystick moves.

2020-2-17
Use props
flyawayhome
lvl.1

United States

I calibrated, it took unusually long? Seemed like almost 5 minutes. Perhaps I was just not flipping it correctly. Now it no longer drifts in Tripod mode, but does seem more unsteady. Will update if anything changes, thanks peeps
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day flyawayhome. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is good to know that after calibrating your DJI Mavic 2 Pro the drone is no longer drifting but it became unsteady. Kindly please give us an update after your test flight if the issue will still persist for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules