Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S - Record button not working - Nikon z6 & z7
5520 8 2020-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coggleton
New

United Kingdom

Hi there,

Hope someone can help. I have the Ronin-S all setup, balanced and working.

However, when I connect the cable to my cameras (Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7) using the USB-C cable provided O can not get the record button on the Ronin Handle to work.

Can anyone offer any thoughts or advice? Is there a setting in the camera I need to activate/deactivate? I have upgraded the firmware on the Ronin to the latest version.

Many thanks
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Coggleton, may we verify how did you trigger the Record button? Are capturing photo and recording video both not working? Does other buttons work? camera control button.png
2020-2-24
Use props
Coggleton
New

United Kingdom

Hi Mindy

The other buttons on the Ronin work fine. It's just the record button that doesn't do anything (although did work originally!)

Thanks
2020-2-26
Use props
WOODWERD
New
Flight distance : 3127 ft
United States

I have just added Ronin SC to my setup and my Nikon Z6 is on FW3.0 and I have no ability to get the Record button to work. Does anyone know of what the solution is.  I have verified proper cable setup etc.
2020-4-24
Use props
PilotMike
lvl.1

United States

WOODWERD Posted at 4-24 18:21
I have just added Ronin SC to my setup and my Nikon Z6 is on FW3.0 and I have no ability to get the Record button to work. Does anyone know of what the solution is.  I have verified proper cable setup etc.

I have the Z6 and Ronin SC as well. The record start/stop worked fine initially and has now stopped working. I was never able to set focus by half pressing the button and thought it was just a compatibility issue. Nope. DJI states the Ronin SC can set focus as well as record start/stop. Anyone have an update??
2020-7-29
Use props
PilotMike
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 02:47
Hi Coggleton, may we verify how did you trigger the Record button? Are capturing photo and recording video both not working? Does other buttons work?[view_image]

I have the Z6 and Ronin SC as well. The record start/stop worked fine initially and has now stopped working. I was never able to set focus by half pressing the button and thought it was just a compatibility issue. Nope. DJI states the Ronin SC can set focus as well as record start/stop. Anyone have an update??
2020-7-29
Use props
fansaa0b969c
New

United States

Any fix with this i have same issue?
2021-1-30
Use props
philipawalker
lvl.1

United States

Just posting for anyone who might be having the same problem. The fix that worked for me is that I had the cable plugged in backwards. The USB-C to USB-C cable should be plugged in with the 90 degree angled end plugged into the gimbal. The regular straight end should be plugged into the Z6. Once I did this record function worked as expected!
2021-9-23
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.3
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Is there a camera menu when connecting to the Ronin APP?
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules