Firmware upgrade issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello
During a firmware update, I have now a big issue with my Phantom 3 ADV.

I don't have any connection with the Ipad (tried on Iphone too). The app said : No Connection

On the RC I see a slow green flashing

And I don't see any image from the drone.

The RC can still control the drone (start and stop engine for exemple).

I spend many hours of forums and I don't find any usefull information.

I did that :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=55321&pid=429881

Whithout any success...

Thanks for your help.
2020-2-17
Use props
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

One of the things I have noticed is that when I connect the USB Cable from the RC to the iPad Mini 4, I don't have any "sound" on the Ipad, before, after a connection, I was able to ear a sound from the iPad saying that something is connected ... Now I have nothing... I tried to change the cable and the device (iPhone), and the same results. I don't have any other things than Apple ...

So to resume the situation :

After a simple update of the RC (from the app by pressing: "Upgrade" something went wrong and now on my RC, I have a green led slowly flashing. No connection is possible with the USB cable.

Tried the things like :
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.

But still no success... I contacted the support and hope they will be able to find a solution...

2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. If you have tried a different data cable and the issue still persists the issue maybe something internal or the port of the remote controller. I would kindly please send the remote controller for further diagnosis. Rest assure that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-2-19
Use props
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 09:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. If you have tried a different data cable and the issue still persists the issue maybe something internal or the port of the remote controller. I would kindly please send the remote controller for further diagnosis. Rest assure that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

Yes tried with 3 cables and 2 devices for connection. I buy a USB adapter to test the mini USB port next to the big one and see (I'll be able to test the Friday).

If the problem persists, that means something breaks the port during the firmware's update.

I already contacted DJI for reparation and still waiting for more info from email. (I would like to know the price as it's a "old" drone...) If it's too expensice, I'll sell the rest of the drone as spead parts.

Thanks for your reply !
2020-2-19
Use props
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 09:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. If you have tried a different data cable and the issue still persists the issue maybe something internal or the port of the remote controller. I would kindly please send the remote controller for further diagnosis. Rest assure that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

Yes tried with 3 cables and 2 devices for connection. I buy a USB adapter to test the mini USB port next to the big one and see (I'll be able to test the Friday).

If the problem persists, that means something breaks the port during the firmware's update.

I already contacted DJI for reparation and still waiting for more info from email. (I would like to know the price as it's a "old" drone...) If it's too expensice, I'll sell the rest of the drone as spead parts.

Thanks for your reply !
2020-2-19
Use props
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply !
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cthulhus24 Posted at 2-19 12:03
Yes tried with 3 cables and 2 devices for connection. I buy a USB adapter to test the mini USB port next to the big one and see (I'll be able to test the Friday).

I am sorry to know that the issue still persist after these troubleshooting steps and thank you for the update. If the issue still persists after using a different data cable, please let our DJI support team do a further diagnosis on the said remote controller for a proper resolution. Rest assured that your DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Thank you.
2020-2-19
Use props
Cthulhus24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A created a case for the reparation a few days ago and on my account, I was able to see it :

But now the case page is empty. It's normal ?

But I keep the case number and I still can access it :

And I don't have any address. Should I send it? (I never use that service before).

Another question: I installed an antenna upgrade a few years ago. I can send the RC with that antenna ? I not sure if I still have the original one.

Thanks !
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cthulhus24 Posted at 2-19 22:53
A created a case for the reparation a few days ago and on my account, I was able to see it :

[view_image]

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. Kindly please provide us the case number via PM for us to double check. When sending in units for repair, please do not include any non-DJI accessories or parts. Thank you.
2020-2-22
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

A fairly common problem with earlier RC's is that there is a dry joint on the USB connector board? I had one on mine and a simple re solder sorted it.
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules