5421 7 2020-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The Osmo Action starts to fail at around 20-25F degrees. What usually happens is the recording video on/off button doesn’t record video but only takes images. The Osmo buttons on the camera seem to short circuit and are difficult push downward. I wish the Action was better in colder/extreme/skiing conditions.
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gordon Banks. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Action. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and help you further with regards to this matter? For reference the DJI Osmo Action 's Operating Temperature is from -10 to 40°C ( 14 to 104°F ). Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2020-2-17
Use props
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 09:44
Hello and good day Gordon Banks. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Action. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and help you further with regards to this matter? For reference the DJI Osmo Action 's Operating Temperature is from -10 to 40°C ( 14 to 104°F ). Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Stephen.... A sample video will not demonstrate how the Osmo Action’s buttons fail at lower temperatures. The Osmo Action will not operate properly below around 25F. Please note my camera battery is usually fully charged before shooting skiing outdoors. Please let your Osmo Action design engineers know about this cold weather issue and improve the 2.0 version of the action cam for next year.
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_99jkEojbEiOS
lvl.3
Serbia

Gordon Banks Posted at 2-17 11:11
DJI Stephen.... A sample video will not demonstrate how the Osmo Action’s buttons fail at lower temperatures. The Osmo Action will not operate properly below around 25F. Please note my camera battery is usually fully charged before shooting skiing outdoors. Please let your Osmo Action design engineers know about this cold weather issue and improve the 2.0 version of the action cam for next year.

Take your’s phone and film it when camera goes crazy then post that here.
2020-2-17
Use props
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

When in video mode, the red record button takes pictures. The camera’s buttons don’t function properly or consistently.
2020-2-18
Use props
djiuser_99jkEojbEiOS
lvl.3
Serbia

Gordon Banks Posted at 2-18 07:06
When in video mode, the red record button takes pictures. The camera’s buttons don’t function properly or consistently.

I get it but they ( DJI team ) needs to see that problem.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gordon Banks Posted at 2-17 11:11

Hello and good day Gordon Banks. Thank you for providing us these additional information. I will forward this concern to our designated DJI department for clarification and for further evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-2-18
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I've used it all the way down to -5c with no problems at all whereas the gopro died at just above zero.  What I have found with the osmo is it's important to keep the batteries warm.  I keep them in my pocket and rotate warmed ones through the camera every 30-40 minutes.
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules