Are drones still worth buying?
914 5 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jortdr
New
Netherlands

Hi there,
I'm thinking about getting the Mavic Mini for simple filmmaking, but something is bothering me.
I've been digging into all the new flight regulations and I've noticed that there are SO many new rules and the number of flight spots keep decreasing over time.Considering consumer drones can cost $400 to $1400, is it still worth getting one?

I'd like to hear your opinion about this.

Cheers!
2020-2-18
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

You can find some more information below(in Dutch) about the new drone regulation in Europe starting 07/2020.
The Mavic Mini will be C0 classification (<250gr), and Open Category, you can find more flight information on the list-OPEN A1/C0.

https://www.dronedepot.be/europese-drone-wetgeving-2019/
2020-2-18
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

At this point, that is most definitely a valid question.  I do enjoy flying and acquiring my own aerial footage, though, all of these proposals and regulations are favoring corporations and government while leaving the 'little guy' by the wayside.  Unfortunately, this outcome was expected.  For now, you have to figure out how much are you wanting to fly, despite all of these regulations.
2020-2-18
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Yes, you have to figure out the use your particular situation will permit. But definitely yes.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jortdr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. I addition I will be posting a DJI Forum link on understanding the new EU drone rules 2020 ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline ) for reference. I hope this can help. Thank you for your support.
2020-2-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends on how much time and money you have spare and where you live of course in terms of weather conditions and aviation laws.
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules