Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SC C2 Button Problem
593 4 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b803c8d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller - latest firmware update and Go 4 app.
The C2 button is assigned to Camera Settings. After these recent updates the C2 button no longer brings up the Camera Settings panel at the first attempt. The C1 button, assigned to Focus, works fine.
Now, here's the workaround - if Camera Settings is called up via the touch screen icon first, every time thereafter the C2 button functions as expected and enables / disables Camera Settings.

Never had this problem with earlier firmware and Go 4 app.

Wouldn't it be good if DJI did a Quality control test on all basic control functions before releasing updates?

Makes you wonder what else they missed...

2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to set the C2 button to other settings to see if you still experience an issue using different settings? You can also try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-18 09:11
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to set the C2 button to other settings to see if you still experience an issue using different settings? You can also try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thanks for the prompt feedback DJI Gomora. I will try the suggestions and post the results. I did try assigning another function to the C2 button and then reassigning it back to Camera Settings but the issue persisted after restarting the Mavic and the SC.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans8b803c8d Posted at 2-18 10:56
Thanks for the prompt feedback DJI Gomora. I will try the suggestions and post the results. I did try assigning another function to the C2 button and then reassigning it back to Camera Settings but the issue persisted after restarting the Mavic and the SC.

Please let us know what is the result of your test for us to help you further. Thank you!
2020-2-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hello DJI Gamora

I'm happy to say that refreshing the firmware has fixed the issue. The Camera Settings can now be called up with the first press of the C2 button as expected. Appreciate the suggestion.

But I should add that refreshing the firmware was an agonisingly painful ordeal. More than 40 stalls due to network errors (there's nothing wrong with my fibre-optic broadband connection) and the entire process of downloading / transmitting / updating took an hour and a half. 90 minutes of my life is ebbing away watching a progress bar creep along, stall, restart, stall again...  I'm sorry but is this really necessary in 2020?

Furthermore, I'd be intrigued to know this  - what kind of voodoo is DJI using in its software that 'magically' restores malfunctioning hardware or software by refreshing a device's firmware?

I'm a huge fan of DJI gear, I have 5 drones and a Ronin S, I use them professionally and I'm well used to updating gear firmware, but sometimes the customer experience is beyond frustrating to say the least.
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules