Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost New Mavic 2 on Maiden flight due to barometer error
1127 4 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devjock
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I recently bought a new mavic 2 zoom to take with me for my trip to Alaska. I have flown drones in the past and know them quite well. During this trip I chose a remote spot with snow covered trees on a hill for my Mavics first flight.
I set the drone up and within minutes I’m in the air. I did some final checks to make sure everything was working and then started flying towards the trees.
I was flying for only a couple of minutes when I get a strange barometer error and the drone just started flying down. I throttled you to counteract this but it just kept going down and down. On the app it showed that it was climbing up but it just went down and crashed into the center of the trees and sunk into the snow.

I was flying at around 200ft in altitude. Had no reason to fly higher. I had very strong signal to my controller ( was only about 500 ft away) had very good GPS. RTH Home point was set. And there was no wind at all. I have no clue what happened but I couldn’t retrieve the drone back because the place is so remote and access to the crash site is very difficult.

I’m now wondering if I got a faulty drone to begin with. I have a spark which I’ve been flying for years and even when the spark gives me connection errors or sensor errors it doesn’t fall out of the sky.

Please help. Thanks.

2020-2-18
Use props
devjock
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to add that my entire flight time was around 2 mins. I don’t think I stressed the drone at all. My spark has seen far worse days with very crazy weather.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the incident happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case. We do have our professional team who will conduct a diagnostics for us to find out the main reason for the incident. A corresponding resolution will be provided. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-18
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Temperature too low?
2020-3-11
Use props
devjock
lvl.1
United States

Rogersk8ter Posted at 3-11 05:41
Temperature too low?

I don’t think so, we had two new Mavic 2 Zooms only one of them had issues. The other one was fine throughout the whole trip.
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules