Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 RTK won't connect
6974 7 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe_C
lvl.1
United States

I just received our new Phantom 4 RTK and wanted to make sure the firmware is up to date and make sure everything works.  The controller powers on fine, connects to wifi but would not connect to the aircraft.  The aircraft would boot up and just sit there with all four lights staying red.  The controller said it needed a firmware update so I went ahead.  Maybe a mistake?  Anyway, still can't get the aircraft to connect.  I thought maybe the RTK needed to be powered on and that won't even connect to the controller.  

I'm pretty new to the RTK version of the Phantom.  I got this for work so we could start doing some aerial surveys.  I have a personal Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro and never had problems connecting them to a controller.  

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.  I tried to search the forum to see if there were similar issues but only for Mavics and Phantom 3.  

We're still a few months out from being able to fly due to weather but wanted to make sure everything functions at least.  

Joe
2020-2-18
Use props
m_s
lvl.3

Germany

Have you done the linking process already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdlE_zKWYk
2020-2-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

2020-2-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

hope it help !!
2020-2-18
Use props
Joe_C
lvl.1
United States

That was a really good video on how to use the RTK function and planning the flights.  My problem is that when I turn on the controller and then turn on the aircraft they should connect I believe and they are not.  I got a reply from the vendor where I purchased it and their tech people are calling me this morning to go through it.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here as the RTK is completely different from my other Phantom 4 and my Mavics.  
2020-2-19
Use props
Joe_C
lvl.1
United States

m_s Posted at 2-18 22:40
Have you done the linking process already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdlE_zKWYk

Yep, this is an older video but I found the process on the new firmware.  When I pair the aircraft to the controller both the small side light that is the link button on the aircraft and the light on the controller both go green and the menu on the controller shows that it's linked with the aircraft.  However when you go to the flight control screen where you should see a camera image from the aircraft it shows aircraft disconnected.  Thanks for sharing the video though.  
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_BIR6H034nFLV
New

France

Hello, we have exactly the same problem. Do you found any solution ? Thank you for your answer
2020-6-5
Use props
Joe_C
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_BIR6H034nFLV Posted at 6-5 06:23
Hello, we have exactly the same problem. Do you found any solution ? Thank you for your answer

I ended up sending it back and getting a replacement.  I purchased through DroneNerds and they tried their best to help over the phone but in the end nothing worked.  They had me send it back and sent me a new one.  The new one works great now.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules