Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using the Osmo Mobile 3 without the MIMO app?
22789 17 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomZ_Am
lvl.1

United States

I would like to know if the OSMO Mobile 3 can be used without the MIMO App?
The MIMO app isn't ideal for "professional" shooting like you can in an app like Filmic Pro for example, where you can control all aspects of your cameras. My question is if the OSMO Mobile 3 will work without the MIMO app, and if soo, how well?

Thank you.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information regarding this query. DJI suggest to use the DJI Mimo application when operating your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for you to be able to utilize the intelligent features of the said gimbal. In addition, you may also use the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as a stabilizer after activating and installing the firmware update using the DJI Mimo. Thank you.
2020-2-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The problem with this device when used with other apps is that the gimbal modes cannot be switched without Mimo.  But the record button will work with any app that will record when the volume key of the phone is pressed.
2020-2-18
Use props
TomZ_Am
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 14:58
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information regarding this query. DJI suggest to use the DJI Mimo application when operating your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for you to be able to utilize the intelligent features of the said gimbal. In addition, you may also use the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as a stabilizer after activating and installing the firmware update using the DJI Mimo. Thank you.

Thank you, as long as I can use it as a stabilizer with other apps, that's totally fine. It's not that I want be using the cool features of the MIMO app at all, I just want to be able to use it as a gimbal / stabilizer when not using the MIMO app.

Either way, I just bought one, we'll see how it is when it arrives
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TomZ_Am Posted at 2-18 15:52
Thank you, as long as I can use it as a stabilizer with other apps, that's totally fine. It's not that I want be using the cool features of the MIMO app at all, I just want to be able to use it as a gimbal / stabilizer when not using the MIMO app.

Either way, I just bought one, we'll see how it is when it arrives

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_gemqIfkEMlke
New

Malaysia

Can I use the active tracking for video call?
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_TVYwTylLCmYc
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 10:50
You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.

Hi - I want to do the same thing, use the Mobile 3 as a stabilizer without the MIMO app. Were you successful setting up the gimbal without loading the dji app? Hope to know your experience. Thx, JA
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_TVYwTylLCmYc
New

United States

TomZ_Am Posted at 2-18 15:52

Either way, I just bought one, we'll see how it is when it arrives

TomZ- Hi - I want to do the same thing, use the Mobile 3 as a stabilizer without the MIMO app. Were you successful setting up the gimbal without loading the dji app? Hope to know your experience. Thx, JA
2020-8-5
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

djiuser_gemqIfkEMlke Posted at 4-20 01:10
Can I use the active tracking for video call?

Hi,
it's not possible
2020-8-6
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

djiuser_TVYwTylLCmYc Posted at 8-5 18:50
TomZ- Hi - I want to do the same thing, use the Mobile 3 as a stabilizer without the MIMO app. Were you successful setting up the gimbal without loading the dji app? Hope to know your experience. Thx, JA

you can use mobile osmo 3 without the Mimo app, but you wouldn't have access to smart features
2020-8-6
Use props
tammyartha
New

Indonesia

Mimo is for beginner and just social media orientation, for Pro / Advance, I think Filmic Pro and Moment are far better than Mini Mimo
2020-8-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use the moment app.
2020-8-9
Use props
vwatson
New

United States

I have a new osmo mobile 3 and would I like to use it for the first time with a phone that I do not have permission to use to install the app. How can I turn on the gimbal and use it just as a stabilizing platform for a phone camera?
2020-8-19
Use props
LJD
New

United Kingdom

Just to confirm that Osmo 3 definitely CAN be used with other apps, but with slightly reduced functionality (MIMO simply won't load on my ancient Samsung Note 4 with Android 6, even the old version side loaded as an apk).

I've just run a few basic tests and the gimbal works fine and smoothly, with on /off, sleep, lock, landscape / portrait, pan / tilt all working as expected. Bluetooth connects on switch-on without issue.

I haven't updated the firmware yet, but in my case it wouldn't toggle between video and still modes, so I have to start video recording manually, but it will shoot stills remotely. Nor does zoom operate via bluetooth, though the zoom switch is poorly placed anyway and I doubt I'd ever use live digital zoom on gimbal anyway.
2021-6-22
Use props
Phrank
lvl.1

Spain

LJD Posted at 2021-6-22 07:25
Just to confirm that Osmo 3 definitely CAN be used with other apps, but with slightly reduced functionality (MIMO simply won't load on my ancient Samsung Note 4 with Android 6, even the old version side loaded as an apk).

I've just run a few basic tests and the gimbal works fine and smoothly, with on /off, sleep, lock, landscape / portrait, pan / tilt all working as expected. Bluetooth connects on switch-on without issue.

I just asked myself the same question. I would like to have Apple ProRes when using the DJI Mimo. But as said before you can use the gimbal and any other app, but don't have these Mimo features like object tracking. Would be nice if Filmic Pro would support gimbals.

Update: I just found this. Except the tracking features you can do some stuff with a DJI Osmo and Filmic Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZNPTBJuSJs

2022-10-1
Use props
Chris G6
New

United States

Is there a way to use the zoom wheel in an external apply the built-in video or the NDI app?
2023-8-4
Use props
Jože Prek
New

Slovenia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-2-18 14:58

Greetings! I just bought a DJO OSMO 3 camera. after 5 attempts (on-off), the camera locked on the start menu and I can't continue, without activating or registering the product via the DJI Application (activate before use). Please give me instructions on how to use the camera without registration? LP Jože via joze.prek@gmail.com
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jože Prek Posted at 10-19 07:38
Greetings! I just bought a DJO OSMO 3 camera. after 5 attempts (on-off), the camera locked on the start menu and I can't continue, without activating or registering the product via the DJI Application (activate before use). Please give me instructions on how to use the camera without registration? LP Jože via

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It is required to activate the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 before using it for the first time. You may refer to the tutorial below for your reference on how to activate it using your mobile device. If you experience any issues, feel free to contact us back. Thank you.

2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules