847 2 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smarkus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4245 ft
Sweden

Is there a magic trick to it?

Seriously. I've had some bad luck lately, with the charging port breaking in my regular remote (not my fault) and flying my brand new Mavic mini into the ocean (my fault). So what do I do? Yeah, I buy more DJI products.

Finally, a remote that's supposed to be super awesome. But hell if you can update it.... Seriously, is this a joke?

1. Install DJI Assistant 2
2. Connect remote to computer
3. Upgrade firmware.

Okay, so... 5-6 fails now? No proper error message. Just, like now... stuck at 19% transmitting.... try again... stuck at 2% transmitting... No reason.

When I go back to main page, to restart the whole, I notice though that DJI Assistant doesn't think my remote is connected anymore. So I reconnect the USB cable, and it shows up. And I try again...

Paying as much money as I have done for a remote like this, and having this kind of crap to go through to get it up and running...

And what's up with downloading the firmware over and over and over and over again everytime you try to do the update? I am on a 4G connection and it takes forever. Serious bad design. If it is downloaded, and you need to confirm the file is OK, do a hash check, don't download it again.

Sorry, but I am mad as hell. I mean, I buy a completely new expensive remote because that crappy charging port on the regular remote controller broke because I don't want to be without a remote and wait for it to be fixed, and what do I get? Something I can't use. Because it can't be updated.

2020-2-18
Use props
Smarkus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4245 ft
Sweden

Okay. I solved it. Maybe this can help someone else.

I used my old PC with a USB-hub. Then the remote did not disconnect during update.

Don't see why there would be any issue updating with my Surface Book 2 but this is something the update software needs keep check on. Have spent hours trying to get this fixed now.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. My apologies that I was unable to help you with regards to the issue you experience. However, we're glad to know that you already resolved the issue and we thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you had done. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules