Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does the Mavic Mini support video to DJI Goggles yet?
7127 22 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
33db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Does the Mavic Mini support video to DJI Goggles yet?

Wondering have they added this function yet? Any plans to add it?

2020-2-19
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 741864 ft
Germany

2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini is currently not compatible with the DJI Goggles. However, we will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-19
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Germany

There are at least 2 near same thread here, use the search before posting please
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_ARoME4Z1trTr
New

Canada

How about a link for that AirPlay dongle
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_ARoME4Z1trTr
New

Canada

German DroneTV Posted at 2-19 07:58
https://youtu.be/w7Zs1JUTWsg

Can I have a link for that AirPlay dongle please
2020-2-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought this when it was on deal for $12, there are a bunch to choose from; others will post links to other options:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-2-22
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Germany

https://www.amazon.com/-/us/dp/B07BKS3GJN/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=airplay+dongle+yehua&qid=1581429980&sr=8-7
2020-2-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Compatibility with Goggles would be very useful even if FPV driving is prohibited in Italy.
I have only one doubt: in the Goggles do I see what the drone sees or do I also have telemetry data (view of the app)?
2020-2-23
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Germany

Renato61 Posted at 2-23 09:33
Compatibility with Goggles would be very useful even if FPV driving is prohibited in Italy.
I have only one doubt: in the Goggles do I see what the drone sees or do I also have telemetry data (view of the app)?

You have the same view in goggles & smartphone
2020-2-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Renato61 Posted at 2-23 09:33
I have only one doubt: in the Goggles do I see what the drone sees or do I also have telemetry data (view of the app)?

this is why it isn't fair to claim this setup is compatible with the googles.  this setup will project the exact same image on the mobile phone to any hdmi device whether it is a monitor, a display, a tv, or goggles.  none of the google functionality is there.  before I say this is basically useless, I will try it in the field and see if it is decent.  obviously if you have a spotter who is not at the controls, this works instead of looking over your shoulder when the spotter takes a break from vlos duties.
2020-2-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2-23 17:37
this is why it isn't fair to claim this setup is compatible with the googles.  this setup will project the exact same image on the mobile phone to any hdmi device whether it is a monitor, a display, a tv, or goggles.  none of the google functionality is there.  before I say this is basically useless, I will try it in the field and see if it is decent.  obviously if you have a spotter who is not at the controls, this works instead of looking over your shoulder when the spotter takes a break from vlos duties.

I know that seeing the images of the smartphone is not like directing the drone with the movement of the head, it is still interesting for an immersive view.
2020-2-23
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Keep in mind that streaming video via Wifi from your phone is gonna mess with the connection between the remote and the drone big time!
2020-2-24
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 2-24 01:27
Keep in mind that streaming video via Wifi from your phone is gonna mess with the connection between the remote and the drone big time!

Not necessarily, if you configure the wifi and set it up to broadcast via 5.8 Ghz Frequency and keep the Drone and controller on 2.4 Ghz..
2020-2-24
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

Route77 Posted at 2-24 07:05
Not necessarily, if you configure the wifi and set it up to broadcast via 5.8 Ghz Frequency and keep the Drone and controller on 2.4 Ghz..

Sorry for my ignorance, but if it is possible (I don't know how) to configure the wifi of the smartphone, what need is there to connect the dongle to the Goggles?
2020-2-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The problem I see with this approach is that quite a few options must be input from the phone screen, if you have the gogles how can you?
I have standard VR gogles and thought about a work around too, but it seems risky.
2020-2-24
Use props
thecolumnsaol.com
lvl.1
United States

German DroneTV Posted at 2-23 16:16
You have the same view in goggles & smartphone

OK , i have the mavic mini and based on a few posts here that have said that you can use the dji goggles with the mavic mini if you purchsae an airplay dongle so i went out and bought a google chromecast dongle.  so i set up the chromecast dongle and it is working fine from my laptop, however what i am discovering is that you can't screen mirror an iphone with a chromecast dongle without buying 3rd party apps, which i have also done.  At this point all i see when i connect my chromecast to the dji goggles is the chromecast's wallpaper and i am having no luck screen mirroring my iphone.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE THROW ME A LIFELINE?????????
2020-3-1
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

thecolumnsaol.com Posted at 3-1 14:10
OK , i have the mavic mini and based on a few posts here that have said that you can use the dji goggles with the mavic mini if you purchsae an airplay dongle so i went out and bought a google chromecast dongle.  so i set up the chromecast dongle and it is working fine from my laptop, however what i am discovering is that you can't screen mirror an iphone with a chromecast dongle without buying 3rd party apps, which i have also done.  At this point all i see when i connect my chromecast to the dji goggles is the chromecast's wallpaper and i am having no luck screen mirroring my iphone.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE THROW ME A LIFELINE?????????

The Chromecast dongle doesn't have built in wifi so if you are out of range of your home network, I don't think it will work.
2020-3-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thecolumnsaol.com Posted at 3-1 14:10
OK , i have the mavic mini and based on a few posts here that have said that you can use the dji goggles with the mavic mini if you purchsae an airplay dongle so i went out and bought a google chromecast dongle.  so i set up the chromecast dongle and it is working fine from my laptop, however what i am discovering is that you can't screen mirror an iphone with a chromecast dongle without buying 3rd party apps, which i have also done.  At this point all i see when i connect my chromecast to the dji goggles is the chromecast's wallpaper and i am having no luck screen mirroring my iphone.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE THROW ME A LIFELINE?????????

return the Chromecast and purchase one of the recommended devices here or similar.

and please re-read the comments so you understand what you are getting.  hopefully you are no misled when you said "the googles will work with the Mavic Mini" because technically they don't.  as long as you know what you are getting.
2020-3-1
Use props
thecolumnsaol.com
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-1 18:37
return the Chromecast and purchase one of the recommended devices here or similar.

and please re-read the comments so you understand what you are getting.  hopefully you are no misled when you said "the googles will work with the Mavic Mini" because technically they don't.  as long as you know what you are getting.

Will this one work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKS3GJN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-3-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thecolumnsaol.com Posted at 3-2 17:28
Will this one work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKS3GJN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yes i believe this one will work.
2020-3-3
Use props
rich78m
New

Italy

Hi there,

I believe that a drone to be used as a hobby should have the ability to work with goggles from the factory and also must have an app that can simulate an air fight ... Only in this way a drone <250grams can justify spending all that money for a hobby.

I think we will wait a little longer, hoping that these implementations will make by DJI and not by other manufacturers :-)

2020-4-16
Use props
rich78m
New

Italy

Sorry for my previous post,

I forgot to write the first part of comment. Below you will find the complete post:

Hi there,

I suppose the screen mirroring will will not affect the controller range, am I correct?

My friends and I are waiting for Goggles before buying Mavic Mini;  I think your trick is quite well…well done!!!

Anyway, I believe that a drone to be used as a hobby should have the ability to work with goggles from the factory and also must have an app that can simulate an air fight (they exist)... Only in this way a drone <250grams can justify spending all that money for a hobby.

I think we will wait a little longer, hoping that these implementations will make by DJI and not by other manufacturers :-)
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules