Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Accessories
1085 4 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cryptic
First Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

What are some of the best accessories in your opinion for the mavic mini. Also do range extenders really work?
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend using any third party range extender. This may affect the performance and stability of the said drone during flight. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cryptic,

Yes, some of them do work but that also depends on what you call "work".  As Paladin says, when you use any Third Party range extender you are taking your chances and DJI will not be responsible for the results of your chances.

The best and cheapest range extenders that work with the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air are the parabolics that fit on your existing antennae.  They are usually about $10 and improve the video quality of your "Live View" and increase the range by a quarter to a third.  At least that has been my experience.

The down side is that your antennae have to face your Mavic at all times or the focusing effect may cut out, or greatly reduce, your signal and the result can be disastrous if you do not know what is happening.  It can cause anything from a Return to Home to a Crash (or both).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-20
Use props
Cryptic
First Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-20 01:58
Aloha Cryptic,

Yes, some of them do work but that also depends on what you call "work".  As Paladin says, when you use any Third Party range extender you are taking your chances and DJI will not be responsible for the results of your chances.

Thank you!
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_qGkOlKNE3Lqt
lvl.1

United States

I was wondering if there was a list of authorized accessories.   I would like a flir or some sort of thermal sensor to look for insulation concerns with a house.
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules