Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems With GPS.
3153 19 2020-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you have problems with GPS or wind and remember loosing GPS in open sky is very rare, but tip also for wind compass and other problems , keep this short tip in mind , and if you have to force land use your long lat and find my drone to recover drone or try land in designated safe landing areas this is always good preparation before flying .

Loss of GPS
Loss of GPS will lead to DRONE drifting with the wind. Inertial Monitoring Unit (IMU) will maintain aircraft stability. Return-to-Home function will be lost. GPS signal can be lost when operating in mountainous areas, built-up areas, forest areas and any other areas where GPS signals are blocked. Vision positioning systems may not work if heights in excess of 5m are maintained.

Actions
• Maintain lateral position using right stick (mode 2) control inputs
• Land as soon as practical

Forced Landing
If the stability of the DRONE is in doubt, it is best to attempt an immediate landing instead of returning to land at the assigned landing point. Delay in landing might allow stability issue deteriorate further. Suitable Emergency Landing sites Should always be identified and briefed prior to flight.
Actions
• Route to pre-determined Emergency Landing site
• Land

This is Not a wiki article but a drone flight training initiative.

2020-2-20
Use props
O Ynot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 220079 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Hallmark for the useful tips.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31266 ft
Vietnam

I'm having a problem in an MM flight that only reaches a height of 30m and loses signal with the MR1SD25 (CE) model control
GPS signal received 17 ,wifi was very bad at the time
May be this is a defective product
how to report a problem
just opened the box the day before yesterday
2020-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ Posted at 2-20 07:06
I'm having a problem in an MM flight that only reaches a height of 30m and loses signal with the MR1SD25 (CE) model control

What’s MR1SD25 ?

Usually when limited to 30m it’s because problems with vision senors no being activated and weak GPS, so while you say you have 17 sats can you check this against graph bar which should read 4/5 bars lit white. Sometimes you might see #17 but no bars lit up check this, only other thing I can think of is if you limited height in app to 30m.
Your video signal will be affected by your surroundings as will be your WiFi connection, so first try in open space free from interference.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ
lvl.1
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2-20 07:36
What’s MR1SD25 ?

Usually when limited to 30m it’s because problems with vision senors no being activated and weak GPS, so while you say you have 17 sats can you check this against graph bar which should read 4/5 bars lit white. Sometimes you might see #17 but no bars lit up check this, only other thing I can think of is if you limited height in app to 30m.

yes i will do it in a bigger and bigger space
I have video recording on the phone
how to let everyone see
thanks!!!
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ
lvl.1
Vietnam

All new items
It was brought from France to Vietnam
i live vietnam
Vietnam has sold a mini mavic for genuine fcc version.....
20200219_210839.jpg
20200219_210846.jpg
2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm having a problem in an MM flight that only reaches a height of 30m and loses signal with the MR1SD25 (CE) model control

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please fly the drone in a different location with less interference like electronic devices that generates signal, power lines and radio tower. And also please put the mobile device on airplane mode to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

O Ynot Posted at 2-20 05:55
Thanks Hallmark for the useful tips.

Your welcome hope it helps .
2020-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ Posted at 2-20 07:50
yes i will do it in a bigger and bigger space
I have video recording on the phone
how to let everyone see

Did you have any joy in getting signal sorted ..
2020-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very useful tips.  Thanks for sharing.  Have a great day.
2020-2-21
Use props
emaneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

If your drone is right over your head (vertically) the RC to AC connection is poor and can lead to signal losses. Try having the RC to AC relative position as horizontal as possible.
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

emaneg Posted at 2-21 06:52
If your drone is right over your head (vertically) the RC to AC connection is poor and can lead to signal losses. Try having the RC to AC relative position as horizontal as possible.

Good advice but different signal ;+):::::
2020-2-21
Use props
Cryptic
First Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

thanks for these tips!
2020-2-21
Use props
Cryptic
First Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

thanks for these tips!
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 05:01
Very useful tips.  Thanks for sharing.  Have a great day.

Your welcome thank you .
2020-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cryptic Posted at 2-21 12:17
thanks for these tips!

No problem hope it helps.
2020-2-22
Use props
PhantomPhil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 10:29
No problem hope it helps.

Even though reuse of an old tip, very handy to be reminded again. Thanks for sharing.
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhantomPhil Posted at 2-23 11:58
Even though reuse of an old tip, very handy to be reminded again. Thanks for sharing.

Well pill you see many people are very new to this hobby and appreciate all the help they can get, hence the reason they post, but you on the other hand insist on trying to stop others helping, by trolling an I’m sure others probably don’t appreciate phantom pill the troll thrashing threads .
2020-2-23
Use props
PhantomPhil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 12:06
Well pill you see many people are very new to this hobby and appreciate all the help they can get, hence the reason they post, but you on the other hand insist on trying to stop others helping, by trolling an I’m sure others probably don’t appreciate phantom pill the troll thrashing threads .

Please carry on being helpful, it was a useful tip and one that you can never be reminded of enough whether a beginner or not. I appreciate your help as much as anyone else. Thanks again for sharing.
2020-2-23
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1288806 ft
Netherlands

Had to practise this real time during windy conditions because of an battery comunication error and loss of all GPS sats.
Scary but manage the bring in the bird in one piece
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules